Chapter 2

Rebuilding What We Had
     BaekHyun spent the days carefully conversing with ChanYeol. He never mentioned anything too personal and he never brought up the topic of relationships. It was stupid, yes. Any normally functioning human being would kill for the opportunity to restart their relationship. Even if it does include the word 'restart'. But BaekHyun was different. He understood that if he were to confess to ChanYeol, whoever ChanYeol had as a partner would get screwed. And BaekHyun doesn't want whatever lucky bastard to lose something as amazing as ChanYeol. Believe him, he knows how it feels and he wouldn't desire anyone to feel a similar type of pain.
 
     Whatever question ChanYeol asked, BaekHyun made damn sure his answers were short, sweet, and simple. Sometimes laced with necessary lies. You can guarantee BaekHyun asked questions that required long, descriptive replies. Luckily, ChanYeol had always been the type of man to give such answers.
     BaekHyun just adored ChanYeol's deep voice reciting stories of his past. Everytime an exciting section of his story built up, so did the amount of butterflies in BaekHyun's stomach. Ah~. Now he remembers the reason he begged ChanYeol to tell him bedtime stories, as childish as that may sound.
 
     ChanYeol seemed to lead a different life. His hair, his facial features, his taste in clothing, even his accent is somewhat different. The only thing that remained precisely the same was his tremendous smile. BaekHyun discovered that ChanYeol had been gone so long due to a passion to explore the world. A world BaekHyun could only dream to know of.
 
     "And we dove into the water, like this."
 
     "Ah, jeongmal? I don't know how to swim."
 
    "Ah, but it gets better, BaekHyun. You see, while I was diving, I slammed my head against one of the rocks and got knocked out."
 
 
A loud siren abruptly went off in BaekHyun's head.
 
 
     "Wait. Did this have any repercussions?" BaekHyun asked, his voice sounding almost murderous. ChanYeol didn't appear to have realized this and he answered back with just as much enthusiasm as before.
 
     "Ah, yes. I received short term memory loss. But it's all better now."
 
The bus jerked to a stop.
 
     "I-I'm sorry, ChanYeol. This is my stop." BaekHyun quickly stood up and headed towards the door.
     
 
     "Wait, BaekHyun, you don't usually get off here. Is something wrong?"
 
 
"No, ChanYeol, just shut up and take this chance to breathe. Until then, just back off and leave me alone."