Prologue

Rebuilding What We Had
     I looked out the window of the bus I was riding and watched the rain race to the cemented grounds of Busan, feeling awfully tired of my job today. My face nearly smacked against the seat in front of me once the bus came to an abrupt halt. Once I got over the initial shock, I collected myself and observed the different types of people that entered the stuffy block of transportation with a certain boredom. Once again, the bus continued to move at a horribly slow pace.
     I arrived home at midnight which caused me to almost fall into a deep sleep at my doorstep. My bed felt like a safe sanctuary compared to the uncomfortable bus seat, which felt like a special seat they reserve in hell. My eyes nearly closed completely before I recalled part my evening routine.
     I lifted the picture frame on my nightstand and kissed it.
 

     "Goodnight, ChanYeol~. I hope you're smiling tonight"


     I woke up with a deep frown on my face, as usual, and moped over to the shower. I did what I normally committed to doing in the mornings ; Cook breakfast, Get dressed, eat breakfast, check my e-mails, check my voice messages to confirm whether ChanYeol had called or not, and left for work. I sped-walked to the bus stop as I was running late this particular morning. After 3 minutes the bus was in sight and so was my relief. The many people in business suits piled into the bus, one by one.

     I assumed a breezy ride but almost as soon as the bus began to move, it halted a lot faster than what I would have liked. The bus driver seemed agitated as well because as soon as the stranger strolled right on in, he glared at the tall boy. There were no more seats left except for the one next to mine, which was way in the back. He searched around like a lost puppy for an extra seat which made me giggle from how cute he looked.
     He finally found the seat beside mine and made a straight line for it. Once he sat in the seat I looked at him. He seemed oddly familiar. I think I was staring too long because, eventually, he turned to look at me and asked in a deep voice, "What?"
 
Suddenly it came to me.
 
"ChanYeol!"