Suits

Dealing with Reality - dropped -

 Dealing With Reality

CHAPTER EIGHT: Suits

Sehun - Luhan

Reality is cruel and harsh...But that's what love is for...

It was maybe the fifth store they had walked into, but Sehun was still undecided on the suit that he would be wearing to the dinner tonight. Luhan didn’t see much difference between the ones from different stores, the names of the high-end brands just going in one ear and out the other without being committed to memory. They all looked the same, the same black fabric cut in almost the same style (although he had to admit that a few of them had made Sehun look more handsome than the others did). Despite the soreness that was beginning to develop in his legs and back, he didn’t complain; Sehun was still his boss after all, even if he had invited him to shop together.

 

Having said that, Luhan couldn’t help glancing at his wristwatch every so often, distracted by thoughts of the perfect execution of his and Minseok’s planning for the dinner. Time was ticking away, and eight o’clock was fast approaching (okay, it was only four and the sun still up, but he still had to check over the final preparations, and maybe he was still slightly antsy about being alone with Sehun). The younger of the two noticed how Luhan was so distracted, so he made up his mind to get the perfect suit (to impress said male) at this shop.

 

Sehun browsed through racks and racks of pressed suits, humming in thought as he contemplated each one with a critical eye. Although he had made a joke with Luhan earlier about picking his own suit, he had culminated a good fashion sense over the years, learning how to impress the media with impeccable fashion. It wasn’t the most important of things, but it helped with first impressions and maintaining an image, so he kept at it. And he liked the feeling that swelled in his heart when he was complimented on his looks, so he was hoping that a certain someone that was currently beside him would be awestruck by his attire for the night. He was unimpressed for the most part though, until he suddenly exclaimed with giddiness.

“I think I found it,” he says with a content grin, leaving for the changing rooms after requesting for his size from a salesgirl, choosing a tie from the large selection by the counter to accompany it. Again, Luhan doesn’t see what was so special about this particular suit, it looks exactly the same as the one at the last shop in my opinion. As he waited, he twiddled his thumbs, sending a quick text to Minseok who was beginning to panic at Luhan’s disappearance. Come on now, we don’t have time to fulfil your rich boy shopping needs!

 

Suddenly, he could hear the distinctive click of the changing room lock, signalling Sehun’s exit.

“Hey, Luhan. How does this look?” the CEO-to-be calls out, turning right and left in front of the mirrors by the changing rooms. Sehun had thought that the suit was the best out of all the ones he tried on, but he wanted a second opinion, since you tend to be blind when it comes to your own taste. So Luhan turns to face him but when he does, he really wishes he hadn’t.

 

The suit wasn’t like the ones that you normally see old businessmen wearing to ceremonies or the ones that teenagers rent out for prom that end up to be either too big or too small. The one he had chosen fitted him perfectly, cut to fit his frame. It was slightly more casual than a traditional suit, with the front open to reveal his dress shirt, yet exuded the same charisma as if it was fully buttoned up. His crisp white shirt contrasted against the midnight black of the blazer, a red-and-blue striped tie finishing off the look. Not only that, the slim trousers on his bottom half hugged the shape of his legs nicely, making them look longer (although they didn’t really need help in that aspect). His previously immaculate hair was slightly ruffled, adding to the slightly casual look. It probably ended up that way due to the number of times he’s changed in and out of outfits, effortless but totally adding to the outfit. When Sehun turned so that his back was to the older, Luhan’s eyes trailed downwards, landing right on Sehun’s . Well, that suit is perfect, he thinks to himself as he appreciates the view.

 

But when Sehun turns once more so that he was facing Luhan, the redhead manages to tear his gaze away, coughing to dispel the thoughts in his head. Why were you even thinking that, Luhan?

“It looks perfect,” he replies, albeit a little stiffly. Sehun fixes the suit one more time, nodding to himself.

“I guess I’ll wear it straightaway,” he tells the salesgirl, who was hovering nearby. “We’ll go to the venue right after this.”

