Chapter 2 - On the run

What goes around, Comes around

Wiping the tears that were that were saturating her face, Mina got up and rushed to her parents bedroom. She opened the wardrobe and removed the loose floorboard.

True to her parents word, there was a box full of things that Mina was going to need for her future.

The contents of the box contained a passport, a plane ticket to Seoul and also 2 sets of keys along with a bunch of other things which included collage aplications for the future, apply forms for school and also a new working mobile phone. This was lucky as Mina had damaged hers the previous month. Even in this dire situation, she couldn't help sadly smirking at the past memories of when her 'parents' jokingly scolded her for such a trivial thing.

There were more things in the box. Mina stopped when she noticed two notes, one taped to each set of keys she had found.

She picked up the first note and read it.

This is the key to your new car, when you get to Korea, a man will be waiting for you at the airport. He will be holding a sign with your name on it. You need to go to him and he will have your car. Good luck.

Sighing, Mina picked up the second set of keys. 

Wait... Korea? Mina's heart raced at the thought. Living in a country with a completely different language to your own, where you know nothing about the culture? Why did her parents pick Korea of all places? She had completely nothing to do with the country at all. Mina pushed these thoughts away and continued to examine the second set of keys.

These are the keys to your own apartment. You wont be living there though, thats where you will go if anything bad appears to happen. Good luck.

"Huh? Then where am I going to live?" Mina asked herself, starting to feel neglected. She felt a sharp pang of pain at loss of the people who claimed to be her parents.

Wiping the tears that she didn't realise were falling, she looked through the rest of the box.

There was check of ₩ 5, 000, 000, 000. Mina gasped, "This is a check for more money than I have ever seen in my life! Why would I ever need this much?" Mina found her moms old vintage bag that reminded her of the mother she would never see again. Her mothers faint scent of powder and purfume yet again brought tears to her eyes. She made the decision to put the contents of the box in the bag to keep it safe. The things from the box cluttered the bag full to the brim.

She pulled out the plane ticket and gasped when she realised the plane was going to leave later that night. It was so like her parents to have planned everything out exactly. Rushing, Mina hurridly crammed everything back into the bag without checking what else was in it. She scuffled to her room and started packing.

She got a small suitcase and packed some clothes. Not a lot of them, but some. She struggled with deciding what to pack as much as she struggled to neatly pack them up and fit them into the suitcase. What will the Korean people think of my style? Mina wondered. People in Canada never batted an eye at her Street / Tomboy-ish style, but Korea could be completely different. Or, she could inspire them to change their style. Mina liked this idea! The reality of the situation came quickly crashing back to her, however. How and why was she directing her attention to such trvial matters at a time like this?

Yet again, Mina found herself shaking off these emotions. She seemed to be doing that alot lately, even though she was the kind of person to show her true emotions. Change sure alters people, she thought to herself.

She also packed her new phone, family pictures and her moms jewelery. This prove difficult, as her suitcase was packed nearly to its bursting point with nessecities such as clothes and toiletries, but she managed.

Once she had finished, she took everything she needed down to the sitting room and went into the recently-trashed kitchen to make something quick to eat before going to the airport. Her final meal in the house she had lived in all her life, in the country she would probably never come back to. Ever.

She searched the cupboard and decided to make simple instant ramen. A favourite of hers, but not allowed regularly because of the fat and salt content. Oh, how she would miss her mother worrying about her health.

Half of an hour later, Mina was on her way to the airport. She sat on the bus, looking out the window, mentally waving goodbye to all of her memories of Canada; the place she grew up, went to school, made friends, and the place she would probably never see again.

To get the the airport, Mina had to take a bus to the subway, then a train and 2 other busses. A very long journey for someone who has hardly been outside of Canada. When Mina got to the Subway, she got confused as she had never been on a train before and didn't know which one was the correct one to get on.

Mina looked around. There werent alot of people at the subway, but considering it was 11:30pm, it wasn't really surprising to Mina. Her confused look at the builboards and departure signs were enough to prove that she wasn't a big traveller. There were only a few other people around and they didn't look like they wished to be disturbed. She chose the nicest looking guy from the small selection of people. What could go wrong, right?

She walked up to a guy, who sat alone on a bench.

"Um... Excuse me,sir..." Mina said, but the person who had his back to her didn't reply. She tried tapping his shoulder.

"Sir?" Mina said and tapped him on the shoulder, harder this time.

He turned around with a angry look on his face, but it softened when he saw how desperate and delicate Mina looked.

He took out his earphones and turned his body to face Mina.

"Hey, is there anything you need?" he politely asked Mina,  while she stuttered, shy and scared.

"U-umm...C-could you please help me? Which train do I need to take to get to here?" Mina asked and pointed to the place on the map that she thinked she needed to get to.

"Oh, you need to get on the next train that comes into station-" he looked at his watch.

"Which should be here any second now." He said helpfully, and gave her a confident smile.

"Uhh... thank you very much!" Mina said, and bowed as she didn't feel in the mood to return his smile. "Sorry to trouble you!" She turned around and slowly walked back to the platform without making eye contact.

Mina looked towards the track, where a train had just arrived. She got on the train, deeply wishing that it was the right one. She showed the conductor  her ticket and went to find an ideal seat. The train ride was 3 hours long and Mina felt an overwhelming need to sleep. This was the easiest thing she had done all day. She fell asleep in no time.

Mina finally woke up when she had a nightmare about her parents. She felt her face, only to find it was damp and warm. What would the other passengers think of her crying in her sleep?

Two stops after Mina had woken up, she arrived at her destination. "Wow, that was fast..." Mina said under her breath, and sleepily scratched her head with a sigh.

She made sure to pick up all of her things and left the train. The small distance to the correct bus stop tired her even further, but after 2 hours and bus ride later, she appreciated the breath of fresh air. Mina finally made it to the airport, completely exhausted.

She looked up at the big clock obnoxiously displayed in the Airport. The fatigue was suddenly knocked out of her when she realised that she only had 10 minutes left to board the plane!

Making her way over towards the gates, she heard an announcement:

"All passengers boarding flight 102 please make your way to the departure gate. Thats all patients boarding flight 102 please make your way to the departure gate immediatly,  Thank you!"

Mina looked at her ticket and she realised that 102 was her flight so she picked up her speed. She soon got lost in a crowd of screaming girls and wondered what on earth they was screaming at. Time was quickly running out so she didn't have time to stop and question one of the screaming fangirls. She was in such a hurry she didn't even have time to complain to herself about how much she hated those kinds of people.

She hauled her body around when she realised she was going in the wrong direction. As she turned, her body collided with a body of another person. An asian boy... great! Thought of Korea are JUST what she needed right now. Not.

He stood up, dusted his pants and yelled angrily at her.

"What the hell! Watch where you're going!"

"I-Im sorry.." Mina said, her eyes getting teary.

This worried the boy. He clearly didn't want people to see he made a girl cry! He looked at the brown, silky haired girl (who was still on the floor) wide-eyed and replied:

"H-hey dont c-cry.. I'm sorry! Please don't cry!" he said, the panic showing in his voice.

Mina bit her cheeks to stop herself crying, but all the feelings shes been holding in for the last couple of hours overcame her and she couldn't stop the never-ending flow of tears that flooded down her cheeks, much like a fountain.

She stood up and practically ran through the departure gates, almost knocking the flight attendant over when she showed her her ticket and passport and rushed onto the plane. Mina searched for her seat and after about 3 minutes she finally found it at the very back of the plane. It soon hit her that it was the V.I.P area.

She was seated next to a window, which she was not happy about. She hated heights from a young age, and the fact she had never been on a plane before made it worse.

She sat down, pulled her hood over her head and plugged her earphones in. She soon felt a presence by her side. The warmth reminded her of her moms hugs, which depressed Mina even more. She turned her head slightly to look at this person.

He was asian, but to her, he didnt look Korean. She couldn't her finger on exactly what he was. Chinese, maybe?

He noticed her eyes on him and chuckled. "Hey! Im Luhan! Whats your name?" he said cheerfully. The cheerful mood of this stranger had not much impact on her mood at all, but it reassured her a little.

She snapped out of her daze and replied,

"I'm Mina..." she said quietly, slightly choking on her words.

Luhan realised from the tone of her voice that she didn't want to be bothered, so he just gave her a friendly look and left her be. He was right to do this, as Mina's mood was deteriorating rapidly. She hated to think of the house she had so happily lived in being ripped and torn apart by evil people trying to ruin her life.

Mina turned her head back to face the window to get one last glimpse of Canada as the plane took off.

"Goodbye, old life." 

--------

So, chapter 2!

A bit of a filler chap, but i hope its okay ^^