Tears

Give Love A Chance

"Cute or cut?" Sunny asked looking through her yearbook from last year.

Taesung looked at the picture she was talking about, it was of Kim Jongin. He knew how much his best friend liked this guy, he would love to . Taesung eyed Sunny then looked over at his friend Kyungsoo.

"Cut Jongin"

Kyungsoo's eyes widened wider than they normally do "What!?"

Kyungsoo stopped Sunny from cutting Jongin's picture, she giggled and flipped to the next page. She let out a short shriek and threw the yearbook in front of her, she pointed at a certain picture.

"Look at me!" Sunny said, the two boys looked to where she was pointing. It was called "Most Changed Since Middle School" and below it was Sunny when she was thirteen, her dark brown hair was in a loose ponytail and she had a piece of watermelon in her hand; to the right of the picture was her now; she had short blonde hair and was giving the camera a friendly smile.

"You look fine" Kyungsoo replied.

"I know, but look how fat I was back then!" she groaned and sighed "I can't look at this anymore." she closed the yearbook and turned away from it. She rose from her bed and turned to her friends "Want something to eat?"

Taesung and Kyungsoo looked at each other then back Sunny, they nodded and watched her walk out to get something from the kitchen. Taesung opened the yearbook to a random page.

"Why does this keep happening?" Taesung asked.

"What?"

Taesung showed Kyungsoo the page he opened up to "I always open to this page and look who shows up" he turned the yearbook to Kyungsoo.

The man he was pointing to was none other than Kim Jonghyun, his black hair was hidden underneath a beanie. Jonghyun never wore hats unless it was time for school pictures, he thought of it has a tradition. His entire family wore hats for any pictures taken, but any other day he would make sure his hair looked perfect; he usually took an hour in the bathroom, maybe even longer if he had the time.

It worked out well for him though, he was currently dating the head cheerleader Suzy. He started dating her last year after she went out of her way to ask him out, they have been dating ever since. 

Suzy wasn't like all the cheerleaders in the movies, she was down to earth and a really sweet girl. She tried hard to become a cheerleader in her freshman year, she made it after working hard and eventually rose to the top, despite her social status in the school, she never went to parties or did whatever popular cheerleaders do. Her parents were co-owners of a modeling company, Suzy wanted to try modeling but it wasn't what she expected. Taesung hated to admit that he didn't hate her for stealing his man, she was nice and Jonghyun was happy; this made him happy.

Jonghyun was the captain of the soccer team and a very good singer; he had his times of being a slight jerk to people that were below him. He wasn't a bully though, he was raised well enough to have some respect for other people. His father was the owner of a clothing brand that was doing very well and his mother was a former model, he didn't have to worry about finding a job due to his father's job.

The two weren't complete opposites, they were both popular and had wealthy family. Suzy met Jonghyun's parents and Jonghyun met Suzy's parents, it wouldn't be long when they get married. Taesung knew his chances of being with Jonghyun was slim, but he could always dream.

Kyungsoo nodded "I like the hat"

Taesung chuckled and looked at the picture "I have the same hat, he actually-" he stopped and let out a short squeal, the memory will always be in his heart.

Taesung was sitting at his desk, a simple black fedora covering his messy hair he didn't feel like combing. He was waiting for his crush to walk in with the hat he always wore on picture day, his anticipation would eat him alive if Jonghyun didn't show up soon.

"I can't believe-" a familiar voice said, Taesung perked up and looked towards the door. A smile on his face when he saw Jonghyun walking into the classroom, his right hand was intertwined with his girlfriend's. Taesung quickly looked down and pretended to not pay attention, he was actually eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Do you really need to wear a hat for every picture, babe?" Suzy asked.

"Baby, it's tradition" Jonghyun answered.

Taesung touched his fedora on his head, a thought occurred. Jonghyun seemed to have the same thought, he walked over to the kid sitting at his desk and tapped his shoulder.

Taesung tensed up and took a deep breath, he turned around and pretended to not be interested in this hunk "Yes?"

Jonghyun pointed at Taesung's hat "Mind if I borrow your hat for a minute, I promise I will give it back"

Taesung couldn't say no even if he wanted to, he nodded, took off is fedora and handed it to Jonghyun. Jonghyun grabbed it, ruffled Taesung's hair and thanked him.

