Tragedy Strikes

☆╮Wish Upon a Star

chapter six; 

                  tragedy strikes

 

page-divider-105.gif

 
» 1:00 a.m.:

 

» yoo ara's pov;

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The fists that were swinging by my sides tightened and I felt sweat conjoining with the tears streaming down my face. I ran toward a place that I never wanted to step foot in; ran like my life depended on it. My heart was thumping loudly and I felt my blood boiling hard enough to burst a vein. Je bal... (a / n;   Please)

 


I found myself left alone at the operating room doors, sobbing as I touched my heart that was continuously causing me pain. "Appa... (a / n;   Dad) Eomma... (a / n;   Mom) Wae? (a / n;   Why?)" I broke down as my back slid down the wall, putting me in a squatting position. I buried my face into my hands. 

 

 

 

» narrator's pov;

 

 

The doctors were alarmed once they heard the loud, ongoing beeping noises. "Hand me the defibrillator. The body is not responding," the doctor huffed with beads of sweat clinging to his forehead. His assistant quickly gave him the machine and he charged it up anxiously.

 

He placed it on the patient's chest and it made the first strike. A heartbeat followed with a continuous sound of a long beep. He recharged it and went on with the second strike. A heartbeat. Recharge. Strike three.

 

 

 

 

» yoo ara's pov;

 

 

 

I sat numbly in the hall, still sniffling from the shower of tears that escaped from my eyes. The translucent glass doors suddenly opened and my eyes desperately flickered over to see the doctor and his two assistants who stood close by. I wiped the tear stains from my cheeks and bolted up, standing in front of him.

The doctor pocketed his hands into his white coat and sighed. "Both of your parents were involved in a hit-and-run accident. Your mother's condition is extremely critical and there is a crucial chance of her surviving..." I was shocked and brought my hand close to my stiff lips. As I was waiting for the report on my dad, it seemed as if the doctor had read my mind. He cleared his throat and said: "Jwesonghamnida... (a / n;   I'm so sorry) We tried our best to keep him alive."

 

 

 

 

It felt as if a bullet just hit my body multiple times when I heard those words float out of his mouth. I gulped, trying to get rid of the huge lump that was stuck in my throat. My lips were quivering, my eyebrows were furrowed together, and tears started to fall again.

The doctor walked over to my side, but I quickly reached out with both of my hands to gently grab his wrists that were exposed; unlike his hands that were still hiding in his coat. "Doctor," I murmured in pain. "Please save my mom." "Jebalyo (a / n;   Please) I'm begging you, please save my mom," I continued to cry in between all of my sobs. "Please...Save my mom." I raised my hand to shield my face; to hide all of the tears that streamed down my burning cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

"Jebalyo...(a / n;   Please)" I paused for a sniffle with tears spilling out of my eyes uncontrollably. I took his hand out of his pocket and grasped it tightly. "I promise. I will pay the hospital fees. Just...Please save my mom," I whispered, crying. He nodded his head and comforted me by patting his other hand on mine. "We will try our very best to recover your mom as quickly as possible," he said. "Do not worry."

 

 

 

 

He took a business card from his pocket and handed it to me.

"You can call me every two weeks to check on your mom's condition. But, for now, it's not possible to come see her."

I nodded sadly, trying to swallow back my tears. "Deh...(a / n;   Yes) Kamsamnida. (a / n;   Thank you)" He gave me a reassuring smile and left with his two assistants.

» the next day

 
 
 
» yoo ara's pov;
 
 
 
 
I sat in the visitation room, speechless while holding onto Min Ah. As I patted her back, my other siblings were seated at the side, crying and not understanding what was going on. What was death? Is he going to come back? I was stunned and didn't believe what was happening. Is this real? I reminisced on memories, only snapping out of it when Kyung-Soon squatted down beside me and rubbed my back, whispering softly, "It's going to be okay." 
 

 

 

 
Her parents sat across from me and said their most sincere apologies. "Johgiyo... (a / n;   Excuse me) Eommoni...(a / n;   Mom)" I sputtered, my eyes still glued to my dad's picture on the table. Kyung-Soon's mother lifted her head and gazed at me.
 
"Yes?"
 
"Is it okay...if Kyung-Soon can come with me to the memorial wall after this funeral?" I looked at her with tears swarming around my eyes, making everything in sight blurry. She nodded her head and managed to give me a sympathetic smile. Not long after listening to sentimental words from friends and my Dad's side of the family, they left with sadness that filled up their hearts.
 

