First Wish

☆╮Wish Upon a Star

chapter four; 

                 first wish

 

page-divider-105.gif

 
» 9:00 p.m.:

 

» yoo ara's pov;






 
 
 

"...and after you subtract that number from the equation, you should get x equals 12." I said, scrutinizing the algebraic equation in front of me. Yoo Ri's mouth automatically turned into an 'o' shape and she cooed in amazement, "Ohhh... So that's how you do it." She lightly tapped the middle of the page with her eraser before finishing off the problem with math scribbles written to the side. My gaze between the paper halted when I closed my eyes and stretched my arms up in relief. (a/n;   Everybody feels that way when they finish a super hard math problem right? Not just me? xD.)  "I got it!" she smiled at her achievement. "Gomawo, unnie!" (a/n;   Thanks sis!)






 
 
 
I fluttered my eyes open and right when I was going to say something back, the door flung open with my mom holding a tray full of fruits and late night snacks. Talk about right timing. I'm starving! "Eomma! I'm done!" (a/n;   Mom!) Yoo Ri grinned, instantly showing her the finished math problems as proof. Mom walked towards us with a proud grin plastered onto her face as she placed the tray on my white desk. "That's good!"

"I'm going to show Appa (a/n;   Dad) how much I got done!" Yoo Ri squealed in excitement, already racing out of my room with the workbook in her hands. "Y-Yah! Chak-!"  (a/n;   H-Hey! Wai-!)

 





 
 
 

When my mom was busy looking out the door at her disappearing figure, I snatched a few strawberries from the tray and plopped them all in my mouth, tasting the sweet burst of flavor splashing inside my mouth. She sat down in Yoo Ri's chair next to me and mumbled a few words that I couldn't understand. I gulped down the remaining amount of food and cleared my throat nervously. "Um... Eomma..." I whispered, tapping her shoulder to get her attention from looking at the door as if Yoo Ri was still there.

 





 
 
 

She spun around and I felt my blood rushing up to my face with my heart beating as fast as a rap beat in a song.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I have something to tell you..." I murmured slowly, the bottom of my lip nervously.

"Get to the point already, we don't have all day here." She sarcastically grumbled, getting impatient.

 

I pulled out the competition paper that Kwangmin handed to me earlier that I hid inside of my drawer and confessed as quickly as possible, "I-was-at-school-today-and-this-adorably-handsome-idol-jumped-from-the-school-window-and-handed-this-poster-just-for-me-so-is-it-okay-if-I-can-go-to-the-competition-to-be-in-their-music-video-tomorrow!?" She jolted slightly and her breath was definitely taken away when I let out a string of nonsense with a bright poster shoved in her face.

 





 
 
 

My mom stared back at me with a bewildered expression and didn't gather enough words to describe how confused she was. I inhaled a deep breath before reiterating the unknown fangirling language I just said, "Okay.. Well... What I'm basically asking is... Can I go to this dancing competition tomorrow at the COEX Mall?" My mom pressed her lips in a straight line and she thought about it. I froze with my eyes twinkling in anticipation, hoping that she would say yes.

"Uh... No," she simply muttered, eyeing me with an unreadable expression.

 





 
 

» narrator's pov;

 

 





 
"Eomma! Why not!?" Yoo Ara vociferated, not even noticing that her voice suddenly rose in disappointment. Her feet pushed the floor and she stood up in confusion.  It was natural for a fan girl like Yoo Ara to get upset over this kind of situation; when will Starship Entertainment ever give another chance to feature a fan in their music video? She knew from the beginning that her mom would say no, but she just wishes that this one time, just this once, she could change her mind.






 
 
 
Yoo Ara's mom eyed her, "I told you. You don't even know what day tomorrow is." 
"It's only a Saturday! It's not even that important, why can't I just go out this one time?" Yoo Ara whined, already feeling a lump in . There were tears gathering up in her eyes and she felt hurt, angered, and confused at the same time. Her mother closed her eyes for a few seconds and took a deep breath. Just as Yoo Ara was thinking she would say something back, she didn't. Yoo Ara's mom stood up from her chair and walked to the door. Before leaving the room in silence, she gave her one last meaningful glance before her voice croaked, "No. I really don't want you to go."

 


 




Her mom closed the door without slamming it, but not silently either which startled Yoo Ara. *I thought she would be really mad at me... She usually would be.* Yoo Ara thought, sighing with disappointment. She walked to her window with her shoulders slumped and her head low. The background noises of her parents rushing the kids to go to bed early was heard when she sat down hugging her knees to her chest while looking out at the twinkling stars outside.

 


 




She stared off into space until something shiny caught her eyes. She tilted her head and gazed at the bright white light that was twinkling brightly. There it was. The brightest star of the night. She gasped in suprise and her lips quirked up ever so slightly. Without any second thoughts, she knelt down in front of the window and interlaced her hands together, praying towards the sky with her eyes closed. "I wish my parents would give me enough freedom so I could go to places that I want to," She whispered, souding genuinely desperate.
 


 


 
She opened her eyes slowly and her eyebrows suddenly furrowed in disbelief when she squinted her eyes and scrutinized the sky closely, "Bwoh..? Why is my star moving?" Yoo Ara shrieked: "Mwoh!?" The light that was shining toward her turned to the side and glinted to the left, with winds swooshing away in every direction. The red blinking lights suddenly at the top of the flying machine. And to her suprise, it was a helicopter exploring Seoul from a distance.

 



 

Yoo Ara grabbed her hair in frustration and closed her curtains with rage. She growled and sprawled herself onto her bed with a box of disappointment waiting to be opened in her head. Already drowned in her sadness, she didn't even notice the hidden bright shining star behind that helicopter.
 

