Day of No Return

Run With Me!

Woo’s POV

 

I spent the rest of the evening with Junho and Minjun Hyung. Tomorrow is the choir competition day and we all decided to have a sleep over at Minjun Hyung’s place.

His Mom cooked for us and she knew well of what we can and can not eat. We’re more than welcomed in that big house. We eat together with his Mom and his little brother. Minjun Hyung sat on the chair his Dad used to sit before he left all of us last year.

“Yah, I’m going to ask for my Dad’s bless. You coming?”

Minjun Hyung finish his meal and walk to kitchen. I looked at Junho and he also finished his meal then followed Minjun Hyung.

“Junhyeon, will you come with us too?”

“Then we all going. Umma?” he looked at his Mom and she smiled.

“Let me prepare things we need to bring, Wooyoung-ah.” She stood from her seat but Junho took her plate and told her to change and prepare, and we boys will do the dish as well as cleaning the table. “It’s been a long time since there’s a lot of people in this table. Minjun’s Dad would love companies after dinner to talk about man stuff.”

“Ah, yes Omoni. I know he does.” I looked at the chair with new owner. Minjun Hyung now take the role of the father of his family. He changes a lot but when he’s with us and performing, he’s still the same passionate man.

Minjun Hyung then finish the dish while the table is now clean thanks to Junho and Junhyeon. I wonder how these three could work so dynamically like real family. Junho is really used to this home. Junho told me to pack whatever we would need later on.

In about 15 minutes, we all set. Minjun Hyung checked all the keys and everything then go out, walking side by side with his Mom while Junhyeon walked right behind them. Junho as always, walks with the same rhythm as I do.

“I love the fact that Hyung is a lot closer to his Mom.” Said Junho in low voice. He looked at how Minjun Hyung and his Mom walks hand in hand. “He’s the father now. I can’t imagine such responsibility with a Mother and namdongsaeng (little brother), and he even sell his apartment in Seoul.”

“Really? He does? That’s why he doesn’t come to our place a lot? How come I never know about that? Oh my God…”

“He told me not to tell anyone about that. Well, you need to know though. That’s why he’s been composing and selling everywhere, looking for singing jobs too.”

I can’t say anything regarding the news. I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is to suddenly be the one leading your family, be a Father when you’re only in your twenties. I think we should all explore the world when we’re young but I think it’s not important now. Family comes first.

“I can’t imagine how he can adapt to big situation like that in only less than a month.” Junho puts both his hands inside his jeans pocket.

“You know, Ho. When you love your family so much, when you lost someone you care about so much and have to change due to the lost, you don’t know what your will can do with your body. You’d live not only for yourself, or just to make your parents proud of having a great son as they expect, because your family would comes first. In whatever you do.”

Junho then looked at me with sparkles in his eyes. “Bravo, Young.” He tapped my shoulders couples of times and I bring him closer.

“That’s why we should have a little compassion about Hyung. We knew him well, and it’s time for us to be a man like he does.”

Junho nodded and we walk in a comfortable silence. This is actually only the second time I came to ‘visit’ Minjun Hyung’s dad. He used to told us to come and have a sleep over. He loves company. Minjun Hyung was always busy or maybe he occupied himself with work when he’s in the city. It’s always me and Junho sleeping over, then Minjun Hyung would come the next day only to pick us up back to the city.

I know he much he regretted everything but he said everything’s too late so now he tried to be a better son for his mom. In my opinion, he already a great son. I know just how much Minjun Hyung work to cover the family expenses, and how much sacrifices he made so far.

Minjun Hyung spent 15 minutes for praying and talking to his dad while his mom wait with Junho outside. I stand about 10 feet away from Hyung. He would happily chirped about exciting things then he’d cry, then smile and laugh again. He even told his dad about Taecyeon Hyung. How much he love Taecyeon Hyung’s treatment toward him.

“It’s overwhelming but when I think it’s overwhelming, he would step on the brake deep and make it seems really casual. He’s really exciting and his laugh is contagious heheheh~ I hope you understand my choice, Appa. I promise he won’t hurt me, he’s a soft kitty eventhough he’s looking buff and big.”

He took a deep breath and look up then he caress the photograph. Just like that, he become a crying mess. I step forward and softly rubbed at his shoulders.

“I wish you could bless me and Taec. I’m sorry for making it complicated this whole time. I was ashamed of this too, and that’s why I don’t dare facing you. Appa, forgive me.” he sobbed like a hurt little kid.

“Hyung…”

“I’m okay, Wooyoung-ah.” He whisper to me and tapped my hands on his shoulders. “Appa, tomorrow is the competition day. Wooyoung, Junho, and me have struggled so long. I know if you’re still with me you’d come and watch us. But anyways, come and see me tomorrow from above, okay Appa?”

“I would love if you do, Aboji.” I tried to sound calm but actually my heart breaks when Minjun Hyung asked his dad to come and watch from above. So childish yet heart-breaking from such a gentle man.

“Alright, Appa. I’ll go now. I have to rest so I can perform only the best for tomorrow.” Minjun Hyung once again rub the photograph and left.

“Good night, Aboji. I’ll take my leave now. Rest well,” I smiled to the photograph and left too.

The ride back home was rather quite. Junho drove us while Minjun Hyung and his mom sleep at the back seat and Junhyeon listening to music with eyes closed. I sometimes speak to Junho in whisper level just to keep him alert. Honestly, my brain is not as clam as I look. I keep thinking about whether my Mom and Nuna would come, then I gotta be worry about introducing them to Khun Hyung. What should I say to them? I shook my head to shake away the thoughts.

“You okay, Young?”

“Uhm yeah, I guess. Probably just a bit nervous about tomorrow.”

“Oh come on~~ You’ll be okay. tenor will be okay, Young. Seriously, stop worrying the minor . Vini vidi vici!” Junho squeezed my shoulders and smiled happily.

Maybe he’s right. I should stop worrying little things and I need to focus. Tomorrow will be the point of no return. The point where I have to show to myself that what I’ve sacrificed paid well. The point where I will have a different life with Khun Hyung. If he doesn’t confess tomorrow, I’ll be the one confessing to him.

Minjun Hyung, Junho, and I sleep on the living room. Minjun Hyung said he wants us to sleep together. Once everything set, three of us slip inside the blanket and in less than an hour, I heard Minjun Hyung soft snore.

“Let’s sleep, Young. We need to wake up at 5 tomorrow.” Junho yawned. “Bye, Young.” He turn his body to face Minjun Hyung and soon asleep too.

Khun Hyung sent me a good night text and he also wishes us luck. I smiled from ear to ear as I read the text and pretty sure that I’ll sleep with cheerful heart. Tomorrow will be a good day~!

 

-end of the story-


THIS IS THE END~~! Uuurgh was pretty hard on me >< but I felt good after finishing this.. Felt like I've paid all of everything I owed you guys x)

Epilogue will come. I promise it will,but I can't promise the time x(

Any thoughts? Just spill everything ;)