"I'll be right back, I promise" he then ran out leaving Suzy and Taesung alone.

Suzy sat down on the seat next to Taesung "I'm sorry if he disturbed you, he is always like that" Suzy said with her eyes smile.

Taesung shook his head "It's ok, I don't mind" he wanted to add that he admired Jonghyun but that might sound weird coming out. The two waited for Jonghyun to return, Taesung never recieved his fedora though.

"I still don't know what happened to that hat" Taesung said before sighing.

Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders "Did you ever talk Jonghyun after that?" 

Taesung shook his head "He either avoided me or I avoided him"

"Maybe he lost it and feels sorry, he probably is to scared of what you might say"

Taesung suddenly felt guilty, it happened a long time ago but it finally hit how guilty Jonghyun might have been. For all the two could know Jonghyun probably didn't feel any guilt and didn't really care.

"I wouldn't be mad since I have so many hats, maybe I should talk to him-" he realized what he just said "I can't talk to him though, I'll probably freeze"

"You talked to him fine during that time, how do you know if you don't try?" Kyungsoo added.

Taesung shrugged his shoulders "I guess I will never know"

"Want me to ask?" Kyungsoo asked.

Taesung shook his head "Don't bother him about it"

"Alright then"

"So I brought some cookies and milk for dipping, ah, just like the old days." Sunny said while walking into her bedroom, she set the tray on a small table she kept in her room and moved it closer towards her bed. "Dig in"

The three shared a delicious meal then Kyungsoo and Taesung returned home and immediately went to bed, they had an exciting day tomorrow; it was the school pep rally.

The next day went as normal, then it was time for the pep rally. Sunny, Taesung and Kyungsoo took their seats on the bleachers and waited for the show. Taesung was the most excited because he was only a row in front of Jonghyun and their was no Suzy with him, Suzy usually did a cheerleading routine with her teammates for the pep rally.

Kyungsoo could see Jongin talking with his sister on the other side of the gym, he was making her laugh. His heart hurt a little. Sunny nudged his shoulder and asked if he was ok, he nodded and kept watching the two.

The pep rally started and the cheerleaders were the first to perform, Taesung watched Jonghyun the entire time. Jonghyun was watching the show but it didn't seem that he was focused in on the performance as everyone else was, Taesung knew something was up.

Kyungsoo never took his eyes off Jongin flirt with his sister, he thought that he was doing this to make himself cry. What really pushed him over the verge of crying was that Subin placed her hand near Jongin's crotch, Sunny looked at her friend and looked to where he was looking.

She put an arm around Kyungsoo and held him close "Just try to look away"

Taesung could sense Kyungsoo's sadness beside him and looked over "Are you alright?" he placed his right arm around Kyungsoo's waist to comfort him.

Kyungsoo looked away from the two and gripped his jeans tightly, he was desperately trying to hold back the tears. Taesung left his school handkerchief in his backpack, which was in his locker, he groaned and did what he had to do.

He leaned forward What the hell am I doing!? he thought as he tapped Jonghyun's shoulder. Taesung could tell Jonghyun tensed up but he turned around anyway.

"What?" Jonghyun asked, he was shocked to see Kyungsoo in tears.

"Can I borrow your handkerchief, I promise I'll give it right back at the end of the pep rally" Taesung held out his hand.

The two realized this was just like what happened years ago, but Jonghyun still gave Taesung his handkerchief then turned his head back to the performance.

Taesung dabbed Kyungsoo's face to get rid of the tears, Kyungsoo took the handkerchief from Taesung and started wiping his face with it.

Taesung looked past Kyungsoo to Sunny, she pointed towards Jongin and Subin. Taesung looked to where Sunny was pointing to see Jongin and Subin flirting with each other, Subin hand was higher up Jongin's thigh then before.

"Why me?" was all Kyungsoo said during the entire pep rally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the hiatus...just got back from vacation and it's raining here....I love the rain. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for taking your time to read! Don't be afraid to comment if you enjoyed, also friend me if you want! Also hit that upvote button, it would help me get my story more known...thank you!

1) Bias in EXO?