Chapter 5 - Confusing Feelings

What goes around, Comes around

Mina woke up the next day laying in her king sized bed, still fully dressed in yesterdays tear-soaked clothes. Mina sighed - she could honestly say she felt like crap.

She got up and walked towards the en-suite connected to her bedroom, while rubbing her sore eyes. Despite her seemingly thorough examination of her new living place, she had failed to notice that this room was here. She stopped and looked into the mirror on the wall close to the door and almost screamed at her reflection. Not only did she feel like crap, she looked like crap too.

Her usual big, bright, browns orbs, were now swollen, red, puffy eyes. Her face was all red and patchy, her hair looked like a stack of brown coloured straw and drool covered her chin. "Urgh..." Mina sighed and went to have a shower, hoping it would ease her nerves.

When a very tired Mina opened the door, she snapped out of her daze straight away. It was even nicer than the bathroom downstairs! Two things surprised Mina:

1. The shower was huge! You could fit four of the shower she had back home into this much larger and more expensive looking one.

2. It had over 40+ different toiletries and different products placed neatly on a very large white shelf (it took up nearly the legnth of the whole wall). A variety of hair products; shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, hair masks; even things Mina had never used or couldn't afford before like various expensive brand face cream, body lotion, face masks, and more. There were also fluffy towels and washcloths on a smaller shelf below that one, and a big, pink fluffy bathrobe that hung on a hook next to the two shelves.

There was two, big, glass cabinets and chrome cabinets that housed yet even more fluffy towels and similar products. It was like a shop, and Mina wouldn't of been surprised if a shop attendant came to serve her. Mina grabbed what appeared to be a strawberry shower gel off of the large shelf and hopped into the oversized shower room.

There was a large square shower head above her, and multiple jets on the wall beside her. Mina changed it to a comfortable warm temperature, and noticed that there were colour control buttons on the shower control panel. "What are these?" she thought. She pressed them, the bathroom lights dimmed, and the shower head projected a rainbow of colours on to the rest of the shower. She could already feel her tense muscles loosening and her mind relaxing. In that moment, Mina realized she could stay there forever, in seclusion from the rest of the world; just hearing the gentle gushing of water along with the mini Aurora Borealis in her shower.

Mina sighed in relief. It was all going to be ok, she thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of hours later, Mina found herself in the nearby mall. She was shopping for school necessities and school clothes, with a wallet packed full of money from Mrs. Oh. This nostalgic feeling of buying school supplies reminded her so much of home. She wanted to get out of here as soon as she had got the stuff she needed.

The mall was huge, not to mention packed. People filled nearly every inch of the mall, which made it difficult for a mild-mannered petite girl to attempt and squeeze through. Everywhere she looked there were shops, or stalls of some kind, but Mina kept her eyes out for one shop, and one shop only.

She didn't need to stay in this packed, claustrophobic place longer than needed.

After a while of searching for a quite large, but sparsely populated shop selling uniform, Mina finally found the place that sold uniform suitable for her school. She had a quick scan around the shop until she found the uniform that represented her school. Since Mina had a small, petite body, it was awkward to find her size so she chose the smallest size clothes that she could find. Luckily for Mina, there was a changing room. "Thank god!" she thought to herself. "If I took these home and they didn't fit, I would have to come back to this place." The shirt and jumper fit perfectly, but the skirt was a tad too long, so Mina went to find a different size.

Mina didn't even know why she was buying this type of uniform; she was planning on wearing dark over-sized jumpers and what not. Besides, that school was going to be full of rich, attractive, well-polished snobby kids. They would probably be customizing their uniform anyway.

She didn't want to be noticed, she thought wearing dark clothes would help her. After all, she just wanted to blend into the background and be left alone. She didn't want her puffy eyes and matted hair to be the talk of the town - or in this case, school. She would never fit in, so why should she try in the first place?

Mina bought five of each pieces of clothing (as ordered by Mrs. Oh), changed into her original clothes and swiftly left. She wasn't a goth/ emo/ rock chick or anything like that. She loved bright colours; but she just felt like a change. After these past couple of days, she just didn't feel like her usual self.

