Chapter 1

Rebuilding What We Had

"Yes?"

 

     "Yah! ChanYeol! It's you! Ah, it's been such a long time since I've seen you!" BaekHyun could feel his large eyes well up with tears of joy. 6 years! For 6 years BaekHyun had been waiting to see his boyfriend back from his supposedly year-long business trip. He almost wrapped his arms around ChanYeol and kissed him until a deep voice brought him out of his happiness.

 

 

"Uhh... Do I know you?"

 

 

     As quick as BaekHyun's smile reached his face, all his hopes and dreams were crushed.

 

"What?"

 

"Do I know you?"

 

     BaekHyun was in a deep mode of panic which was probably the reason he said,

 

"D-d-uuh-A friend! A childhood friend. C'mon, don't you remember me ChanYeol?"

 

"Uhh...O-oh yeah! Ummm, you're...."

 

"BaekHyun."

 

"Right! BaekHyun! How have you been, buddy?"

 

     BaekHyun looked down in disappointment and pain. Does ChanYeol not remember him? After all the years they spent together? After all the years BaekHyun had waited for ChanYeol? It was all for nothing?

     For 30 minutes, BaekHyun kept his 'childhood friend' facade on until the bus reached ChanYeol's place of work. Once they did, the taller faced BaekHyun with a large smile and whipped his wallet out.

 

"BaekHyun-ssi. Have my phone number and call me."

 

     ChanYeol handed BaekHyun a small slip of paper before exiting the bus.

 

 

That's when BaekHyun let the first tear out.


     BaekHyun tried not to cry after work, he really did, but as soon as he entered his house, he leaned on the door and stared into space for a moment before sliding down and settling his head inbetween his knees. Soon, tears were integrated in his work slacks and his head hurt like a . He stood up and searched for something to throw before finding the picture of ChanYeol he had kissed everynight he was away. He threw it in a random direction in a fit of rage. He, then, ran in a towards the wall before repeatedly smacking his head against it, blood trickling to the ground. It hurt...so bad. But it didn't hurt nearly as much as realizing he's lost ChanYeol.