Baby Don't Cry

A Beauty and a Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*to soften your hearts: Baby Don't Cry

            In that dark and gradually colder space Soonkyu felt herself in, the loneliness her hard bringing the stinging sensation to her eyes. She tried to move the arm she couldn’t even see because of her lying position but it didn’t respond her commands. Frightened the girl gasped loudly, her breathing heavier than ever, almost crashing her lungs from how fast she was breathing.

Soft piano notes took flight all around her mind and she couldn’t shake it off for as much as she wanted. Not being able to move – not even the corner of her lips – Soonkyu chose to stay quiet and still, listening how the soft piano melody turned into something more complicated than a couple of repetition of the initial pattern.

It was a song so sweetly filled with sorrow it made her eyes burn again. Even in its first note Soonkyu could feel the ending coming – it was a story of a love in its beginning that screamed already that it was over. Knowing she couldn’t clean the tears she let them run free, still listening to the music since it was the only thing she could do.

With no scratching, no drumming of fingers not even humming the song Soonkyu kept herself there only letting the music settle inside her leaving the resolution of being alone behind and giving herself to the music’s sweet sorrow.

The only hope filling her heart was the tiny orange light she could see above her, very far away. She hoped that wasn’t the Heaven’s gate.

 

 

            Soo Man was working on her heart trying to make it beat in a steadier time and once he accomplish that he turned her, working now on her back cleansing the wound and patching it up neatly.

Suho was by his side patting her bangs softly. He smiled sorrowful but still hopeful she would open her eyes.

            As he recalled what had happened he flinch. He had never seen her so pale even though she was burning with a fever and shivering like she was cold.

Naturally being so hot would make everything surrounding you feel much colder.

            He had never seen her so still. Aside from the slight shiver Soonkyu resembled a dead body if not for her high temperature.

Even though he was confident she would be fine he couldn’t ease his heart for more than one minute or so – it would always tightened again and again just by looking at her.

            “Son, you better go check on Chanyeol. The other kids said after you brought her here he disappear. Even though he is in wolf form he doesn’t respond to any of them.” Suho sighed sadly.

Chanyeol took it pretty hard because he had been the reason why Soonkyu was lying there, dying. Even though Suho said he didn’t blame him a bit, even when the EXO boys also reassured him that Suho was right Chanyeol just ran crying.

            “He’s even resisting the leader’s orders. Kris is feeling quite helpless.” With a tired sigh Suho got down planting a chaste kiss on Soonkyu’s forehead and left already sniffing the air catching Chanyeol’s scent.

He was with the pack already.

            As soon as he saw Suho coming the younger boy got up and so did the EXO boys soon after. Chanyeol’s eyes were reddish and tiny full of guilt.

“Ya, did you ran away so you could cry?” Suho asked with a croaked yet sad smile. Chanyeol sniffed a bit crossing his arms on his chest looking down. He didn’t want jokes right now, he wanted his noona up on her feet and smiling like she always would.

“How is she?” Lay asked. It seemed like no one was able to ask him. Suho sat down on the grass gesturing them to do the same. “Is it that serious?”

“Father doesn’t know yet. He treated her wound and managed to stabilize her heart beat but her fever is too high. Humans feel like burning up inside with just one number or two far from their natural temperature and she is far from that too, so we don’t know if she’ll live…” He whispered the last words but everyone heard.

Chanyeol got up ready to run again but Suho stopped by grabbing his wrist tightly.

            “You’re not going anywhere Chanyeol. We need you here, Soonkyu needs you here.”

            “Why would she need the person that caused her to be like that here? I would’ve hated myself too, she can freely do it.” Suho also heard something like ‘I also hate myself’ and slapped the boy on the cheek.

            “Listen kid, I’m only telling you this once – I don’t blame you and nor does she; Soonkyu saved you because to her you are like a little dongsaeng.” Suho turned and walked back to where the group was watching them closely. “To her we are family already.”

            “That’s why she was protecting you dear.” Upon hearing this voice all of them raised standing in front of the house protectively. Her voice came first and only then her magnificent figure came from the forest, looking at the moon. A little shadow was covering its side already causing Wol Kwang to sigh.

            “What is that brazen wench doing here?” Sehun spat as Xiumin and Tao growl inwardly agreeing with his words.

            “I need to talk to your second in command.” Wol Kwang spat wanting to rip Sehun’s tongue out. Sehun felt it and wanted to jump at her neck too but Luhan didn’t let him, keeping him away from her. Baekhyun and D.O placed themselves in front of Chanyeol who was already trembling hard. Chen rested his hand softly on his shoulder, squeezing it.

Lay, Kai and Kris were at the ends watching attentively at the wench ready if she tried anything.

            “I have nothing to say to you.” Suho who was behind the wall the wolves had created turned around and walked to his house, ready to forget that Wol Kwang ever existed.

            “She’ll die if she stays here Suho.” That was enough to make him stop. The wolves growled as if they doubted their words but Suho knew her too well.

He turned still not very conscious of she said. The goddess looked up again and then at them.

            “She told me once ‘one can protect love with effort but no one can make love with effort’.” Her voice was neat and soft, plain. “My question is – what are you going to do? Do you want to protect her or not?”

***

            Two days passed since the encounter with Wol Kwang. As if fate – or perhaps witchcraft from the wench outside – once Suho stepped inside the house the same night the goddess had show up he found Soonkyu’s eyes open as she looked at his orange like ceiling, twinkling a few times as if getting used to it.

            “Soonkyu…” Her head turned slowly at him scaring him. At first there was no light whatsoever behind her eyes. Suho felt like he had a corpse looking at him but then suddenly she seemed to recognize him and smiled slightly, letting tears slip down. He rushed to her kneeling beside his low bed getting himself close to her. Suho held her hand leaning in, resting his forehead over hot hand.

She wasn’t that hot anymore – still very hot but not burning.

            “Baby, don’t cry, please.” He cleaned one of her tears as she coughed loudly. Her lip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter