Chapter 4 - Meeting the Housemates... [Sehun and Mina POV]

What goes around, Comes around

Sehun's POV.

The new girl is coming today.

Mina, I think her name is.

According to my mom, I used to play with her when we were kids.

I hope she is hot! Wait - what am i thinking?!

She just lost her parents. I cant hit on her! Or can I...

Oh god, what is wrong with me? I think it is just all the attention I get from all those fangirls. I am in need of a geniune girl to talk to.

She better not be annoying and clingy like the girls in my class. Ergh.. all fake those girls. Even Hyorin. 

Sometimes, I swear my pencil eraser is more real than them.

Wait? Why do I even care?

It's not like I'm going to talk to her. I won't even know she is here. She will just be another 'extra' in my life, just like an 'extra' in a movie.

I scratched my head and slightly winced at the sharp pain.

Stupid airport girl. She needs to watch where she is going more! Bumping into people like that... sheesh.

Although... I wonder why she was crying? I didn't sound that harsh... Did I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple hours later, I started to get bored and so I decided to play on my xBox.

I was so engulfed in the game that I didn't realise of the girls' arrival until I heard footsteps coming towards this room.  

I took my mind of the game for 5 seconds (FIVE freaking seconds!), and when I glanced at the screen, I had died!

When the footsteps had come to a stop outside the door, I turned around, still annoyed at the game.

The person entered the room, and I instantly recognised her.

It was the girl from the airport.

Or, as my best friend called her, 'The airport girl'.

My lips automatically curved into a smirk.

"Well hello, airport girl." I said sarcastically.

I saw confusion flash across her face, and then realization.

For a moment I could see a hint of shock in her eyes, but that was gone just as quick as it came. She obviously had other things on her mind.

"It's you!" she blurted, wide-eyed.

Duh.

She avoided eye contact and her face flushed.

Must be 'cause of my good looks.

Mina's POV

So awkward. I can't even begin to describe.

We have been here for at least 5 minutes, gathered around the kitchen table with Mrs. Oh, neither of us talking. She's trying repeatedly to engage us in conversation and failing. Theres just an embarassed me and an amusedf... 'Sehun', I think his name is. 

"So-"

"Well, I-"

We both started to talk at the same time, making things even more awkward, if possible. He smirked even further, and shot me a piercing look. I looked away at the first chance I got!

We were both waiting for each other to finish what we had started saying, but it didnt seem like he was going to talk anytime soon. I took the chance while I had it and continued from where I was cut off.

"Well, it was nice meeting you both, but I'm going to go and unpack my things now. Uh, see you." I said and laughed nervously while rubbing my arm. That's it, Mina. Polite and corteous, polite and corteous. Me being 'polite and corteous' seemed to amuse Sehun even further, however.

Then I rushed out of the room, making a complete fool out of myself.

As I was rushing out of the room, I realised that I didnt know where my room was.

I decied that the best idea would be to find Mrs. Oh. But I wanted to avoid being around HIM at all costs.

I walked through a bunch of corridors which contained a lot of closed doors. As I walked and tried to find any clue to where my room was, I examined everything in my path. Everything to the simple oak-crafted tables, to the golden-vine printed walls, to the crystal chandeliers hanging high above every staircase in sight made me sort of exited that I'd be living here for a while. I always loved staying in hotels, and it remimded me of one. But it was missing that comforting aspect that my 'families' home had, back in Canada.

After what seemed like hours of looking for my room, I decided to go back and find someone. Luckily, the Maid saw me, and questioned me as to what was wrong. "Umm..E-Excusee me Ms.. Could you please send me in the direction of my room?" I asked, not wanted to disturb her.

"No need for formalities! Call me Mei! Your bedroom is right this way. dear." The maid- Mei told me kindly and I followed after her as she hurried down the hall.

We went up a flight of stairs, and then we headed towards what looked like an... elevator??

As we neared it, I noticed that it was, indeed, a lift.

How rich are these people?!?!

We went up and up in this enclosed space, and I had queasy feeling deep in the pits of my stomach. I had never liked the feeling of being in a lift.

We left the lift and came across a fairly empty room. It had a white marble floor, and on the right side of the room was a window with black frames and a white blind. On the left side, there was a set of marble, curving stairs; with a black banister. The only other things in this white washed room was an oak coffee table that displayed a vase of white liles, and the monochrome lift behind us. Wow, I had a LIFT up to my bedroom? 

"You're lucky dear, Mrs. Oh has transformed the entire top floor and attic into a penthouse-style bedroom for you. Trust me, you will be amazed." the maid said, and chuckled sneakily.

When we entered the room, Mei the maid looked at me expectantly. I froze, and my jaw dropped so far, it touched the floor.

It was like a house! It even had a kitchen.

I'm the luckiest girl on the planet!

You know, apart from all this 'parents not really being my parents and abandoning me' issues.

Mei left shortly after, giving me a chance to explore. The lounge was a massive black and white room, housing a giant HD TV and entertainment system, along with many other little gadgets and expensive looking furniture. The kitchen was again, black, white, and metallic and contained kitchen essentials such as an oven with built in induction hob and timer; fridge, two cupboards, microwave. However, Mrs. Oh had clearly done her reasearch. There were things that were accustomed to me, like an electric kettle (not commonly used in Asia, I think) and Canadian foods in the fridge. There was even a little breakfast bar with stools, and fruit bowl containing various fruit. There was a roomy, white bathroom connected to the lounge; the other side of the kitchen door. I examined it. It seemed extremely clean, with the basic nesesities and two large windows that reached from the floor to the celing, both with white blinds on.

There seems to be an absence of colour in this house.

There were stairs on the far side of the lounge, which went up the side of it and towards me, into a room I could not yet see.

I walked up these stairs, and when I entered my bedroom, it shocked me all over again. The four poster bed, the fluffy carpet, the large dressing table with built in mirror, the desk with Macintosh desktop computer, the chest of draws, coffee table, bedside table, built in wardrobe? I didn't have enough energy to truly comprehend just how amazing it was. I wanted to sleep more than anything, so I layed down on the bed.

I was lying down on the bed when I started thinking.

Why didnt they tell me?

I had the right to know they weren't my parents.. And now I wont ever see them again...

Salty tears rolled down my face as I thought over what has happened in the last couple of days. It was a miracle  I still had enough water and salt left in my body to cry.

Just 48 hours ago I was having lunch with the people who claimed to be my parents while laughing, and now I'm living with complete strangers in a country I barely know. How can I trust these people?

But I knew I had to. They were my only option, and besides; mom and dad trust them. They have already done so much for me. Why would they leave me with irresponsible people after 17 years?

But, do you know what makes EVERYTHING worse?

Even when they told me, they told me on a piece of paper with not much detail. Even if I know every detail of why the had to leave, it feels like I know next to nothing.

"Why didnt they just tell me..." I whispered, choking back a sob.

Thats how I fell asleep.

Crying my heart out. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for short chapter.. OTL.

How do you like the story so far? 

Please;

C o m m e n t , v o t e &  s u b s c r i b e. -PennythePanda101