Envelope

Two Years

I ran my fingers across his soft, fuzzy head. His once, lush black hair was now replaced with a buzz cut. His ears peeked out and so did his gorgeous eyes. I don't know how he does it, but his beautiful eyes and smile somehow always make me smile too. Even at a time like this, he has a silly smile on his face and I couldn't help but smile behind my tears.

He removed my hand from his head and kissed each finger as he grabbed my other in his own. In between kisses to my finger tips, he whispered sweet nothings. "I. Love. You. So. Much." Tears slipped from my eyes when his name grew closer to being called. 

"Park Chanyeol." It was over, and my wait has begun. He pulled me in for one last, long passionate kiss. He kissed me hungrily before pulling away. He pulled me tightly into his embrace. "Two years beautiful and I'll be back to marry you."

His name was called once again and he let go. He kissed my lips one last time before running into his line and entering the building. 

Two years. That's all I needed to do. Wait for two years.


I have been sitting at my door for the last two days waiting for him to knock on my door and pull me into his warm hugs that I have been waiting so long for. We saw each other only on Christmas and only for a few hours since he wanted to his family as well. As I was day dreaming about what we'd do once he got home, my doorbell rang. I wasted no second when I ran to the door and pulled it open. My gaze fell on three tall men, in uniform frowning holding a package. 

"Hi, can I help you?" Hurry and leave before Chanyeol oppa gets back...

The first one pulled me into a hug and patted my back. "BWOH?! GET OFF. I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!" But he kept holding me tightly. I fought as I hit his back repeatedly. He let me go and that's when I looked at his face more clearly. It was Jongin, one of Chanyeol's good friends. What the..?

I looked at the others and noticed it was Baekhyun oppa and Sehun. I hardly recognized them in their uniforms. Their hair was starting to slowly grow back. Their scrawny bodies from when we got out of college together were now replaced with strong, muscled and defined bodies. "I'm sorry, not that I didn't miss you guys but,..why are you here."

They all exchanged glances. "You want to tell her hyung?" "Sehun, just tell her." "No, Jongin hyung you do it." "You have the package" "Yeah but..." 

"YAAAH!!!" I screamed. They all went silent and Jongin took a deep breath. "Here, just open the box. You know where to find us." I was puzzled by their words and I was going to ask where Chanyeol was, when they suddenly turned and left without saying goodbye.

I shrugged and guessed they were just tired. The box was small and wrapped in a brown paper. It was addressed to me...

From Chaneyol?

I carefully unraveled the red string that held it all close. The paper fell to the sides and it revealed a small leather box. I opened it to find a bunch of random things and a notebook. I saw a pink envelope and opened it.  A piece of worn down paper was inside and I pulled it out gently hoping not to rip it or anything. 

 

Dear my love,

    I am writing to you from a hospital bed. I am sorry to say I can't come home. Things turned out differently and I am on a different path now. I guess God had different plans for me beautiful. I asked Jongin and the others to give you this since I can't myself. Well, I should probably tell you why now beautiful but please promise me that you will not cry okay? It's a command and I need you to promise you won't cry. So I'll give you a second.

 

Okay second over. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ. Well I was suppose to come home on June 10Th but something happened. A group of rookies accidently shot their guns and missed the target hitting me. Beautiful, I am so sorry I can't be with you and that I didn't tell you. Right now, I am losing alot of blood. I'm scared. But I thought of you and I felt better. The doctors said I had maybe an hour or two before they have to shut off the machines since there is no chance for me to survive. I fell asleep for awhile beautiful. I saw God. He was wearing a long, white gown and surroundd by angels. I saw your mom beautiful, she told me to say hi and she's proud of everything you've done. She says she can see you from up there and knows that you're skipping lunch because you're too busy with work. C'mon I thought we went over this?! Well anyways, he said it's time for me to go but he said he'll give me a bit to write to you. So here I am now writing to you. 

 

Please don't be sad. And please don't cry. I am okay now. I am safe and watching over you. I will always be with you okay? Call me and I'll be there. Of course, I won't be able to hug you physically but you know what I mean. I left you a few of my favorite things in this box along with a notebook I wrote in everyday. Read the first page tomorrow and only the first page. You will get it soon. I miss you beautiful. I miss you alot. I know you probably miss me alot too. Please know, that...I love you so much. More than I could ever show, and though I love you alot I have to do this. Beautiful, I told you we would be together forever and that'd I would come back to marry you but I have to do this. I love you. But I am breaking up with you. I feel like, if I don't you will never be able to let go of me and find someone else who can take care of you when I can't. I hope he will kiss you goodnight, sing to you, cherish you, and treat you well. I'll be watching. Know that I am breaking up with you for a good reason. I want to set your heart free and not have you be chained down in life because of me. 

 

Goodbye beautiful, maybe I'll see you in the future. Hopefully not too soon, I can wait, but you need to go through life more. See as many things as you can and know that I am watching. Your mom and God are calling me now. 사랑해 

Park Chanye

 

The signature trailed off and was never finished. The pen mark ran down the page until it reached the edge where it completely stopped. The paper had tear stains splotched on it, making some words smudge. 

No. He can't. He couldn't have. Tears welled up in my eyes but he made me promise that I wouldn't cry. My heart felt like it was ripping out of my chest. I was shattering, my whole world was shattering, my life was in pieces and I couldn't pick them up. I imagined his smiling, goofy face. My lips curved into a smile as tears threatened to spill.

"Why oppa? Why did you have to go and leave me? Don't you realize how much I need you. You promised. Two years. You promised Park Chanyeol. You couldn't even finish your signature?!" I screamed clutching onto the paper. "Since you broke your promise, I'll break mine." That's when salty tears streamed down my face and onto the floor. I felt like if I tried hard enough, I could eventually drown myself in my own tears.


This will actually be a short story, maybe 5 chapter story? I'll still consider it as a one shot ^^ Look out for the next few chapters. It'll get better I promise <3