Powers of a Goddess

A Beauty and a Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            The night came by rather quickly taking away some of the magic of the day. It’s not that Neverland isn’t as magical by night as by day – I can dare to say its magic is even stronger by night with all the little lights floating around them in the air, the soft, twinkling grass and the melody of the calm window – however it’s more dangerous by night. No, I’m not mentioning the existence of monsters in Neverland – there’s no such thing; the scarier creatures would be the wolves and those were almost like enormous puffy balls of cotton-candy running around; they would never hurt anyone.

So what makes Neverland so scary by night? There’s only one person who could but she wasn’t in Neverland at the moment – Wol Kwang, the goddess of the night.

            After turning the whole village of humans into wolves God made an agreement with Wol Kwang – she would have to leave that land for seven days, each month. God sword there was no reason to it other than punishing her for her rash actions and she agreed to it rather easily. What would be seven days when she had the whole entire month?

So at the end of the moon’s cycle, whenever the moon went dark Wol Kwang was forced to leave Neverland.

            This was why Soonkyu never got to meet Wol Kwang because when she got to Neverland Wol Kwang was leaving already. The timing was perfect and if not for Sunny Suho was planning on sending Soonkyu home before Wol Kwang was back so she didn’t have to suffer in Wol Kwang’s hand. 

However, now that his whole plan was washed down the drain Suho had no choice but to tell her everything. But how, was the question.

He didn’t want to fright her in any way if possible even though his conscious told him she was stronger than she looked.

            Still, like an idiot he took her everywhere she couldn’t even possibly imagine – like the rainbow waterfalls, each column of water has one of the seven colours of the rainbow. It glittered too which turned everything even more fantastic.

Soonkyu and the EXO boys swum all day long; it was funny to see Chanyeol and Sehun coming out in a yellowish tone as Tao, Chen and Lay looked like ballerinas all in pink.

Both Xiumin and Luhan rubbed their bodies against Sehun while the others followed their lead. Soonkyu laughed at Sehun who just wanted to kill them – he looked like the rainbow’s fairy.

            By the end of the day and for their surprise they felt tired like never before – since they were cursed there was not even one day in their life when they felt tired. Sometimes they even had a hard time falling asleep because of the lack of tiredness.

But not today – they were exhausted.

            Soonkyu was the one who felt the worse of course, her human body wasn’t capable of keeping up with the wolves who even tired could keep up with the stamina. That was not possible for her.

Her eyes were threatening to shut at any rate and she felt her legs like jelly, hard to maintain in that vertical position.

            She tripped. All she could see was the ground coming right to her face but she didn’t bothered and just closed her eyes ready to hit the ground.

A few seconds later she took a peak and gasped – she was in Suho’s arms while he walked calmly as if she waited the same as a feather.

Soonkyu stared at him and he laughed tiredly without looking at her.

            “You’re welcome.” She jumped slightly. How did he know…? “You can put me down…?” Again, surprised, she nodded once and kept staring at the boy’s angelic face as if drawn. “That won’t do, Peter Pan’s wife. You’re just too tired to walk so I’ll take you.” Soonkyu said nothing else but kept staring at him the entire way.

Only a bit later she realized the wolves were no longer around them and she asked him about it.

            “They were just too hungry to keep walking at your speed so they ran home.”

            “You didn’t because…?” Suho’s eyes widened a bit at her question and passed her to his backs again as if she weighted nothing. Soonkyu gave out a little yelp.

            “I wanted to be alone with you.” That made her blush intensely. Soonkyu hid her face on his shoulder as he ran and just told her heart to stop bouncing so quickly.

It was embarrassing.

***

            As they approached the village Suho placed her down but still held her hand. He said it was just a precaution in case she was about to fall however she didn’t made anything out of it and just held his hand tighter.

That made him smile widely.

            “Suho, father is calling you.” Kai came out of nowhere calling out for Suho. The later didn’t seem surprised at all by the sudden appearance of Kai while Soonkyu was scared out of her wits for a moment. They both laughed quietly not to offend her.

            “Father?” From what she knew from her dreams there was this old man who took care of them all after some of their parents got killed trying to protect them. She now suspected they were protecting them from Wol Kwang, most likely.

Suho was already an orphan before, raised by this father since little. The people from the village never knew where he had come from but took him in and the elder raised him as his own.

            “You mean your ‘Papa’?” Soonkyu asked with a small voice not wanting to be betrayed by her not very British accent. Suho smiled and nodded, repeating after her.