She felt lonely, outcast, afraid, and wearing this kind of clothing in public areas of put her sub-conscious at ease.

Mina didn't feel sadness though. She was past that. She now felt numbness. She didn't know how she should think of the traumatizing events that have happened in the past couple of days, although sometimes she couldn't help the tears that built up and streamed down her face non-stop.

Mina made her way out of the mall and inserted her iPod headphones, not paying attention to anyone or anything. She started the walk to the way home. When crossing the road, she didn't acknowledge how much traffic there was and because of the music, she couldn't hear the yells of the gang of boys telling her to move away from the road, or the beeping of horns from the cars urging Mina to stop.

Mina looked at them with confusion, but then shrugged them off and ignored them. She started to walk forward but then noticed what was in front of her and froze, too scared to move. All she could focus on was the merchandise lorry that had slipped on a stray ice patch. But what scared her the most was the fact that the lorry was coming towards her at a rapid speed.

Mina stared wide-eyed at the scene unraveling in front of her. Her mind was screaming at her to move out of the way, but her body wouldn't listen.

Suddenly, Mina felt a strong force behind her as strong arms gripped her waist and pulled her backwards.

Mina fell backwards and hit the floor - hard. She groaned and sat up. The lorry had regained control of the steering and was now back on the road safely. Mina noticed that a guy was hovering over her, kind of shielding her. When she looked up and saw his face she recognized him as being Oh Sehun.

"Do you have a death wish!?!? HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU TO WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING?!?" he yelled angrily. Mina was still shocked from everything and all of a sudden Mina's eyes watered.

When Sehun saw the first tears stroll down Mina's cheek he softened,  remembering what she had already been through.

"I-didn't..I.." Mina couldn't even finish her sentence as all the tears and anger Mina had been keeping in had suddenly boiled up and exploded. Her eyes turned dark but her tears would not stop running down her cheeks.

"What is your problem! Why do you even care what happens to me? I am grateful you saved my life, but you don't need to shout at me!" More and more tears flowed out of her eyes, one after another.

She got up and furiously wiped her tears away. "H-hey are you ok-" one of the other boys started, but Mina was embarrassed and humiliated. "Please... leave me alone." she said, her voice shaking, and further tears imminent. She rushed past them as they shouted after her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spontaneously, she decided to add yet another change to her life. She had already changed homes, family, school, so why not change her look? Mina stopped in a Hair & Beauty salon. She had decided to change her hair to a nice Chestnut brown colour and also get it cut so that it was no longer flowing around her waist.

After she left the salon, Mina realized how fed up she was getting of changes. She caught a reflection of herself in a shop window, and the person that stood before her looked like a stranger; a person she had never seen before. She turned away and continued walking so she didn't have to see it anymore.

She carried on traveling the same route home. Then it hit her! She would have to face Sehun if she got home too early. That was something she definitely wanted to avoid. Her solution to this was to spend an hour or two in an Italian restaurant to eat. It wasn't too expensive either, even though the kind Mrs. Oh gave her more than enough money. "Sigh. I'm going to have to get a job one of these days." she thought over in her head while she ate her pasta. Even if she earned half of the money she needed to pay the Oh's back it would be a miracle. She analyzed it carefully. The money for necessary things like her clothes, food, toiletries, even the unnecessary things like Christmas presents, Birthday presents, and her allowance seemed too much to comprehend already. Then there was boring 'grown-up' things like electrical bills, water bills, e.t.c. Not to MENTION the scary amount of money it must of took to renovate the top floor of the house into her own little apartment. It seemed like all these things cost more than she would EVER earn in her life, which was probably true.

She thanked the kind waitress and paid the food bill, making sure to leave a decent tip. Thoughts of finances whirled round in her head like a merry-go-round. It wasn't really worth trying to pay back the Oh's when clearly this much money had been spent on her. It wasn't even sure that Mrs. Oh would accept ANY amount of money. The only definite way to pay back the Oh's was with... love, and to be a good 'daughter'. She wasn't sure about Sehun though, hehe. She chuckled to herself; and a half-smile appeared on Mina's face, which was a rare thing in the last couple of days.

