002

Don't Go

002

Luhan finally arrived at home. He unlocked the door and went inside his room to stack his bag of money away with the other money he got from Yongguk. It was a truck load of money he kept but he didn’t expose it to anyone, not even his trusted friends, to the money he had. He was going to keep it safe.

He dropped on his bed, tried from today. Smuggling drugs can be hard even when it’s from a family member that is both dangerous and somewhat evil. It didn’t bother Luhan that he took drugs from his uncle; his uncle doesn’t even help his family in the first place.

Luhan reached into his right pocket where he left the necklace. He took it out once more to examine it. He knew he should return it to the young woman, Jieun, but he had no idea where she was. All he knew was that she is pretty and must be rich judging by the look of the necklace and the clothes Jieun was wearing. Only people who had money could afford things like that.

One thing that was bothering Luhan was his curiosity. He wanted to know about Jieun. Though he didn’t want to think about her, something about her caught his attention. He didn’t know why but when he saw her, he was drawn to her. He shook the thought of her out of his mind and thought about his mother who is dancing for erts at a bar so she could get paid to take care of the family. The thought of his father came up as well. Luhan thought he might be getting drunk or wasting his money again.

Luhan was home all alone. He liked the feeling. It made him feel at peace for once. There was no other choice for Luhan except for sleeping and that’s what he did. He fell asleep.

When Luhan woke up it was already morning. He got up from bed and looked around his room.

“I fell asleep for that long;” he said “Wow I must have been tired.”

He went down stairs. There was no one. It was empty. He figured his mother didn’t wake up and she was still sleeping.

It was a school day but he didn’t feel like going. He wasn’t planning on going anyways. Luckily, he got a text from one of his friends, Xiumin, saying that he and the guys aren’t going to school today. Once Luhan read the message he went up and got ready for a day of not going to school.

While Luhan was done getting ready, he looked over at Jieun’s necklace. For some odd reason he had this feeling that he should bring it along with him. He took the necklace putting it in his pocket, heading out to meet his friends.

Xiumin told him to meet at the pier. He had no idea why they would want to go there but as long he didn’t go to class he was fine with that.

Luhan reached the pier meeting his crazy friends.

“Look, Luhan’s here” Kris pointed out. Lay walked to Luhan. Luhan looked sleepy.

“Hey you came” said Xiumin.

“Explain to me why we’re here?” asked Luhan.

“Because one of the teachers has a day off and he is in the spot where we normally are.” explained Chen.

“If he sees us then we get caught.” added Tao.

“Yup, besides it’s been a while since we been here” said Xiumin.

“Alright.” agreed Luhan.

They spent the whole day at the pier chatting and annoying the fishermen. Luhan stayed back and looked at the necklace the whole time. The guys came over and noticed Luhan looking at the necklace.

“What’s this.” asked Kris. He saw the picture of Jieun and thought it was the perfect time to tease Luhan.

“Is this your girlfriend?” teased Tao.

“You never told us you had a girlfriend.” Chen snickered.

“She’s not my girlfriend. I just found this.” said Luhan.

They rest of the day they were still at the pier until it was getting dark. They all walked back to the town and went for a treat. After the treat they went home. They all went in the same direction except for Luhan.

“You coming.” asked Lay.

“I’m not going home just yet” said Luhan.

“Then where are you going to be.”

“I’ll be here. I just don’t want to go home right now.”

“Alright, see you”

They all left and Luhan was there alone wandering the streets. He didn’t want to go home yet. There was no point of going home since no one was going to be there. It didn’t feel like a home at all.

Luhan stopped walking and leaned on a wall of an alleyway. He took a deep breath in. he closed his eyes for a moment and tried to escape reality. But that was ruined when he heard a scream close by. It wasn’t his business to go check. He didn’t even want to but something in his gut told him to figure out what was happening.

He ran to the place where he heard the scream. He reached the place of the scream. There he saw a group on men, five of them, surrounding one woman. Luhan realized who the men were. It was Taeyang and his gang of drunken monkeys, who work for his uncle and are completely terrified of him and somewhat of Luhan, holding a young woman captive. Luhan looked at the young woman and he then realized it was Jieun.

She was trapped and surrounded by a bunch of drunken men who had an intention of her. Luhan could tell she was helpless.

“Come one baby” said Taeyang in a moth voice as he came closer to her. Jieun backed up but was pushed forward by Daesung. She looked in every direction she could to find an escape route but there was none available. Taeyang took her hand but she shook it off and slapped him right in the face. Taeyang was pissed. He clenched his fist and aimed it at Jieun. But before he could hit her, he was stopped by Luhan.

Luhan was in front Jieun protecting her from the hit. Taeyang looked at Luhan. There was a sudden fear in his eyes.

“Luhan” gasped Taeyang.

“Didn’t your mother teach you not to hit girls” Luhan released his hands. Taeyang’s group was behind Taeyang. They didn’t want to deal with Luhan.

“What are you doing in the middle of the night with her? Do you want me to report this to my uncle?” threaten Luhan. They shook their heads.

“Get out” snapped Luhan. They all scrammed. Once they were all gone, Luhan looked at Jieun who was terrified. She looked like she was about to cry. Jieun looked at her savior. Luhan was coming closer to her but she backed away.  He was confused.

“Stay away” commanded Jieun.

“What?”

“Don’t’ come near me”

“Do you really think I’m going to hurt you?”

“You’re not going to hurt me”

“Hey, I saved you and you think I’m going to hurt you.”

“Sorry”

“It’s fine”

There was a long silence between them.

“Are you forgetting something.” said Luhan.

“Huh”

“You know a two letter word.”

“Um…”

“Really now”

“Oh…thank you.”

“See”

There was a little giggle from Jieun.

“I’m Luhan”

“Nice to meet you Luhan; I’m Ji-“

“Your name is Jieun. I know.”

“Wait how did you-“

Luhan took out the necklace from his pocket. Jieun grabbed it from his hand.

“How did you-“

“Remember when we bumped into each other.”

“You’re the guy I bumped into. Oh my god. I’m sorry I made you fall down.”

“No worries.”

“Anyways thank you again.”

“Whatever.”

Luhan began walking. Jieun was confused. He turned back around. “Are you coming or not?”

She nodded her head and walked with him.