Tenderness

The Wolves: Untamed

Ga Eun woke up with a start and jumped out of bed, grabbing her ringing phone. She looked around the room before answering, her nose wrinkled in confusion.

"Hello?" 

"Ga Eun!" D.O yelled through the phone. "We miss you!"

"You guys left already?" Ga Eun ran out of her room and towards the kitchen. "Without telling me?"

"Yeah, the boys wanted to head out early." 

"Oh okay. Well I hope you have fun."

"We will. I made food for you before I left. Suho made sure to leave your bike out so you can get to school. Don't forget to eat and to study." D.O rambled on. "I think that's it."

"Yeah, don't worry." She chuckled. "I'll be fine."

"Yah! Hurry up! I see some animals!" Someone yelled in the background.

"We have to go! I'll call back later!" 

Ga Eun hung up the phone and got ready for school. She stared at her face and decided to put on makeup, fully knowing that this would be her only chance. After much debate, she curled her hair and watched as it fell into loose waves.

"Omo." She gasped as she walked into the kitchen.

D.O had left the entire table full of food. Huge piles of meat, soups and side dished stood waiting for her to eat. Ga Eun managed to eat and put the leftover food in containers before heading outside.

"Long time no see." 

She stared at her old bike and smiled as she remembered her life before EXO-K. The late summer breeze hit her face as made her way to school. Her eyes landed on Luhan as he walked through the gate, a wide smile on his face.

"Luhan!" 

He turned to look at her and ran towards Ga Eun. Without hesitating, he picked her up and twirled her around before setting her on the ground. He reached out and brushed back her hair, butterflies in his stomach.

"Guess what?" She whispered as if she was telling a big secret. "Guess what happened?"

"What?" Luhan's smile grew wider. "What is it?"

"They went away for a week."

"Who did?" 

"All of them." She felt her cheeks grow red. "They left me alone."

"Really?" His eyes grew wide. "So now you're free for me?"

"For you?"

"Yeah." Luhan chuckled. "And the best part is that you won't get hurt."

"Isn't this great?" Ga Eun blinked. "I can do whatever I want for a week."

"Yeah, we can see each other now."

"See each other?" 

"Of course."

Luhan pulled Ga Eun closer and kissed her gently on the lips, his breath sweet against hers. She grabbed his hand and twined her fingers with his, pulling him closer. She could feel her skin crawl as he pulled away, resting his forehead on hers.

"Do you mean it?" Ga Eun looked into his eyes. "Is this real?"

"Yeah, I do." Luhan whispered back. "I mean it."

"Do you like me?" 

"Since the first moment I touched your hand." 

"At the library?" She smiled.

"No." Luhan shook his head. "Since I first saw you in the bookstore."

Ga Eun closed her eyes as she pictured the first time she saw him, when she reached out to grab the book. The way his eyes had locked on hers, so soft yet so sad. She looked at Luhan as he caressed her face softly with his fingers.

"Do you like me?" Luhan asked.

She stared at his face, the soft and pale skin, the structured jawline, the perfect nose and plump pink lips. She stared at his eyes, the chocolate orbs staring back at her, into her soul. Ga Eun reached out and touched his face, feeling the way her body seemed to be in shock, the nerves beneath her skin on fire.

"I think so." She softly said. "I know so."

"I never thought that another person could make the nerves beneath my skin dance." He whispered. "It was like I had slept my life away and now, suddenly, I was waking up." 

"How did this happen?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"Why do I feel this way?" Ga Eun asked. "Why does it feel so perfect being with you?", She placed her head on his chest. "Unlike with them I didn't need to try so hard. I didn't need to force myself."

"Because we're made for each other." Luhan wrapped his arms around her. "Because we were always meant to be together."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah. When you were away at the soccer field, I was reading a book about the Greek Gods." 

"And?" 

"There was one about a human who went down to hell to bring back his wife. I never understood it, I always thought it was stupid but when I pictured your face, I knew what he was feeling." Luhan answered. "It all made sense then."

"And? What does that have to do with anything?" Ga Eun chuckled.

"I would have done the same if it was you." 

"So soon?" She murmured. "You already feel this way?"

"Yes." Luhan nodded. "And you do too but you're too scared to accept it."

"I am. I am scared." 

"Why?" 

"What if they find out?" Ga Eun looked up at him. "What will they do to you?"

"That doesn't matter." Luhan felt his eyes darken. "What will they do to you?"

"They won't hurt me." She lied. "They'll only go for you," Ga Eun took a deep breath, "I should tell them. I shouldn't have to hide."

"That won't work." Luhan shook his head. "But if they do something to you, you need to tell me."

"Alright. I promise." 

Luhan grabbed her hand and pulled her into the building, his grasp on her tight yet not demanding. They spent the day together, ignoring everyone else. The school day ended and Luhan walked Ga Eun out, watching as she grabbed her bike.

"I'll come early tomorrow." She smiled.

"Do you want to come to my house?" Luhan blurted out, going red.

"Your house?" 

"Yeah, you don't have to if you don't want to." 

"No! I'll go." Ga Eun noticed Luhan's expression. "I don't have anything to do anyways."

"Really!?" Luhan asked, jumping up and down.

"Yeah, I can go." 

Luhan grabbed her hand and pulled her away, locking her bike back on the rail. He began to walk out of the gates, and waved at a black car that came to them.

"Get in." He sounded excited. 

"Okay." 

Ga Eun watched as Luhan slid in after her, holding her hand as he stared at the front. She noticed two people staring at her, their eyes wide and confused. She quickly bowed and smiled, feeling her heart race.

"Hello, I'm Lee Ga Eun." 

"Luhan, you had a girlfriend!?" One of them said, his cheeks growing even more wider.

"Yeah! Why!?" Luhan snapped.

"Ignore him." The other said.

"Oh! You're the one from the bookstore!" Ga Eun pointed. "I remember you."

"Yeah, sorry for not introducing myself. I'm Kris." He smiled.

"I'm Xiumin." The other smiled. "Kim Minseok to be exact."

"Yes, hello." She bowed. 

"So you're staying over?" Kris asked, beginning to drive.

"I don't think so. Luhan wants me to just visit." 

"You should stay over." Luhan blurted out, "Well you don't have to but you're going to be all alone and you might get bored, " Luhan avoided her smirk. "And I think they made some food."

"I-I-I..." You began, wide eyed

"You should. Well, you'll probably end up staying." Kris laughed. 

"Why?" Ga Eun asked, confused.

"Oh, you'll see soon enough."