In paris with you

Needed Vacation.3

Pulling out his phone Suho opened his camera and pulled Lay next to him, holding the snails they were about to eat  in view of the shot Lay scrunched his face in mock disgust while Suho stuck out his tongue and snapped the picture.

“Ok, you first.” Shaking his head Lay pushed one of the snails he was holding towards the older boy.

“No you, it was your idea to order them.” Staring down at the thing Suho grudgingly took it from Lay and swallowed back his unease.

“Can’t be too different from oysters right?” the meat put of the shell Suho tried to ignore the fact he was eating a snail and chewed slowly. Putting all pre-assumptions aside the boy frowned in concentration, not knowing how to describe the new taste.

“Not bad.” Still looking, and feeling, sceptical Lay quickly are his own snail. Unlike the older boy Lay was unable to forget the fact he was chewing on a snail, a slimy, juicy, sticky snail. Gagging a little Lay forced himself to swallow the meat before looking back at Suho, pouting sulkily as the older snapped a picture of his disgruntled expression, and simply shook his head. Rolling his eyes playfully Suho leant into the younger boy and spoke, his tone mocking.

“Honestly, so uncultured.” Pushing the small plate of snails away from himself Lay picked at the salad he’d ordered as a backup, happily chewing the fresh vegetables while Suho finished off the snails.

Leaving their payment and, what they could only assume was a decent tip, on the table the boys stepped out onto the warm streets of Paris and strolled side by side.

“So no snails?”

“No snails.” Easily confirming the question Lay tucked his hands in his pockets and looked around at the various buildings, stealing the occasional glance at Suho without the older boy noticing as he did. Letting the silence fall over them the boys both sank into their own thoughts, almost completely ignorant of what the other was feeling.

 

Suho

He’s happy. I’m sure he’s happy, it’s been a good, stress revealing day. I made the right choice, didn’t I? Oh God, what if he hates it here. I should say something, ask him if he’s ok. He’s probably still thinking about Luhan I shouldn’t interrupt.

Looking out the corner of his eye Suho could see Lay meandering along beside him, seemingly lost in thought himself.

Pull yourself together Suho, you are a supportive friend. A supportive friend that spent days agonising over the perfect place to bring Lay that would help him forget all the Luhan drama and spent more money than he wanted to admit on a private chalet in Paris, and nothing more. Stop thinking. He looks cute when he’s thinking. Dammit Suho stop. It doesn’t matter. You’ve dealt with him being cute for years you can deal with it now. He’s never been cute and single before now. Platonic holiday Suho. Supporting friend. Don’t ruin this.

 

Lay

I don’t think I’ve ever been somewhere so effortlessly beautiful. It’s perfect here. Maybe if I ask nicely enough we can just stay here forever.

There was something strangely alluring about the idea of living with Suho forever, in their own little French cottage. Waking up every morning and taking a walk around the calmer parts of Paris that only the locals really went before a light breakfast of pancakes of waffles or sweet fruits.

Did I just fantasise about a life with Suho? Well he does look adorable when he wakes up, all groggy and spaced out. There’s no harm in fantasising.

I don’t want to go back. Not in three days, not ever. I can’t go back and see Luhan with Sehun. If I could stay here with Suho I could be happy. We could have a relaxed, carefree life together. But no. we have to go back to Korea where all the drama and heartache will be waiting to punch me in the face.

Sighing Lay snuck another look at Suho, admiring the concentration on his face, slipping his hand out of his pocket Lay linked his arm through Suho’s and continued walking in silence. If the option of being with Suho in Paris forever was there, he’d take that deal in an instant.

 

A/N - For anyone that doesn't know the chapter title is a reference to a poem by James Fenton.

It really matches how Lay is feeling right now so if you have the time to check it out you deffinately should ^_^