 

» yoo ara's pov;






 
After a few minutes of crying my eyes out... Okay... Maybe I'm exaggerating way too much. My eyelids started to feel heavier and heavier. "...Boyfriend... Dance..." I mumbled before I fell into a deep slumber.
 


 

 
In my dream, I was in some sort of fancy studio with a white backdrop behind me that continued to flow down and cover most of the floor. Huge lights dazzled from the ceiling and a giant camera was in front of me, along with several microphones hanging in the air. There were several props behind me   fake painted buildings, a bench, some bushes, and a large pot that was filled with exquisite looking flowers. 

 

 

 

 
There was a strange lady who I'd never seen in my entire life standing in front of me, applying makeup to my face. I actually appeared pleasant and natural, which was odd. The corners of my mouth were tugging upwards like I was  trying to fight back a smile and some excitement.

 

"Okay, sweetie. Just a little bit more powder on your face and you should be ready to go!" the woman exclaimed hurriedly, already slapping some white powder onto my face that created mini clouds. My face scrunched up and I squeezed my eyes shut tight. Did she say a little?

 

 

 

 
At last, the crazy makeup lady fled from me. A woman who I assumed to be a costume designer ran over and brushed some of the escaping makeup off of my dress, and then she scurried off too. My outfit was way nicer than anything that I'd ever owned. Maybe it was because our family didn't have enough money that I could afford something like this. After the costume and makeup lady left, I was alone on the set; everyone else was behind the camera. Someone turned up the lights, causing them to become even brighter and more blinding. I shielded my face with my hand until I became accustomed to it.

 

 

 

 
"All right! Quiet on the set, please. Is everybody ready?!" a deep voice that belonged to a man shouted stressfully.
 
"All good, sir!"
 
"About time! Ready, set...ACTION!!!!!"

 

 

 

Some music automatically started to play. In my head, the only thing I could think of was: WHAT IS GOING ON!?! but how I acted and moved my feet made it look like my mind lied. I sighed, looking down at the backdrop and appearing a little down in spirit. Then, suddenly, some new people entered the set and gave me company. My eyes adjusted to the bright lights and I was resisting an urge to fan girl, but surprisingly, I didn't. IT. WAS. BOYFRIEND!

 

 

 

 
 
They started singing and dancing to a song I'd never heard before   a new song! Their choreography was absolutely flawless like always...It was amazing! Kwangmin was the first to break from the dance and rush over to the flower pot, retrieving the prettiest flowers from it. Then, he actually NOTICED me! He dashed over to me and held the flowers out to me in offering, giving me a warm smile.

 

 

 
 
I took the flowers and actually showed some pretty good aegyo that I never knew I had in me before... Maybe it was the lady's makeup that made me look close to cute. I smiled at him through the flower petals. After that, Kwangmin dashed away, (a/n;   WHY YOU LEAVE!? LOL Sorry I'm ruining the moment xD)
and I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw his other twin, the charismatic prince, Youngmin! He gave me a smile, a cute little wink, and he even touched my face! HOMAIGAH! Why wasn't I fainting?!

 

 

 
Youngmin eventually had to leave me as well, (a/n;   NOOOOO!) but it wasn't long until Minwoo was approaching as the others went back to doing their choreography for their song. He was doing his part of a new rap perfectly, approaching me like he was going to take my hand and lead me away so I could dance with him...I was in the world of this new video, and I could tell that the director was pleased with us...All of my hopes and dreams were coming true...I was acting, but wasn't really acting at all...
 
 
 
 
 

page-divider-105.gif

 

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES;

Hello everybody! I hope you have all been well! I've been working on this update for you guys! How'd you think of it? Oh! I don't think I've ever introduced to you guys my editor and co-author, cmmmoss! She's super dope you know? And just to let you guys know, she helped me by writing Yoo Ara's dream. :D 

P.S. I want you guys to know that Yoo Ara's mom is not "mean." To me, I feel like her character portrays more of a friend than a mother. ^^ I hope you guys can feel that way too! c:

Buy me some bubble tea please~

 

 

 

 

Co-author's Notes; 

Yes, it's Cass (username: cmmmoss), the co-author! I finally came out of the shadows, hahahaha. Normally, I edit and proofread all of the wonderful writing you see in this story, but I got to write Yoo Ara's dream at the end of this chapter! I hope you all enjoy this and thanks so much for supporting my friend Jenny! There's plenty more to come! Don't forget to comment, subscribe, etc. It's great that we have an awesome group of subscribers and viewers here. Keep reading because it's really appreciated! xo

P.S. I have added a shoutout to this story on my Contact Me page on my Tumblr! http://cmmmoss.tumblr.com/contact-me If anyone has a Tumblr & would like to talk to me about this story there, feel free to do it! http://cmmmoss.tumblr.com/ask 

 

Gifs;

 

 

tumblr_mtj6ipFCdy1qetko2o1_500.gif

Look forward to the next update babies c;

 

tumblr_mtcaprUiPC1qcbqflo1_500.gif

I want to be fed by Minwoo!~ 

 

tumblr_mteqddZQdO1si9oj2o1_500.gif

Ugh... These handsome dorks! 

Preview;

 

 
"Omo! ...Pikachu? You came!"
 
I tugged the pillow inside of my blanket so it would still look like I was sleeping.  Sigh. Here goes nothing.
"Sometimes... You can't depend on just the star to grant you the wish and it'll come true. You have to make an effort to make it come true too."
 
Donghyun and the members clapped their hands excitedly with their microphones still in their hands.
"Okay, I know you've all been waiting for the announcement patiently, and here it is: The two winners of the contest are..."