The day you smile to me

Run With Me!

Support : in choir term, support means managing the diaphragm breathing so you could sound loud and powerful. It's simply about how to manage the way you breath so you're not panting and the tone goes lower. Singing in a choir requires no gasp sound ^^ that's a big no-no~


Woo’s POV

 

Ugh… Another practice.. It’s really boring…

Tenor is falling apart and practice gradually become dull. Physical training and another vocal training for the choir competition is getting tougher. It’s supposed to make me more loyal.

I lost my real purpose of being a tenor.

I go to choir practice simply because I have to go since the competition is closing in and we have to practice harder to be better. When the clock hits 4 PM, that means I need to go then come back home around 9 or 10 PM. My body would naturally take a shower around 3 and left home around 3.40 PM.

Why should we be better?

I lost thoughts that we have to be a champion. I always thought that we compete and give our best. That’s it.

I’m trapped in a box of routine. Again.

Sweat I spilled for my choir, supposed to make us a champion.

Now I make a new purpose : Optima Voci Choir have to be a champion. National champion.

I sacrifice not only time, but also my life style. I no longer consume ice or another cold beverages, eat less spicy food, no more fried food, stop forcing the vocal chord uselessly. I stopped smoking too. I sleep lesser to train my body. I swims for 30 minutes every morning, run every night before bed, and go to gym every weekend. I don’t have much spare time to spent with my family anymore.

“Wooyoung-ah, be careful on ‘so well’ part. If you take it easy, it’ll be easier for you to manage your breathe and look out for the support. Don’t let the tone go south~” our vocal coach, Jo Hoyeon, once again scold me in such cheerful manner. He’s right. I always spoiled the intro of Queen’s Save Me. Ugh~ I hate if he scold me about the support thingy! I don't know how to fix my support.

“Ne, Hyung~”  I grinned to him and gulp down my water.

I gave up smoking and I’ve trained so hard to make the support better yet I still breathe like an amateur tenor. All cardio sports I do ought to give me better support when I sing, but I can’t sulk now. Everyone’s tired, they don’t need a sulky boy to ruin the mood.

“Young~ ya’llright? What’s with your support today? It’s noisy, Dude~” Junho embrace me by the shoulder, sounds worried despite his wide smile.

“I know, right? I’m okay though.”

“Or have you been smoking again?” Minjun Hyung pinched my nose.

“No~ I told you I’ve stopped.” I sulked a bit.

“Maybe it’s because we don’t have proper rest.” Junho massaged my shoulders a bit and Minjun Hyung ruffled his caramel brown hair. Junho’s eyes turned to cute curves as he smiles. He’s such a charming guy with wide vocal range and other great talents. “Look, I know you’re very tired, not enough sleep, and another 99 problems hehehe~ but you gotta hang on, Young.”

“Yeah. I still gotta guide you, huh?”

He laughed “That’s right~ I still need you. Tenor needs you,”

“I know, I know.” I smiled. “Thanks, guys.” I hold Minjun Hyung and Junho’s hands, shook them slightly, thankfully.

Tenor now only has 3 members but we’re still the best of all. Minjun Hyung is also a solo singer while Junho made loads of great musical pieces and as for myself, I know I have powerful voice. On the other hand, Bass have 5 members and doing just fine this whole time. Tenor gotta top them most of the time so I really can’t imagine what would happen if Tenor lost me.

Today’s practice ended around 8 and then Hoyeon Hyung dismissed us. It’s still raining outside so we gotta wait on the lobby. Out side the lobby, the basketball club members running around to collect their stuff then come into the lobby that most of the time ruled by us, choir members.

Tall and well built boys, pretty yet athletic girls, joining us. Some of them knew us well and greets. They’re all sweaty but still looks attractive unlike us.

One particular tall guy attract my attention after he greets Minjun Hyung by grabbing his arm and gave him a charming toothy smile. Minjun Hyung smiled back awkwardly. He got fine chiseled face and tan complexion. His left arm has long scar, looks terrifying and I cringed wondering what happened to his arm. His green jersey shows that his name is Ok Taecyeon and his number is 27.

Next to him, a cute tall, brighter complexion guy with charming smile. His plumpy lips munching on a banana happily. He wear bright blue jersey with white line down each side of the jersey. His back showed number 11 and his name is really unique, Hwang Chansung. Agreement? Kkkk~

They both come in, followed by others. Chansung guy clinging to Taecyeon with arms around each other’s waist. They both so tall and well built even if Chansung is leaner, yet looks so cute.

And then I see Junho fixed his eyes on Chansung and his cheeks turning pink.

“HEY! How dare you leaving me and my stuff alone?! You bad beasts~!”

Last guy come in. Milky white complexion, a bit shorter than Taecyeon and Chansung, his arms lean but really well built and oh dear God, he’s unnormally very very handsome! He wears red pants, red shoes, and his jersey has non-Hangul name. His number is 24 and his name is in Thai.

He made his way in, storming loud with thuddy steps, passing right in front of me and smiled at me. Maybe it’s because I stared at him for too long. I awkwardly smiled back and I know I look stupid. That Thai guy look away and walks with bigger step to punish Taecyeon and Chansung by smacking the back of their heads. Ouch.

“Khun~!!” they both whined and rubbed their heads.

Oh… So his name is Khun. His arms, oh my God~ Can I them top to bottom? Minjun Hyung has that kind of arms too but this one is different. It’s more charming to my eyes.

“Hey Young, stop staring at him.” Junho pinched my cheeks.

“And look at you, blushing over the walking agreement.”

“Yah! Don’t say it out loud!”

“You know, I have one class with him and he’s a role model student eventhough sometimes his face looks babo-ish. Kkk~”

Then Junho froze, but holding my hand tightly. “Take me to that class.”

Kkkkk~~

 

-to be continued-