 

“But sir!” Luhan panics, looking down at his crumpled clothes, since they had been out and about. “I’m not wearing my suit yet…”

“That’s okay. Would you mind getting a matching suit for my friend over here?” Sehun asks the salesgirl, who nods and promptly goes to the back to get another pair. Luhan’s eyes widen in surprise, and he splutters incoherently as he looks at Sehun incredulously.

“Wh- I- What do you mean matching suit?” he says dumbly, still standing still even though the salesgirl had returned, Luhan’s suit just waiting in her hands.

“Thank you.” Sehun ignores Luhan, taking the clothes from the salesgirl before dropping them in his secretary’s arms.

“Sir!” protests the redhead, trying to return the clothes given to him, but Sehun easily overpowers him, pushing him into the changing rooms.

“Just try it on,” he requests, smiling at the older.

“But-” Luhan’s protests fell on deaf ears, Sehun quickly closing the door.

“You wouldn’t want to be late for the dinner tonight.” Sehun’s voice was slightly muffled by the barrier between them, but he was right. A quick glance at his watch and he only had three hours left to get to the venue and double-check everything. Grudgingly, he started getting dressed, stripping himself down in a rush.

 

As much as he hated to admit it, he looked good. The suit hugged his body in all the right places, showing off his slim figure. When he stepped out of the changing room, he had cowered a little under Sehun’s powerful gaze, looking him up and down as if he was judging him. But when his boss smiled, nodding to himself, he blew out a sigh a relief, his shoulders relaxing.

“See, I told you it would look amazing,” teased Sehun, and Luhan had to resist from reaching over to punch him lightly. It was what he would have done before… But things have changed.

 

With Sehun’s card out to pay for the suits, they went to the counter with the salesgirl from before. Luhan had tried to take out his own money, but Sehun refused, citing that it was ‘for a business dinner, so it counts under business costs’.

“Two suits, is that all?” checks the girl, swiping the credit card.

“Yes, thank you.”

“You two look wonderful with the couple look by the way, I’m envious,” she adds with a chuckle.

“Wh- We’re not-”

“Thanks again,” interjects Sehun with a bright laugh, taking back his card once the transaction was complete. He made his way for the door, turning back for Luhan when the latter did not follow him. “Luhan, we’ve got to go if we want to make it on time,” he says with amusement in his eyes. Luhan moves, but is basically on autopilot as he mulls over Sehun’s response to the salesgirl.

 

Once they were safely seated in the car, finally on the way to the venue, Luhan speaks up.

“Why did you say that?” he asks carefully, keeping his gaze on the scenery outside, whooshing by, instead of his boss’ face.

“Say what?” Sehun genuinely looked confused, so the older pressed on.

“That we were a couple.” To his own ears, he sounded weak, but that’s exactly how he felt on the inside. When the girl had called them cute together, his mind was frozen, stuck in memories on what could have been.

“But I didn’t. I was just agreeing that we looked good together. We do look good together.” Luhan couldn’t tell if the younger meant just the fact that they both looked good in their suits, or if there was some sort of emphasis on the together that he was trying to imply. “I just thought it was cute, y’know having couple clothes.”

“But we’re not a couple. We’re colleagues, and you’re my boss.” Luhan was this close to forgetting his promise to himself, but he managed to choke out the words that he knew he needed Sehun to hear. “What are people going to think when they see this?”

“Luhan…” The younger’s face fell, and he reached out to touch Luhan.

 

 

“Sir, we’re here.” Suddenly, they were both aware of the driver still in the car, his eyes trained in front in an attempt to give them privacy. At that, Luhan jumps out of the car, practically sprinting to where he knew Minseok would be pulling at his hair, lamenting on how his younger brother had ditched him to shop for new clothes. Speaking of clothes, he would still have to deal with the fact that he’s a match with Oh Sehun, but that he would deal with later.

 

It’s time to focus. This presentation has to be perfect. And Sehun… I’ll just ignore him from now on. No more being weak.

 

But he didn’t realize that his earlier actions had spurred such a determination in Sehun, to carry out something that he had been planning with Kai for the last few weeks. They had been unsure, but now, well, let’s just say that the project isn’t the only thing being presented tonight.

 

Author's Notes

 Thank you for reading~ Next chapter will conclude this particular drama, but don't worry! There shall be more :3

Layout credit: Growl