Reality Hits

☆╮Wish Upon a Star

chapter one; 

                 reality hits

 

page-divider-105.gif

 
» 4:30 p.m.:
 
» Yoo Ara's pov; 
 
 
 
 
 
I joyfully smelled the lucious aroma of flowers around me in the beautiful garden. "Waaah... It smells so nice!" I exhaled in pure relaxation. "Yoo Ara!" someone squealed happily, attempting to catch my attention. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Kwangmin dressed in a comfortable looking suit racing to me with a bouquet of flowers gripped tightly in his hand. 
 
 
 
 
I smiled cheerfully as if I was expecting his appearance. He pushed his legs to keep moving and suddenly stopped in front of me, holding the pretty roses upwards. "Yoo Ara... Nado Sara--" (a/n;  I love--) he managed to say in between his pants before he was interrupted. "CHAMKKANMAN!" another voice ranted loudly. (a/n;   WAIT!) Kwangmin and I turned to the direction of the loud but familiar voice. Minwoo was right behind Kwangmin wearing a formal tux with another bouquet of white flowers. 
 
 
 
 
I gasped in suprise and Minwoo stomped angrily toward us. He pushed Kwangmin to the side roughly and vented boastfully, "Yoo Ara, I love you even more than he does!" He pushed the stunning flowers in front of my chest rapidly as if his life depended on it, making some of the petals descend to the ground. Whoa... What... is happening...
 
 
 
 
I chuckled nervously not knowing what to do, "Ah... I think--" Minwoo held a finger to my lips, "Shh. You don't have to say anything, I know that--" "HAJIMA!! YOO ARA!" (a/n;   STOP!!)  Chinjja... (a/n;   For real...) Is my whole bias list going to appear and give me roses? I mean, I know I'm attractive, but ain't nobody got time for this. The voice was heard behind me, and all of our attention was turned to no other but Jo Youngmin. 
 
 
 
 
He had yet another bouquet of purple lilies and marched to our direction, hugging me tightly from behind. "Yoo Ara, Saranghae!" (a/n;   I love you!) Kwangmin and Minwoo pushed him aside and they all started shouting at each other.
"I was here first!"
"My flowers are prettier than yours!"
"She loves me more than you guys!"
They suddenly turned to me with anxiety in their eyes and hollered, "Yoo Ara!"
 
 
 
 
» End of dream
 
 
(a/n;   Mwahaha, you know I was just trolling with you guys c;)
 
 
 
 
"Yoo Ara!" My teacher exclaimed in her booming and earsplitting voice. My head was laid down on my desk comfortably and it took me a few seconds to finally realize I was sleeping in class. Again. I stood up from my chair abruptly and she gave me one of her intimate death glare that can stab through your soul. "Jwesonghamnida..." I apologized with a guilty look plastered onto my face. (a/n;   Sorry) I don't think that taking care of your 5 siblings should be a punishment... I only got 4 hours of sleep last night...
 
 
 
 
She scoffed dramatically while all of my classmates giggled obnoxiously. This wasn't the first time that it happened to me, and it probably won't be the last either. Miss Park looked down at the empty desk in front of me and raised an eyebrow. "You forgot your book again, didn't you?" I nodded guiltily and I lowered my head. "Yeh..." (a/n;   Yes...) Before she can scold me like she does every other day, I went ahead and fast-forwarded it, sighing flatly and saying, "I'll step outside."
 
 
 
 
You know the walk of shame when you throw a paper ball into the trash and don't make it? Well multiply that times 50 and you get my walk. I stepped outside of the chattering classroom and stood closely by the door. A few minutes passed and I remembered the dream that I just had when I took a nap in her class.
 
 
 
 
A slight shade of pink colored my cheeks. Aigo! I can't believe I had a dream about them! It was too good to be true. This had to be my best dream yet. The feeling of happiness that once spread from my head to my toes slowly died. Aish... (a/n;   Crap...) I wonder what punishment she's planning for me this time... In the past, I had to wash the tables in the cafeteria, clean the chalkboard erasers, write more than a million words on the chalkboard... What else do you have in mind?
 
 
 
 
I looked at the ground and kicked my foot back and forth with boredom. Then, out of the blue, my best friend Kyung Soon appeared around the corner from the lobby with a hall pass in one hand and a cup of coffee in another. I swear she's the goody two shoes that every teacher wants to have as their student. And for me? I'm the troublemaker that every parent warns their kids about. 
 
 
 
 
 
I watched as she sipped her cup of coffee and scanned the hallway until her eyes fell on me. "Ah! Yoo Ara!" she exclaimed, walking to me in a hurried pace. She paused and stopped when she reached a few feet in front of me. "Tsk, tsk. Don't tell me that you forgot your book... Again?" A smirk crept on my lips, amazed. "Daebak... You know me so well!" (a/n;   Wow/Awesome) She shook her head disapprovingly and gulped down more of her coffee. "Well, I've got to stop by Miss Lee's room to make her some copies of the test, so I'll see you later!" She walked down the hallway with determination and stepped inside the work room.
 