Before she knew it, she was back at the Oh's. Her hand was nearly on the door handle when someone from the inside opened it, nearly causing Mina to fall on to him. She looked up to see a boy, about a head taller than her, with an amused smirk plastered across his tanned face.

"Hey there, sweetie. What are you doing here?" he said, and stepped closer to her. Mina, getting self conscious, stepped back away from him and stuttered out a reply.

"I -  I - I live here.." she said and looked down to avoid his eyes.

"Oh. Well. Sehun didn't tell me about you. By the way, I'm Kai. Nice to meet you, cutie pie." the tanned boy said flirtily, and winked causing her face to flush.

"I'm... Mina." she said, trying to calm her voice and not show un-ease.

"Mina? A pretty lil' name for a pretty lil' lady" Kai said and gave her a cheeky smile, while leaning obnoxiously on the side of the door frame.

"Kai, stop hitting on her, you !" a vaguely familiar voice said, causing both Kai and Mina to blush.

"I - I was not!" Kai denied and rubbed his arm while he avoided Mina's look. Mina couldn't match the familiar voice to a face that she knew so she leaned towards the left an inch as an attempt to see over Kai's shoulder. However, he was too tall and nearly filled the whole of the door frame.

The boy saw Mina's failed attempt to find the source of the voice and stepped out from behind Kai. Mina's eyes widened in recognition.

"Luhan!" Mina thought, remembering his name and their time on the plane together.

Luhan looked up and blinked in surprize as his heart beat increased.

It's her... he thought to himself. "Oh hey, Mina right?" Luhan asked, trying to seem casual even though he remembered her name, alright.

"Yeah, and you're Luhan, correct?" she asked, uncertainty hidden in her voice. Luhan nodded and smiled at her.

Luhan didn't know what it was but he couldn't take his eyes off of Mina. It was like a force was present, that pulled him towards her. An attraction he couldn't brake; like a magnet. They both caught each others eyes and for a moment, it was like they were the only people in the room.

Luhan quickly turned round to hide is emotion. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion to this new sensation.Still turned round, he urged Kai to go back to the room they were originally in. "Come on, Kai. Stop hitting on her, and come back to Sehun's room. He will be back soon, and Mrs. Oh brought us some snacks."

"WOOO!! I hope she has those homemade Hotteok that we had last TIMMEEEE!!!" Kai said excitedly and rushed out of sight. Luhan paused for a second, but then turned round and flashed a friendly smile at Mina.

"Sehun's not here right now, sorry Mina. You will probably have to come back later. Oh wait, you live here right? Well, I'll see you around! Maybe in school, ok?"

Before Mina could say anything, he rushed off with confused feelings. Mina paused, but then turned round and shut the door. Was he acting weird? And what were these... emotions she had never felt before?

With Luhan stuck in a room with a very happy, loud, Kai; and a Mina rushing up the stairs wanting to get out of sight; neither of them said anything, but they both simultaneously thought to themselves:

"What... is this feeling?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A u t h o r s   N o t e

Hey hey hey! Sorry for not updating in a while, ive been busy studying for my last exam which is tomorrow. i have no idea how i managed to fit in this update, but anyway, hope you enjoyed it:D

Also, please comment! you have no idea how much i love to read them, each and every  one of them. ♥♥ 

C o - a u t h o r s  N o t e

Hey guys! If anybody is reading these past chapters, I hope you are enjoying them! I try to edit them to add more detail to the story, while fixing grammatical errors and spelling mistakes  nothing because the author is amaze ;) 

Please tell me if you are enjoying, it would really make this editing worthwhile as it takes LITERALLY HOURS to do. Please comment and subscribe to the story, and if you really like please tell your friends! It would really help out.         ~ otakuandproud24

author: ^^ MY GRAMMAR IS NOT THAT  BAD :(

C o - a u t h o r :^^ Ahem wut are you tlking 'bout crzy woman wth leik