Better

Two Years

Everything is becoming better.

Jongin admitted his feelings for me one day. We've been together for 2 years now, and we're going to get married soon. We've been friends since school and now look where we are. I never would have thought in my life, I'd be standing at the alter with Kim Jongin; dorky, shy, bubbly Kkamjong Jongin. 

I reached for a breadstick from the basket at the center of the table. Jongin had taken me out for dinner tonight randomly. He doesn't look so good, considering he's really jittery and nervous. I told him we could go another time but he insisted on coming. I pulled out the bread and something fell on my plate. I picked up the mysterious item and came to realize it was a ring. I froze.

Jongin took a deep breath and picked up the ring and bent down on one knee, "Suprise. I would have never pictured myself here years ago, but now that it's really happening, I am happy it's happening. Jagiya, I love you more than you could ever know. You're one of the strongest and bravest people I know. I look up to you even though you're shorter than me." He chuckled. 

"You're sweet, kind and perfect. I don't know how I was able to be in this position. Chanyeol hyung told me to protect you in a dream once. Little did I know, that I'd be falling in love with you. At first, I was nervous but you soon opened your heart to me and I realized I shouldn't be scared."

"I would only want to change you once and that would be your last name. So, if you would, will you marry me?"

Not only has it been two years with Jongin, it had been two years without Chanyeol. I can't lie and say I haven't missed him cause I have. Those nights, I'd see him in my dreams. We'd smile, laugh and talk about how I was doing. I can't lie and say that sometimes I didn't wish he was still with me on Earth, so I could marry him but I realized that God did what he did so I could become close with Jongin. Last time I had seen Chanyeol was 5 months ago, the night Jongin proposed to me. 

I woke up and found myself blinded by a gorgeous smile. I couldn't help but smile and poke the figure's cute cheeks. "Hi Chanyeol oppa." He raised me up and pulled me into a hug immediately. His voice was muffled in my shoulder where he rested his head. "Congrats." 

He pulled away and moved the hair to behind my ears. "I know you're going to be the prettiest bride in the world. Jongin is one lucky guy." 

His voice was soft, but loud enough for me to hear. His hands were trembling and his lips quivering. He leaned in, but only patted my back, giving me a thumbs up.

For the rest of my dream, he blinked alot and kept excusing himself saying that something was caught in his eyes. He rubbed them and a tear would leak out from the corner of his eyes. He would laugh it off and continue to talk. His voice shook whenever he would reply to me as I talked about Jongin and my plans for the wedding. 

~~

The day soon came, and I was nervous as heck. I linked arms with my father and walked down the red carpeted floor laced with flower petals thrown by my flower girls. I looked around, people were crying tears of joy, and there were smiles all around. My father squeezed my hand one last time before letting go and releasing me up at the alter. Jongin took my hands in his and caressed my cheek from behind the veil. 

Before I knew it, the two magical words that would link us together forever were said, and I found my lips against his. Cheers exploded from the crowd and he pulled away, crushing me into a hug. 

We boarded our horse carriage. A special suprise from Jongin since he always knew I loved fairytale weddings and anything of that sort. The horse's hooves clicked against the ground as we reached our reception location. We crossed under a path full of cherry blossoms. One landed on Jongin's nose. He chuckled and blew it off, it flew off high in the sky until I couldn't see it anymore. 

We spent our night, together as Mr. and Mrs. Kim. He promised the only time he'd try to change something about me, would be my last name. He kept his promise. 

~~

I sat on the floor, rummaging through boxes trying to figure out what to throw away and what to keep when we move to our new house. I found old polaroids of Jongin and I and our friends from college. There was Baekhyun and Sehun and in the background was me in the air held by Jongin and Chanyeol. I smiled as I skimmed through the pictures. I neatly piled them and put them in their own special box. 

Jongin finished packing his load and now he was helping me finish up with my own things.

"Oppa I can't find Chanyeol's notebook!!" I rummaged through my empty room frantically. "Oppa, I NEED that book!!" I hadn't opened it in awhile after I finished the last entry. 

 

June 9th

Yes!! Tomorrow will be the day I get to go home to my beautiful angel. It has been a tough and tiring two years. So much training and work, but that's not what tired me out and made my years rough. It was missing my beautiful angel. Not being able to hear her voice all the time or wake up and know I'd get to see her. I'm currently packing right now. I'm actually going to somehow miss this place alot. From the hard beds to the disgusting cafeteria food. Baekhyun, Sehun and Jongin are currently packing too. I kind of took a break to write this entry. Tomorrow, before we go, I'm going to visit the shooting ring, to wish the new recruits luck!

I can't wait to go home. I've waited too long for this day. I can't wait to see my angel <3

 

I ran around the house and I couldn't find it. I felt like crying. It was one of the few things I had from him and I didn't want to lose it. I fell to my knees and cried. Jongin rushed over and kissed my head. "It's okay, we'll find it okay? Just go out to the truck, I promise I will find it for you okay?" He lead me to the door and told me to go downstairs.

~~

(JONGIN'S POV)

 

Where is it...where is it...I ran around the empty house rummaging through every cabinet, and room. I entered her room and looked around.

We left behind a nightstand and a dresser, since at the new house, I got her new ones. I pushed the dresser away from the wall and found the notebook, dusty and a bit bent. I picked it up and dusted it off. It looked like she hadn't opened it for a long time. 

I clutched the book and smiled. "It's okay hyung, I got it for her." I put it to my chest before rushing out to her once more.

~~

(YOUR POV)

 

Jongin came running up to the truck waving the notebook in the air. "YOU FOUND IT!!!" I squealed and ran out to hug him. He handed me the book and I gave him a big kiss. "You don't know how much this means to me oppa! I love you so much, thank you!"

We drove to our new house. It was outside of Seoul. It wasn't too big but big enough for a decent sized family and maybe even a pet. Jongin and I decided to leave the city and get out and find fresh air. This was the new beginning for me, for us. 

 

"Close your eyes and don't peek!"
 
Jongin had his hands around my eyes leading me somewhere strange. The air was fresh and crisp unlike the city muggy air. I felt something soft under my feet, like grass. He had blind folded me and told me he was taking me somewhere special. He released his hands and I opened my eyes. I almost cried when I saw a beautiful house before me. It was a beautiful taupe colored house with a big, green lawn to compliment it. 
 
"All ours..."
 

I opened the door and smiled. The walls were freshly painted with all the windows opened. I slipped off my shoes and went into the living room which had big windows revealing our backyard. 

We decorated everything ourselves, meaning this home was officially ours.

Jongin and I sat on the tarped floors covered in paint. "Aish, who's idea was it to have a paint fight?!" I grumbled watching green pain drop from my hair.

Jongin chuckled before wiping the paint off my cheek. "Hey, mianhe jagiya, but if it makes you feel better, I think you look beautiful." 

I ran my hands against the pale green walls which gave the house a fresh feel. I spun around in the big, empty living room when I felt someone grab my waist. His lips pressed against my cheek as I smiled.

"It's perfect oppa." He nodded and turned me to kiss me once more.


Just a small summary on what happened. Next chapter will be my last and since this is an angst....sad. Mianhe but hey, that's how it works xD Subscribe and Comment!