 
 
 
After a few minutes of standing alone, the boisterous school bell rang signaling the end of the day. Yes! Finally! I can go home now and maybe get some rest! ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ Everyone scattered out of their classes promptly with enthusiasm almost as if they were waiting for this day to end when they stepped a foot inside this prison school. 
 
 
 
Miss Park's door opened and all of the students were dismissed from class. Okay, if I'm fast enough, then I might be able to escape from having to do more punishments. I was ready to take off and run to the heavenly exit door, but someone grabbed the back of my uniform collar and caused me to run in place with my arms in front of me spread wide open; urging to push on to the entrance.
 
 
 
Man, I was so close. "Eoddikasayo?" Miss Park asked me with curiosity, dragging me back into the classroom. (a/n;   Where are you going?) My lips formed into a pout and I sighed hopelessly. "You're not leaving this room until you scrape all of the gum out from under every desk in this room," she informed irritably, crossing her arms in front of her chest. I nodded loyally and exhaled a deep sigh. "...Yeh," (a/n;   Yes...) So, you might be wondering. Why whould I listen to this lady? Why can't I just run away and regret my decision sometime later? Well, she is the scariest teacher that ever set foot into this Earth. I even remember a friend telling me that the last time someone REALLY pissed her off... we never saw him again.
 
 
 
 
I knelt down and looked at the burst of various colors stuck to the bottoms of each of the desks. Yuck! Why are you doing this to meeeee... I'd rather be offered as a sacrifice to a Volcano God instead of doing this... (*≧m≦*) Miss Park dropped an empty blue bucket next to me, saying quickly while tossing her key at me, "Remember to lock my door when you're done. I want you to give me my keys tomorrow." 
 
 
 
 
I caught it, placing it into my uniform pocket and nodded queasily, saying, "Yeh... Cheongmal jwesonghamnida." (a/n;   Yes... I'm really sorry.) She left the room and I was left with nothing but a bucket. Eottokaji?! (a/n;   What am I supposed to do?!) How am I supposed to clean everything off with just a bucket? I looked around the room and decided to take a pencil off of her desk. "The faster I do this, the quicker I'll be able to get home." I hissed under my breath, squatting down and scrubbing the gum off frenetically.
 
 
 

I continued to scrape and scrub continuously for 30 minutes. I stopped and groaned in exhaustion, sitting back and supporting my body with my arms placed behind me. The sun was about to set and I almost collapsed on the floor. "Aish... How much gum can people chew?" I mumbled to myself, wiping the sweat away from my forehead. My arms felt like ratchet toothpicks that could break off on their own in any second. As I scraped each piece of gum into the bucket, I could hear faint cries of... fangirls? I think I've gone crazy... This isn't a dream... Is it? 

 

 

I tilted my head to the right, confused. I heard running footsteps closer to my school and the uproarious screams increased in volume. "Ah!! Nado Saranghae!! Oppa!!!" (a/n;   I love you, oppa!) Okay... I am definitely not hearing things. I stood up and walked a few steps to look out the window, but a scrawny and tall-looking guy rolled from the window sill and fell to the classroom floor, making me stop in my current position. "Omo!" I gasped in surprise, pulling my hands up to cover my lips. (a/n;   Oh my gosh!) I couldn't really tell who this person was. He was wearing a casual white V-neck shirt with skinny jeans, and he was holding onto colorful flyers in his hands. His face was planted flat on the ground and he was groaning in pain: "Aigoo...."  (a/n;   Geez...) I stared wide eyed and extended my leg to poke him softly.

 

 

He jerked from my sudden touch and still remained in his position. "Y-Yah..." I stammered uncomfortably, continuing to poke him in the stomach with my foot. "Eottoke??" I grunted. (a/n;   H-Hey...) I stopped playing around and sat next to him shaking his body gently. "...G-Gwenchanayo?" (a/n;   Are you okay?) 

"I think he went that way! Yeah! He turned this way!" The group of fangirls announced tensely, speeding off into another direction. I pulled a strand of hair behind my ear and flipped him over. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped. 

 

"K-K-Kwangmin!?" 

page-divider-105.gif

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES;

So how was the first chapter everyone? I hope I didn't disappoint you too much... xD I promise it'll get more interesting in the future! hehe Please be patient with me ^-^ Kamsamnida! 

 

 

Gifs;

Uh... What did I just read...?

tumblr_lf2yaxwYPo1qd1cxe.gif

tumblr_inline_mkn6ubFYpa1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_inline_mnsc4w4xrx1qz4rgp.gif