Professional?

Dealing with Reality - dropped -

 Dealing With Reality

 CHAPTER FOUR : Professional?

Sehun - Luhan

Reality is cruel and harsh...But that's what love is for...

With a somewhat sadistic grin, the young CEO-to-be peeks at the redhead sitting just outside his office. Luhan was frantically shuffling through the multiple sticky notes pasted onto the desk, trying to make sense of all the dates and appointments that his boss had to attend. He was so absorbed in memorizing Sehun's whole schedule, he didn't notice the said man staring at him. Sehun continued to watch over his new employee, who at this point was beginning to pull at his hair in frustration, emitting low growls of annoyance.

"How the hell does he expect me to memorize all of this in twenty minutes?" groaned Luhan, rubbing his temples, his eyes closed. Sehun suppressed a giggle, quickly covering his mouth with his hand to prevent himself from being caught staring observing the other. Meanwhile, Luhan was still muttering to himself under his breath, using an eclectic mix of both Korean and Chinese to swear at his new boss - not that Sehun would have understood the Chinese ones, even if Luhan had been shouting them at the top of his lungs. It was only by the tone of Luhan's muttering and the deepening crease between his eyebrows that the younger could deduce the meaning behind his stream of words. Sehun frowned at the flow of enmity he could feel from the older.

Good thing I didn’t mention that he doesn’t have to memorize the appointments… They’re all synced onto my phone anyways,” he thought to himself, imagining the terror that would occur if Luhan had known the fact.

 

Deciding that enough was enough, Sehun coughed loudly, walking to the front of Luhan's desk. The secretary looked up, releasing a sharp gasp.

“How long have you been there?” he said, visibly gulping with worry as he collected the stack of papers on the desk into his arms. Instead of replying, the younger just walked away, stopping only when Luhan didn’t make a move to follow him.

“Aren’t you coming?” Sehun asked, raising one of his eyebrows. “I need my secretary to tell me where to go, don’t I?” he added sarcastically, turning away to continue his walking.

“Ri-Right away, sir!” replied Luhan, scurrying after the younger, the papers barely in his grasp. “You have a meeting on the 9th floor with Marketing,” he recited from the paper on the top of the stack.

 

The journey to the 9th floor was silent, except for the frequent taps of their footsteps. Neither spoke, not wanting to be the one to explain. By the time they reached the large double doors of the meeting venue, Luhan had managed to organize the sheets of paper into chronological order, finally letting out a breath of relief.

“So… What do I do while you’re having the meeting?” mumbled Luhan, scratching the back of his head as he kept his gaze to the ground.

“Hmm,” Sehun seemed to ponder the question before replying. “Please book a lunch at ‘Le Kitchen’ for twelve o’clock today, for 6 people. After that, you can just wait at your desk and catch up until I call for you.” Luhan nodded in understanding, bowing quickly before taking his leave.

 

-

 

By the end of the day, Luhan felt his legs wobbling slightly after standing around all day. The morning had been relatively easy for him, nothing but reading and booking venues. But after the lunch… He had to follow Sehun all around Seoul as the other spoke to various sponsors, smiling and handing out proposals for some business venture that Luhan really had no idea – or interest – about. His job was to run and get coffee or other refreshments as they discussed things that were way out of his mental capacity. His only respite was the presence of other secretaries who looked as bored as he did. Despite his weariness though, Luhan could tell that Sehun would make a good CEO. The younger was calm and collected, mingling with much older men and women with ease; there were the occasional young ones, like the ones Sehun had lunch with, but the majority of them could have been his parents’ age. The sponsors looked comfortable as they conversed with Sehun, and it was like they trusted him completely.

If only they knew how much of a jerk and cheater he actually is…” thought Luhan wryly to himself, trying hard to maintain his expression in front of the smiling sponsors (hopefully the last for the day).

 

-

 

Sehun leaned back onto his chair, already back in his office. Luhan had left with Xiumin just a few minutes ago, and Sehun could finally let himself relax after keeping up the cool façade for the whole day. Although it wasn’t obvious, he was feeling extremely apprehensive. He wanted to impress Luhan with his professionalism, even though the only thing he wanted to do was beg for forgiveness, to beg for the older to take him back. Luckily, the clients he dealt with today were among the kinder ones, the ones that actually believed in him despite his young age.

 

Just as Sehun was about to drift away into a nap, the door to his office burst open. He cracked open an eye, rolling both of them when he saw who was there.

“Kai, you know, there’s this thing. It’s called knocking,” he said sarcastically.

“Whatever,” the older said, sticking out his tongue.

I missed this… when we could act like best friends without it being weird.” The thought flashed through Sehun’s mind. “Did I even love him as anything more?”

“So how was your day with Luhan today?” asked Kai, the worry in his voice bringing Sehun out of his thoughts.

“It was fine, uneventful to be honest,” sighed Sehun, pouting slightly.

"Who would have thought that Luhan would have ended up getting a job here?" Kai’s voice had a tone of wonder, and Sehun couldn’t help but feel the same.
"I'm glad that he did... I never got to apologise for lying to him..."
"You still haven't?" Kai looked shocked by Sehun’s statement, but quickly controlled his surprise when he saw the dejected look on the younger’s face.
"I don't know how..." Sehun mumbled.
"I get it... I tried to apologise to him too, but your call interrupted us," said Kai with understanding, shaking his head at the memory.
"Apologise? For what?" This time, Sehun was the one to look shocked. There was an awkward pause as Kai realized that he hadn’t told the other about his previous ‘talk’ with the redhead.
"What did you do?" repeated Sehun, his voice firmer.
"Let's just say that I used some not-so-nice words the last time I spoke with him," Kai mumbles, guilt evident on his face. He raises his arms up in defence, quickly trying to explain himself. "I'm sorry okay? I was angry because Kyungsoo had just left me and-”
"Let's just go home," sighs Sehun, cutting the other off with a wave of his hand.

~

 

Author's Notes

 

Hey there =) Leave your thoughts in the comments below or find me on twitter and tumblr

Layout credit: Growl