Come Back to Me

Dealing with Reality - dropped -

 Dealing With Reality

CHAPTER ELEVEN : Come Back To Me

Sehun - Luhan

Reality is cruel and harsh...But that's what love is for...

*this will be KaiSoo’s POV at the start and occurs simultaneously with the previous chapter until it says the next morning, and then it continues as normal SeLu ^^*

 

The traffic that night was horrendous, and Kai’s just about had enough by the time the fifth red light stopped him in his haste on the way to his destination. Looking at his surroundings, he realizes that he’s about a few blocks away from the other’s home, and he decides to sprint it instead of wasting time away waiting for traffic signals. After weeks of staying away, his mind couldn’t take it anymore. Just hearing the other’s voice as his ringtone whenever anyone called pierced his heart every time, but he couldn’t bear to change it.

 

Parking quickly by the side of the road, Kai steps out of his car, locking it with a loud beep. He hopes that the area is safe enough for him to leave his expensive car out in the open like this; but then again, if given the choice, he would choose his special someone over some materialistic good any day.

 

And then he’s off, steps thudding in the silence of the night as he makes his way to the one person he should have never let go of.

 

-

 

Loud knocking permeates through the house and quiet shuffles can be heard as someone makes their way to the door.

“Coming,” he calls out, glad that the knocking finally ceases. It was pretty late, and who even visits people past 10pm?

 

The man opens the door to a panting Jongin, hair disheveled and tie askew. He looked like he had just run a marathon… in a suit.

“Kyungsoo,” he manages to wheeze out, a radiant smile breaking out on his tired face.

“Wh- What are you doing here?” hisses a baffled Kyungsoo, his eyes wide, as if he had just seen a ghost. Jongin doesn’t respond, still smiling. Instead, he moves in for a sweet kiss, hands on the door frame. It takes a few seconds for Kyungsoo to realize that another pair of lips are on his, a pair of lips that he had admittedly missed so much. But when he does, he pushes Jongin away, directing a strong shove on the other’s chest.

“Leave.” He was no longer frozen, eyes narrowing and expression turning hostile. He’s about to slam the door in Jongin’s face, but the taller is too quick for him, blocking the door with his foot. Jongin had flinched slightly, the door hurting more than he had expected.

“Wait, please--” he begs, trying not to let the pain leak through his words.

"No!” Kyungsoo refused to listen. “What are you doing here? You promised to stay away when they threatened not just me, but my noona too!"

 

Kyungsoo had loved Jongin. Loved him with all of his heart. But it all crashed down on him one day, when an old man in a suit came up to him, presenting a card with the Kim/Oh company logo plastered on the back. He had been confused at first, so he let the man speak to him. The man told him that Jongin was the Kai that was married to Oh Sehun, set to take over the company together. The man had told him how Kyungsoo was just a distraction, something on the side. The man had told him to leave Kai, before he got in too deep. Kyungsoo was still unsure, he wanted to talk to Jongin, but then the man said one more thing. Oh, and if you don’t, well… Both you and your sister works with us, isn’t that correct? And that was all it took for him to sever all connections with Kai. If it was just his own job at stake, maybe, he wouldn’t have reacted the way he did. But his sister has nothing to do with this. He hadn’t wanted to explain the reason why, but Kai was so persistent, calling him up at all hours until he finally burst. He had hoped that when he did, Jongin would help him. But that never happened. His lover ran away, hiding back at the company, promising to never go near Kyungsoo again. To be honest, it hurt, seeing Kai giving up on him, But he moved on, for his sister’s sake. Jongin didn’t exist anymore, only Kai did.

 

"I know but-"

"Are you going back on your promise?" Kyungsoo can’t help it. He sounds so broken, and tears are threatening to fall from his eyes. but he in a deep breath. He was not going to show any signs of weakness in front of Kai.

"No, just let me explain-" Kai tries again.

"I should have known I couldn't trust you." Kyungsoo’s words slapped him in the face, but the younger accepted the disapproval, knowing full well he deserved it.

 

"Stop. I came to tell you that I got a divorce from Sehun..." There he finally said it. It was silent for a while, Kyungsoo looking like a fish out of water, or a deer stuck in front of headlights.

"What?!" he finally shouted, shaking his head furiously. “This is some sick joke you’re trying to play, Jongin.” The mentioned smiled, noticing how Kyungsoo had finally said his name. And not even his nickname, but his real name.

“This is no joke, I mean it.” He knew he’d be needing it, so Jongin took out the divorce papers, all signed, and lifted them to Kyungsoo’s face. “It’s on paper.” Kyungsoo takes it, albeit reluctantly and scans the papers quickly.

 

It was true, and the documents seemed legitimate enough. Kyungsoo had been Jongin’s previous secretary, so he knew what to look for in legal documents.

"But how about your parents?" Kyungsoo asks skeptically.

"We'll deal with them together, along with Sehun and Luhan." Jongin looked so sure, so determined, Kyungsoo felt the edginess melt away.

"Who?" Kyungsoo definitely knew Sehun, but Luhan...

"The person who made him happy," Jongin says with a smile, and Kyungsoo finally sees what pushed them both to divorce.

 

Kyungsoo slowly tugs Jongin inside the house, finally returning the kiss from previously.

“Come back to me?” Jongin says hopefully, breaking away for a moment.

“Always,” whispers Kyungsoo as he pulls Jongin upstairs, and it was like they were never apart.

 

-


 

The next morning, Luhan feels like he’s on cloud nine, even though his tasks are as boring and mundane as usual. Xiumin had come in earlier, whacking him on the head for ditching him and not coming home for the night. But when Luhan had gone whining to Sehun about it, Xiumin’s eyes widened and he gasped, pointing between them accusingly.

