Chapter 4

Rebuilding What We Had

"BaekHyun..... You're crying."

 

     Huh? BaekHyun reached up to the area directly below his right eye and gasped. Sure enough, he felt a warm liquid gently ooze from his socket, causing his vision to slightly blur. This was not good. He had to leave. He had to leave now. Oh, but the bus was still moving!

    BaekHyun gazed out the window and saw every tree and pedestrian moving in what felt like lightning speed. This caused an inhumane amount of tears to cascade down his eyes at a rapid pace. There was no way out of the bus, now. He settled his right hand on his chest in an attempt to calm down his rampant breathing.

 

     "BaekHyun! BaekHyun! Are you alright? Are you having a heart attack? Seizure? Tell me, tell me, please?" ChanYeol asked frantically. He placed his hand over BaekHyun's own and that's when the younger lost it.

     He gripped ChanYeol's work shirt and dove his face into the other's broad chest, tears not wanting to die out. ChanYeol flinched, shocked at the sudden gesture, but caressed his back, nonetheless

 

     "Hey, hey, hey. It's alright. If you had troubles, you should have just came to me. I mean, it's not like were complete strangers."

 

His sobbing only increased.

 

     "H-hey, BaekHyun. If you want, after work, you can come to my house. Talk to me, please. I really want to get to know you more." No, no, no, no, no. BaekHyun thought. If I go to his house, I will do something I might regret.

 

"I'd love to."


     BaekHyun and ChanYeol sat in the small bus accompanied by silence until they arrived at ChanYeol's gigantic mansion.

 

     "See that, Baek?. There's my house. Right there." ChanYeol pointed to a large figure a short distance away. At the fascinating sight, BaekHyun gasped loudly.

 

     "Wow, ChanYeol hyung. You must be rich!"

 

     "Ah, just wait 'till you get inside. It's really gorgeous, to be honest."

 

     And ChanYeol really wasn't pulling BaekHyun's leg, now was he? This house must have cost millions!! BaekHyun thought as he extended his two arms and twirled about, his eyes shut tightly. ChanYeol chuckled at his friend's child-like behavior as he locked the front door.

     "You really like it, don't you, BaekHyun?" he asked.

 

     "Yes, I-"

 

     "ChanYeol?" A voice rang out. Abruptly, out the kitchen came a stunning woman wearing expensive clothing. She sweetly smiled in ChanYeol's direction and strolled over to his side. She hugged him

 

     Suddenly, ChanYeol perked up.

 

"Ah, how rude of me. Let me introduce you. SoRa, this is my new friend, Byun BaekHyun. BaekHyun, meet my wife, Park SoRa."