Competition

A Bully's Soft Side

Yuri's P.O.V.

 
I groan as the light coming from the window hits my eyes, cursing mornings for being too early. I feel an empty space next to me and sigh. 
 
Today is my baby's big day. Her competition that she's been working her off for. 
 
I got up and looked at the time: it's only 12:45 in the afternoon. The competition is not until 2. 
 
I took a nice warm shower and got dressed with the casual, black beanie, blue jeans, and a black crew neck sweater. 
 
After getting all nice and clean I headed over to the kitchen where I saw a little note :
 
Yuri, 
    I had to wake up a bit earlier to get one last practice in before the competition, but I did leave you some breakfast ^~^ I hope you enjoy it. Love yah~Muah! See you soon
          ~I'm yours, Im Yoona~
 
I smiled because even through writing, her personality shined bright. 
 
The food she made looks amazing, pancakes with bacon and eggs, hell to the yeah! I practically gobbled the food down.
 
Without wanting to waste more time, I brushed my teeth and headed over to the counter, grabbed my keys, and took my leave.
 
*******
Damn this place is crowded. I can literally feel people's breaths all over. Ugh! I hate places like this but I'll endure it all just to see Yoona preform.
 
I was about to sit down when I felt someone bump into me, causing their drink to spill on my sweater.
 
"WHAT THE ?! CAN'T YOU WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING YOU PIECE OF ?!"
 
"I'm sorry! "
 
I gritted my teeth and tightly clenched my fist about to lash out to punch this chick.
 
I felt a hand grip my shoulder, I turned around to see a pair of angry doe eyes. I gulped nervously and smiled. She dragged me away from the girl and I glared at her until she was out of sight.
 
"Yuri what the hell?!"
 
"She spilled her drink on my sweaterrrr!" I pouted and pointed to my sweater, wanting to emphasize that it was soaked.
 
"I know babe but this is my big day, can't you be a good girl, for me?"
 
I sighed. 
 
"C'mon Yuri baby, be good. The security would've kicked you out and you're the only person I want to be here, cheering me on. "
 
I look into her eyes and immediately saw the sincerity in them. 
 
"I'm sorry baby, I'll be good. You better kick out there too."
 
"haha of course I will. And thank you Yuri, this really means a lot to me.. You being here and all.."
 
"Anything for you Yoona"
 
She smiled and kissed me in which I responded back fully. 
 
"SM UNIVERSITY IS ON IN 2 MINUTES!"
 
"I guess this is my cue.. Wish me luck!"
 
"Go get 'em tiger!" I chuckled and as she took a few steps away, I slapped her . She turned around, playfully scoffed and walked away giggling.
 
I smiled and walked towards my prior seat, ready to cheer my princess on.
 
*************
 
"THE 3rd PLACE WINNER IS..."
 
I looked over as all the cheer teams are on the huge mats. Despite there being a load of girls on that mat, my eyes naturally found themselves looking at Yoona. 
 
All the performances have been done and without even being biased, SM University won by far. 
 
Yoona's face was red, flushed, yet she still manages to look beautiful. All the girls were holding hands and panting hard. With hope written all over their faces.
 
"YG UNIVERSITY!"
 
Some people cheered and the YG cheering squad cheered a bit but were slightly defeated for not getting to win the first place.
 
"SECOND PLACE GOES TO..... JF UNIVERSITY!!" 
 
That time, the cheerleaders were bouncing a bit happier, knowing that they were at least closer to being in first place but I didn't really care because the importance was the first place.
 
I could clearly see Yoona nibbling on her lower lip; her nervous tell. It was an adorable sight to see. All the SM cheerleaders tightened their grip to one another's hands and all lowered their gazes to the floor. That's when my Yoona stood out the most. She had her head held up high.
 
"AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... THE FIRST PLACE WINNER FOR THE 28th ANNUAL CHEER COMPETITION IS...."
 
Everybody waited in anticipation as the judges and the announcer purposely pause for that dramatic affect. 
 
Getting frustrated I finally had enough of this dramatic wait.
 
"HURRY THE UP!"
 
Everybody turned to me and I shrugged. I saw Yoona look up and slightly glare at me... 
 
"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! PATIENCE!  GEESH! "
 
The crowd laughed a bit before silencing themselves once again for the big reveal.
 
"SM UNIVERSITY FOR THE 3rd YEAR IN A ROW!!!" 
 
I shot up from my seat and was the first to start screaming and cheering. Not for the team but for Yoona. Annnd Tiffany.
 
The team erupted in cheers themselves and picked up Yoona, carrying her on their shoulders all the way up to the announcer to receive the trophy. 
 
I swiftly got away from the crowd, sneaking into the "backstage" or private area in which the girls come afterwards. I patiently waited for Yoona.
 
After a bit I heard all the SM Uni girls happily talking about their win.
 
Yoona was smiling the brightest. Her hard work and training paid off. She went to the mini fridge to get a water for herself. I used to opportunity to hug her from behind.
 
I kissed her head and whispered into her ear. 
 
"I'm so proud of you tiger."
 
She turned around and slapped my arm. 
 
"YAH! What did I tell you about behaving?!"
 
" I was being a good girl! "
 
"we need to work with your profanities."
 
"aigoo!!! Just relax! You won!"
 
"keke I know, thank you for being here for me! The whole time I was thinking that I had to do my best to impress you..."
 
"You're very welcome, and baby.. You always impress me, whether you try or not."
 
She smiled and gave me a warm hug which I fully took in. 
 
***************
 
Did you guys really believe me?! XD 
I was just trolling :3 I wouldn't give you guys such a bad ending >~< but I am planning on ending this story within about 5 more chapters or so.. Anyways!! Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and even upvoting this silly story of mine ^~^ I really appreciate it and I love you all, thank you so much for the support c: 
 
Chuckles out~