            “Yeah, my Papa.” In the moment he spoke of the elder his eyes glittered with this true emotion only a son could have for his father. That made Soonkyu think of her own father and she cursed.

            “Oh, my! What about my father? He must be so worried for me…” Suho squeezed her hand lightly and gave her a little push.

            “Come, my father might have some answers for you.” Soonkyu didn’t questioned and just followed him still curious about that man. She might confess as well how nervous she was to meet his father, but she never would of course.

            As they come out of the woods she saw this enormous statue of a bear with some weird writing underneath. It said «Ursus» which Suho read immediately.

His Latin accent was much better than hers but still she managed.  Kai who was silently following them tried not to laugh at her gaining a very harsh look from Suho.

Kai just thought it was better if he disappeared and so he did.

            “Why do you have this bear here? You’re all wolves…” Suho’s noise moved a bit as he thought and he just shrugged.

            “We were bears before we turn into wolves. That was the protective spirit of our tribe but it lost all the meaning now.”

            “How can you say that?” A little bit further at the beginning of the hill there was this little house and an old, short man was standing by its door. He walked perfectly well for an elder and his eyes were full of life.

As he came closer there was something on his face who reminded her of her own father. They looked a lot a like – minus the glasses.

            “Hi, Soonkyu, I’m Soo Man this ungrateful guy’s father.” He took her hand letting his lips rest for a moment and then touching it with his forehead. “I’ve heard so much about you that I feel like I’m your own father.”

            “Papa!”

            “Ya, do you want to die? Who are you raising your voice to?” Suho looked down and apologized.

Soonkyu tried not to laugh too loud at the situation but she couldn’t help it and Suho heard her. He pouted making her smile then – sure he was beautiful but he looked too cute when he acted like a little boy.

            As they followed the old Soo Man into the house she couldn’t help but notice the little village – the houses were all minimalistic but had that family vibe to it. There was this enormous fireplace on the centre of the village and only then she realized that the fire was the only thing illuminating the village. There was no moonlight today.

            The boys who previously wear ripped shorts and loose shirts were now with some weird things around their bellies right under their bellybutton. It seemed like Tarzan’s wearing but much thick and with more layers. They had this weird furry boots and that was all.

Some women wore the same Tarzan’s skirt with a thing that looked like a bra and others wore full dresses. The furry boots seemed the only piece of shoe around there.

            Soonkyu looked at herself and felt a little out of place – she was wearing light jeans, black Timberland boots, a grey shirt and her red jacket was resting on Suho’s arm.

She didn’t belong there, definitely.

Before entering Soonkyu saw this big mansion on top of the hill, being the only construction there. It was weird looking at that big mass and unconsciously she got closer to Suho, holding his hand strongly. 

            Once inside the elder’s house Soonkyu couldn’t stop but to look around – that seemed like a little prehistoric lab, with some many colours and tubes and bubbling matter. She was amazed.

There were many books also. There was a door down the room and Soonkyu suspected it was Suho’s bedroom.

            “Little girl you’ll have all the time in the world to explore our house if you want to but not today.” Soonkyu turned to Soo Man who was looking at Suho’s dejected face as he stared out the window as if he was oblivious to what they were talking. “I have a gift to give you.” Soonkyu took careful steps getting closer to the old man. He placed her in front of a mirror and told her to closer her eyes for a moment.

As she complied she felt a pair of hands lifting up her arms and slipping something. It was a red hood, Soonkyu realized once she opened her eyes. It was long – so gigantically long but elegant – and even the sleeves were long. The hood covered her hair completely and suddenly she felt safe. 

            “Wear it only by night, especially when there’s moonlight.” He touched her face and just sighed as if he was tired. “There’s only this much I can do for you.” She was confused but asked another thing that was on her mind for a while.

            “Can I ask about my father…? There’s some way to contact him whatsoever? I need to let him know I’m okay, that I’m alive, that I’ll be back… someday.” Soo Man smiled at her and grabbed her hands.

            “Time is as different as people; the only thing in common it’s that we are called ‘person’.” Soonkyu was a little bit taken aback by what he said – she didn’t understand one bit of it – and so he explain, with a smile on his lips. “Do not fear for you father or brothers. As you’ll see time here is spent much more quickly than in elsewhere you might visit.”

***

            They were taking a walk around the village – Suho was showing her the place he grew up and where he played. She could only imagine those places when he told her in her dreams about it but now she was seeing every single thing and she loved it.

But then there was something bothering her – he showed her every sing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter