Chapter 5

Rebuilding What We Had
     "S-Sora?"
 
     "Yes. Sora. Is something wrong?"
 
     "N-no. I-it's just... Your name. I-It sounds familiar." BaekHyun lied. The woman named Sora gently smiled and extended her arm in the boy's direction. BaekHyun would have shaken it if he wasn't so lost in his own tumbleweed, skidding across an empty desert. ChanYeol noted the alarm in his eyes and the quiver in his bottom lip. His wife saw it as well and frowned.
     "Sweetheart. Are you okay?"
 
     "U-uh, yes. Yes, I'm fine. Actually, uh, Chan... I have to go. I'm sorry." BaekHyun quickly mumbled. It was difficult to say those words, as he felt like a coward, always leaving ChanYeol like this. ChanYeol kept on his toes, though.
     "No! BaekHyun. Why must you always do this? Please. Stay." Now he was making a scene. By the second, SoRa was becoming much more curious about this boy ChanYeol begs to stay. She leaves every night, sometimes for no reason whatsoever, yet ChanYeol had never once begged her to linger around. They must have a special connection.
     "C-ChanYeol. I have something to do! Please-" ChanYeol harshly grabbed BaekHyun's wrist and held him back.
 
     "Then tell me. Tell me what it is that's so important that you have to leave the moment you stepped into my house."BaekHyun had an array of answers in his head, but not a single one of them seemed plausible enough. So he remained silent.
     "Then stay. Stay and talk to me. Tell me what's been on your mind."
 
     "ChanYeol.. I-I.." BaekHyun felt his lips slightly part as he stared deep into ChanYeol's large, chocolate eyes. He was being a worthless friend right now, wasn't he? ChanYeol felt his heart beat quicken the longer he stared into BaekHyun's glazed eyes and all he could think about was how beautiful BaekHyun looked tonight. Was he wearing eyeliner this morning? Has he ever worn eyeliner? If so, ChanYeol never noticed, but he wished he had. BaekHyun had the most gorgeous  eyes-
 
     "Uh.. I'll be going now." SoRa cleared loud enough for the two to swiftly turn their heads in her direction, both blushing intensely. ChanYeol released the boy's hand and furrowed his eyebrows.
 
     "SoRa. You're leaving early today."
 
     "I know, but HyunSoo needs me at work right now. And besides, you have your little friend here to keep you company." At the remark, BaekHyun's eyes widened. Little? Was he not wearing enough insoles today? No. That's probably not what she meant.
 
     "Okay. Bye sweetheart." ChanYeol walked to his wife's side and softly pressed his lips against her own. A sharp pain appeared in BaekHyun's chest, but he decided it was best to ignore it.
     SoRa waved goodbye to her husband and his friend and left the mansion, not even daring to look back. Why would she? Her husband seems to be doing perfectly fine without her.
 
     The autumn air was cold, and the fact that she had to walk didn't make it any more bearable. Apparently, they could afford a mansion for more than half a billion ₩ and eat gourmet food every night, but they couldn't afford a lousy Prius. ChanYeol somehow seems to make the best of it, spending everyday in a crowded bus, mixing breaths with nearly everyone around him.
 
     The walk to HyunSoo's apartment was brief and agitating. Far too many thoughts were surrounding her head for this to be a decent night.
     SoRa knocked on the door.
     The door opened and out came a middle aged man in khakis and a bright green sweater. He smiled at SoRa.
 
     "Ah~ SoRa. Come in." She did so.
 
     "Where's ChanYeol?" HyunSoo questioned.
 
     "He's at home. He brought someone over."
 
     "Is it a girl?"
 
     "No. It was a boy. Ugly little thing, too." She said, recalling BaekHyun's terrified face. 
     "ChanYeol isn't the type to care about looks, so it made sense that he'd befriend someone as horrid looking as that kid. I don't even remember his name." SoRa snorted. HyunSoo watched carefully as the moonlight fell beautifully on ChanYeol's wife. HyunSoo began to wonder if ChanYeol had even minded SoRa, as he never attempted to stop her when she leaves to another man's house every night. Of course, he never knew she was at his house, rather than her job.
     "SoRa. Since you're here early, why don't we have a glass of wine first?" HyunSoo spoke into the silent air and patiently waited for a response. SoRa didn't take long.
 
     "No, HyunSoo. Let's just do this the way we've been doing it every night." SoRa gripped HyunSoo's tie and dragged him into another room, smirking at the thought of a night of rough .

     "You should really get to know SoRa. She's really nice."

 
     "Is that so?" BaekHyun asked. She did seem to be a fair woman. Most likely a better partner than BaekHyun had ever been. He sighed at the thought and made eye contact with the carpeted floors.
     "Oh. Hey, you still need to tell me what's been bothering you. Go sit on the couch and I'll get some liquor."
 
     "liquor?"
 
     "Yes, liquor. Do you not drink?" BaekHyun held his breath. The thought of any alcoholic substances entering his body had never even crossed his mind, so this was a problem. What if he drank so much he became drunk? He had never been drunk prior to tonight. Would he do something retarded or regrettable?
 
     "Um. Okay. I can take liquor. Yeah... I can drink liquor."
 
     "Great. I'll be back."
 
 
Don't drink too much, BaekHyun. Don't drink too much. The boy told himself.
 
 
___________________________________________
 
I need feedback!!! *Puppydog eyes*
Tell me what you thought~^^
Don't be silent reader^^