 

 

 
Kyung-Soon and I decided to take my dad's picture to the memorial wall with my siblings. They were full of honorable flowers that were around the frames of those who are dead in their remembrance. I stood there with my siblings as they sniffled their congested noses with a lake full of tears running down their eyes. "Appa-ga... (a / n;   My dad..) Is he...not going...to come...back?" Yoo Ri managed to huff in between all of her sniffles. Seung Jo was sick and tired of hearing the same thing repeated over and over.
 

 

 

 
"NO. He's dead. He's never going to come back. Do you hear me?!" he snapped harshly with his voice cracking. Kyung-Soon softly said, "Seung Jo-ah...You don't have to yell. She's too young to understand." He clenched his teeth together and muttered, "Uri Gaja." (a / n;   Let's go) He dragged my siblings to the top of the hill, making them cry even harder than they ever were. Kyung-Soon followed closely behind them and sighed.
 

 

 

 
I stood there in silence as the cold wind blew through the locks of my hair and patted on Min Ah lightly. She was sound asleep.
 
"Appa...(a / n;   Dad) How could you and Mom do this to me?" I sighed heavily, holding back my tears. "You told us that you would be gone for only a couple of hours. Hajiman... (a / n;   But...) Here I am...still waiting...for you to come back." I sobbed heavily, staring at his smiling picture in disappointment.
 
"Ara... (a / n;   I know) I was being full of myself. But don't you think this is too much?"
 

 

 

 
My lips quivered and I wiped the tears away from my cheeks. Once I relearned what walking was, I took small steps in front of me until I found myself in front of Kyung-Soon and my siblings. I sat down beside her and rested my head on her shoulder. "Kyung-Soon-ah...I feel like I'm dying." I cried. My siblings surrounded us and cried along with me. She wrapped her arms around me and patted each one of us while saying comforting words that slid out from one ear to the other. Uri Eottoke... (a / n;   What are we going to do...)
 

 

 

 
Ater a few hours of comforting us, Kyung-Soon recieved a phone call from her parents asking her to come home because it was already getting late.
 
"Mian... (a / n;   I'm sorry) I have to leave now," she stammered. All of us were done crying and we were ready to go home, too. A soft smile curled up her lips as she tried to hide the sadness that she had. "Gomawo..." (a / n;   Thanks) we all said in unison. She nodded before turning her back around and walking away into another direction. I gathered my siblings as we walked over to the opposite side of the street. We reached only a few meters away from our house, but heard clanging noises disturbing the silence that was always there.
 

 

 

 
I jumped in alarm and we ran toward the building with men throwing everything inside of our house outside. "Ahjussi! (a / n;   Mister) Jigeum mwohayo (a / n;   What are you doing)?" Eun Jo asked frightfully, watching men continue to unload all of our things. "We're the owners of this house! What are you doing?" My voice raised and I cringed at the sight. "Owner of the house?" he questioned, confused. "The landlord wants to tear this place down." Then, he pulled out a piece of paper that had been in his pocket. He huffed a big sigh and his warm breath turned into a cold puff of cloud.
 
 
 
An idea struck Yoo Ri's head as she blurted with a smile across her face, "We should ask Eomma (a / n;   Mom) to get the place back." Seung Jo and I gulped with fear. Appa... (a/n; Dad) Are you trying to test me? You're being a little too ridiculous right now.
 

page-divider-105.gif

 

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES;

Man... What a depressing chapter... Did you guys cry too? Or is it just me? Haha. I know it seems a little bit boring right now but please look forward to the next chapters! They will be better! I hope you had a wonderful and safe Christmas and New Years! See you soon! xoxo

-Jenny

 

 

 

CO-AUTHOR'S NOTES; 

GRAB THE TISSUES AND ICE CREAM!!!! But it's okay. Hopefully, the y gifs and pictures of Boyfriend below will uplift your soul.
In all seriousness, hope you guys enjoy this (regardless of the sadness)! As Walt Disney said: "For every laugh, there should be a tear."
 
-Cass
 
 
 
GIFS;
 
 
Honestly, I've been thinking of updating more as my New Years Resolution.
IMG]
tumblr_mywz9aXtyn1m15o1_400.gif
tumblr_inline_myp7hiKHKe1sw7874.gif
 
 
 
DID YOU GUYS HEAR!? BOYFRIEND IS MAKING A COMEBACK ON FEBRUARY 10!!
tumblr_inline_mz1c8aNRBH1sw7874.gif
tumblr_inline_mz1c966jMF1sw7874.gif
 
 
I'm sorry I'm always late on these updates :c Please forgive me?
tumblr_inline_mz1bzx0zU01sw7874.gif
 
 
Anyways, I'll always love my subscribers and readers out there! Mwah!~
tumblr_mvr0frCUd41rmoi96o2_500.gif
tumblr_mz0lmi3lj31sn4o7jo1_500.jpg