Replacement

Dealing with Reality - dropped -

 Dealing With Reality

Chapter ONE: Replacement

Sehun - Luhan

Reality is cruel and harsh...But that's what love is for...

 It was early in the morning, the mist that comes with daybreak still settling down to layer the city's skyscrapers. But despite the young hour of the day, two young men were already plotting a revenge against overbearing parents, their happiness forcefully taken away from their grasps, forfeited to the devils of corporation and money. It was inside one of the many offices situated within the Oh Company building that an urgent meeting between the husbands was being held.

"Should we go talk to my parents?" proposed Kai as he sat down on the leather chair behind his desk, but from his slumped shoulders, Sehun could tell that the other didn't really mean it.

"You don't seem to believe in that plan..." Sehun muttered under his breath, plopping himself down onto the mahogany desk, brushing away Kai's hands that tried to swat him in an effort to get him off. "In fact, you seem to be saying it only because we've run out of any other options." His statement brought out a sigh from the both of them, the harsh reality sinking in.

"Well, my parents are the ones who agreed to your parents' offer for the arranged marriage, so you know as well as I do that they're likely to side with them on this matter," explained Kai, rubbing his temples in frustration. The emotion seemed to permeate through the large office, Sehun begininning to feel the frustration as well.

"We're perfectly capable young adults! Why can't they just trust us to make our own decisions?" Sehun practically growled, his usually stoic facade nowhere to be seen. It was probably because of the fact that only Kai was there in the room with him - although anyone could have just  burst in on the CEO-to-be and his husband. Suddenly, Kai shot up from his seat, a figurative lightbulb lighting up his eyes as an idea rushed through his mind.

"What if - and I'm saying that this is a big if - we prove to them that we are the perfectly capable young adults that we say we are," suggested Kai. "And maybe not just our parents, but the whole company and any competitiors as well?" he added as an afterthought.

"And how do you suggest we do that?" asked Sehun, leaning forward to prop his elbows on the desk, as he focused on the older's face, his interest piqued by the suggestion. But before Kai could say any more, there was a loud knock on the door, calling the two men's attention.

"Come in," said Kai, returning to his seat, shooing away the younger but to no avail. As the door opened, Kai's jaw went slack when he saw the two people that entered the room. Sehun - who still had his back turned away from the door since he was sitting on the table - tilted his head to the side, confused as to why the older's expression had changed. He turned around to face the newcomers and he felt his own face flushing in shock.

 

It wasn't Xiumin's appearance that surprised the two of them, but the person that was beside him certainly did. Despite the change in hair colour, going from blonde to a vibrant red which seemed a little out of place in such a serious office atmosphere, Sehun and Kai instantly recognized the man whose face seemed to mirror theirs. 

"Mr. Kim, I have brought the secretary who will be replacing Kyungsoo. His name is Luhan." Xiumin bowed as he introduced the red-head, motioning for the younger to do the same, completely unaware of the current situation. Snapping out of his shock, Luhan follows Xiumin's example, mumbling a quick greeting.

"Hello there. Please take care of me and I will try my best to serve your every need, sir." Xiumin shot Luhan a worried glance, but said nothing about the younger's lacklustre response.

"Yes, of course, thank you," Kai hurriedly replied, coughing awkwardly. Sehun remained silent, just staring at the new secretary with a look of disbelief.

"I'll be leaving now, Mr. Kim, Mr. Oh," said Xiumin, bowing once more as he backed out of the door, still clueless about the tension that hung in the air as he left his younger brother alone with the married couple.

 

Luhan remains poker-faced, trying his best to avoid eye-contact with the one that was searching for it. Instead, the oldest in the room decided to keep his distance, staying in his position by the door, ready to bolt at a moment's notice. Unable to take it anymore, Sehun gets up from the desk, about to step closer to the other; but Luhan raised his hand, stopping the taller's movements.

"As a new employee hereI would appreciate it if you, and your husband, respect my personal space and maintain a professional relationship-" Luhan pauses, stumbling over his choice of words, "I mean, maintain a professional distance..." he corrected, trailing off. "Especially since your husband will be my boss for the time that I am working here," emphasized Luhan, turning his attention back to the said male.

"I-" Sehun hesitates, unsure of how to speak to the determined secretary.

"Is there anything urgent that you'd like me to do, sir?" asks Luhan, ignoring Sehun's constant attempts to get his attention. Kai, stuck watching the two, shifts in his seat, feeling extremely awkward.

"No, you may assist Xiumin for today, learn a bit..." replies Kai, motioning to Luhan that he was free to leave for the day. "You will officially start working under me tomorrow." The redhead nods curtly, bowing ninety degrees once before heading towards the door.

"Oh and don't worry," Luhan spoke just as his hand grabbed onto the handle of the door. "I won't tell anyone about what happened." His voice was just above a whisper, and the other two in the room had to strain their ears to catch the statement. But they heard it and once more, they were frozen in place by Luhan's brazenness. Finally. Luhan left the room, closing the door behind him with an audible click. At the sound, Sehun turned to Kai, the expression of disbelief from earlier never leaving his face.

"I guess our parents aren't the only thing we have to deal with..." commented Kai, the two men turning their gazes to the closed door, their minds wandering to the past.

 

 

 

 

Author's Notes

 And here you go, the first chapter~ Hopefully you enjoyed that and are anticipating future updates ^0^ If there's anything that disappointed you or if you just want to leave a nice comment to motivate this author, feel free to do so below =) Updates are likely to come weekly since I have to balance my other two fics on top of this and school is starting next week...

And some advertising of my twitter and tumblr ;) Follow me on either/both sites and I'll follow back~ You can ask me any questions you might have on there (or you can ask in the comments below too =P)

Anylays, comment/subscribe/upvote/share <3

Thank you for reading~

P.S. Would you guys prefer chapters of this length (1000+ words) and more frequent updates, or longer chapters (2000+) and less frequent updates?

Layout credit: Growl