“You-- You-- But--- What?” he says in confusion. Suddenly, his whole demeanour changed, and he grabbed onto Luhan’s collar, dragging him away. “I’ll bring him back in five, Mr Oh.”

“Uhm, okay?” Sehun is left alone, slightly flustered, but he gets a call from Kai which calls for his attention.

 

“Hey, Kai. Huh? Uhm, okay, Jongin?”

 

.

.

.

 

Xiumin drags Luhan into the very storage room that Luhan had once dragged him into, locking the door behind them. Luhan visibly gulps, preparing for the lecture he knew was about to spew from Xiumin’s lips.

 

What he definitely wasn’t expecting was a bone-crushing hug, his older brother lifting him up off the ground.

“Min-- Can’t-- Air--” wheezes Luhan, arms trapped by his sides. If they hadn’t been, he would be flapping about, trying to escape Xiumin’s deathly grip. He finally let’s go when he notices that Luhan’s face is as red as his hair, eyes popping from their sockets.

“Oh right, sorry,” he coughs awkwardly, but the smile on his face never disappears.

“You’re starting to scare me… You’re taking this awfully well,” comments Luhan, raising his eyebrow.

“I hit you for not coming home, didn’t I? Would you like me to repeat that?” threatens Xiumin jokingly, but his hand is raised and that scares Luhan.

“No!” he shakes his head, cowering in fear as Xiumin continues to chuckle.”Just-- I thought you’d be mad at me, considering what he did…” The older has a contemplative look on his face, humming.

“Well, he did it right this time. He dealt with his problems with Mr Kim first and only then did he make a move on you. Plus, he basically confessed his love for you in front of everyone, with the way he dragged you out of there yesterday, and that takes balls.” He nods appreciatively.

 

Luhan is still awestruck, but decides to take it. Yes, be happy that you didn’t have to listen to a lecture of his that would have definitely taken longer than five.

“So you dragged me here, just to say that you approve?” asks Luhan.

“Pretty much,” Xiumin replies happily, “and you’re -scared face is just too funny”. Luhan sighs, reaching over to unlock the door.

“Next time, just congratulate me with Sehun.”

“Aww, did you miss your Sehunnie?” teases Xiumin, turning to exit first, skipping back to his desk before Luhan could hit him.

 

“Oh, Xiumin, Luhan, you’re back. Will you come into my office, please?” Sehun says as soon as Luhan returns too. The two secretaries look at each other in confusion, but follow their boss anyway. Luhan sees an unknown man standing beside Kai, discreetly holding hands.

“Kyungsoo, you’re back!” gasps Xiumin, going over to hug the other slightly. They exchange brief greetings, Luhan introducing himself to Kyungsoo and vice versa.

 

Once all the greetings were over and done with, Sehun explains why they all have been called.

“Since Kyungsoo has agreed to return to the company, there will be some changes in secretarial positions. Kyungsoo will return to his old post as Kai’s-- I mean, Jongin’s secretary, and Xiumin, you will be assigned to Jongdae over in finance.” The two brothers exchange glances, slightly upset that they won’t be working side-by-side anymore. However, Xiumin takes it in his stride, nodding firmly.

“Understood. Am I leaving right away or…?”

“Jongdae isn’t expecting you until tomorrow, since he’s away for a business meeting, so you can have the day off to set up your stuff and just relax,” Sehun says with a smile.

“Thank you, Mr. Oh.” And with that, Xiumin leaves, squeezing his younger brother’s hand to reassure Luhan. “Don’t worry, it’ll be good to have some space,” he whispers for only his ears. “See you at home, Luhan.”

 

The four are left, and the air is slightly awkward if anything.

“Sorry that I separated you and your brother.” Kyungsoo breaks the silence, turning to face Luhan with a guilty expression.

“Oh no! It’s fine,” Luhan reassures with a chuckle. “It’ll be good to have a little space, since we live together and spend our time at home in each other’s presence. And I think it’ll be great working with you,” he adds with a gentle smile.

“You’re not moving in with Sehun?” Kyungsoo suddenly asks, and Sehun is now spluttering incoherently, looking to Jongin for help.

“I’m moving in with Kyungsoo…” he states. “I just assumed that Luhan would move into the house with you,” he admits with a nervous laugh.

“Well, it seems that our CEO-to-be here hasn’t asked you yet, sorry for that,” says Kyungsoo, looking at Luhan.

“Only because you just told me! And he just came!” whines Sehun, pouting at the teasing being sent his way.

“Okay, boss. Let’s show Mr. Kim and Kyungsoo out and get some work done.” Luhan walks the other two out, seeing them off with a wave. Sehun couldn’t hear, but Kyungsoo had whispered, Who’s the boss here? Luhan or Sehun?, whilst chuckling to himself.

 

And just as Luhan had said, they got straight to work, the topic of moving in conveniently forgotten as an emergency call from one of their departments had them scrambling to do damage control.

 

Well, there’s always next time, right?

 

 

Author's Notes

 If there's any confusion regarding Kai's/Jongin's name change at the start, it's because I was trying to get across that, to Kyungsoo, there were two sides of him. Jongin, who was his lover, and Kai, who was Sehun's husband. This chapter is just under 2k, so hopefully you enjoyed it~ As always, thank you for reading! Oh, and are there any BEAST fans amongst my readers? I have a Fact and Fiction album that I'm looking to sell, so if you're interested, or know someone who would be, please do PM me here or leave a message on my twitter :D

Layout credit: Growl