Intensity

Raven's Gate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Double update.

↭CHAPTER 30↭

Tao was in ultimate despair.

With the draining of both his handphone battery and portable charger, he felt like there was no reason to live anymore. Not forgetting to mention the fact that almost everything he saw was mainly running on manual power. No electricty, just kill him. It was like using a Nokia all over again.

A week had passed since the twelve of them were seperated and all they were ever doing was just eat, drink, sleep, repeat. That pizza uncle mysteriously disappeared after giving them a place to stay and having that small chat with them (if you can still remember). Pizzas were sent to their room frequently and waters were still running through the pipes. If this had happened back at their apartment they wouldn't be complaining but after their other friends told them about their situations, it was evident that their lives were the most relaxed at that point of time.

It was all very suspicious. Other than the fact everything was manually powered and their lighting at night was oil lamps, they had nothing to do. Xiumin often fell asleep and Tao would just pick up a random pencil and sketch probably a panda or two. It was no use freezing time; it made things even more boring and Xiumin's powers of frost weren't much of a help either since the weather was perfectly fine.

Xiumin rolled off the bed and picked up the weird book that fell on his head when they crashed onto the ground from above. The faded pages showed the symbols found on their wrists and Xiumin touched the picture of a snowflake. There were illegible writings underneath, a cross between hierglyopics and braille. He trailed his fingers across the wordings when he felt a tingle run through them and it was all too bright suddenly.

-

"Kibum, go and freeze that monster there!"

"I c-can't, it's too gigantic!"

"Would you rather have world peace or get it swallowed by the Old Ones?"

"Why can't you do it Siwon? You control lightning and storms "

"Believe in me Kibum, believe in yourself, use your powers and wait for me to act after you."

Kibum stayed hidden underneathe a pile of rubble, his fingers trembling madly and his heartbeats sounds drumming in his ears. The battle was long and tiring. After periods of searching for each other for so long, the thirteen finally assembled back in the East. In the heart of Wiryeseong, the capital of Baekje, the thirteen were going against the Old Ones for their first, and also what they hoped was the last, attempt in entrapping the Old Ones. Kibum was their first step to stopping the imbroglios happening around the world. If their stepping stone wasn't stable, everything would collapse.

Kibum peeped through the cracks and watched the Old Ones surround the area, causing a dark grey fog to fall upon them. It was cold and gloomy, the atmosphere worse than five minutes ago. But the cold didn't bother him. He was made for that weather. Kibum shut his eyes and held his hand up into the air, slowly twirling his fingers about.

Snow fell from the sky and the Old Ones looked around, finding the source of these water crystals. It melted as they touched the earth's surface and they laughed. A puddle of water wasn't going to hurt them.

Siwon let the electricity crackle in between his fingers and watched the water seep across the floor towards. As soon as they touched his feet he was going to punch the floor and let the electricity flow.

Thunder boomed and the slightest touch from the water sent him punching straight into the ground, electricity passing through the rubble and setting it on fire while his power flowed through the expanding lake. Kibum opened his eyes and hail fell as the flames flew up into the sky, creating shards of fire.

"Yesung you're next-"

-

"Hyung wake up!" Tao screamed and Xiumin fell from the bed and the book flipped over onto the floor.

"The book, it has legit writing on it!" he continued screaming.

"What really?" Xiumin said and grabbed the mass of organic material from his side, flip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter