Chapter 3

Rebuilding What We Had
     For weeks, now, the only way BaekHyun arrived at work was by feet or, every now and again, even a taxi. The only thing driving him back into riding the bus again was the fact that he was threatened to get fired if he continued appearing late. He thought that maybe if he saw ChanYeol again, the pain would have been forgotten and replaced with happiness at the sight. Wrong.
     He hesitantly stood at the familiar bus stop, hoping not to see ChanYeol when he enters the crowded space. His anxiousness only rose once the bus paused before himself and a few other business men. The moment he set foot in the bus, the first thing he noticed was a certain brunette in the very back, an empty seat right beside him. BaekHyun frantically tried to find another seat but it was too late as for ChanYeol already recognized him.
    "Ah! BaekHyun! BaekHyun! Here! Here! It's me! ChanYeol! Come sit next to me! Pleeaassee~!" ChanYeol whined loud enough for BaekHyun to cringe in anger and to also receive mutiple shushes from the older group of individuals.
     BaekHyun knew he shouldn't have been mad at ChanYeol for something he obviously doesn't remember, but it still felt like a sharp slap across the face to be forgotten by the one person who promised not to. He slowly waddled towards ChanYeol's seat.
 
Once he sat down, he received a large surprise from ChanYeol. A hug.
 
     "Oh, lord! BaekHyun! Where have you been? Did I scare you off? Do you not like me anymore? Did I do something wrong? You can tell me anything BaekHyun, I promise!"
 
     BaekHyun was more of less mortified by the strong arms wrapped around his midsection disallowing his breath to flow correctly. He tried to comprehend everything tumbling out from ChanYeol's lips with a deep frown.
 
     "Jagiya. Please let go of me."
 
     ChanYeol paused. "Jagiya? Since when have you started addressing me like that? I thought I was 'hyung'."
 
     "O-o-oh, right. ChanYeol Hyung." BaekHyun's voice was small and broken in comparison to ChanYeol's loud, worried voice. It caught the giant's attention immediately, which only caused many more questions to be asked. BaekHyun tried to blink back the tears as he reluctantly yelled at ChanYeol.
 
     "ChanYeol, please, stop. Get your hands off of me."
 
     This surprised the other as he slowly retracted his arms with wide eyes. BaekHyun had never yelled at ChanYeol. Even when they were in a relationship, never did BaekHyun dare raise his voice at the older. But this was just the beginning.
 
     "ChanYeol. I did not come back for you, I came back for my job. I was told that if I was late once more, I would lose my job. I don't care if I lose a new friend."
 
     BaekHyun could have sworn his voice was stern and steady, but all ChanYeol heard was a melancholic voice speaking slurred words. Why did BaekHyun's eyes possess so much suffering? Had ChanYeol hurt him without knowing it? Did he say something to put him in pain?
 
 
"BaekHyun..... You're crying."