~9~

Try to Fall in Love

“He's out,” Sam's neighbour called as Seoyeon knocked on the door.

“Oh,” Seoyeon looked at the neighbour, almost relieved. “Do you know where he went?”

“He goes to the bridge a lot,” the neighbour told her. “If you find him, tell him he needs to mow his lawn.”

“Will do,” Seoyeon smiled. “Thank you!”

She began walking down the road, towards the bridge, where hopefully Sam would be waiting.

 

Of course he was there. Sam was one of the most predictable people in existance. Seoyeon took a deep breath and strode up to him, leaning on the edge of the bridge like he was.

“Hey,” she said quietly. Sam turned his head to look at her, but didn't say anything.

“It wasn't fair of me to say that back there,” Seoyeon apologised. “But I know what I want now.”

Sam still didn't say a word, but turned his whole body towards her, and raised an eyebrow. Seoyeon stayed silent for a moment, then slowly nodded her head. Sam's previously unreadable expression was broken by a bright smile as he pulled Seoyeon into a tight hug.

 

They stayed like that for a while, not needing to say anything, because they knew exactly what they were both thinking. I've made the right decision.

“You want to come home?” Sam whispered into Seoyeon's hair.

“Mhm,” she nodded. Sam pulled away and took her backpack from her shoulders, then intertwined their fingers. The sun warmed their backs as they strolled back to Sam's house, huge smiles on both of their faces.

 

“We should bake a cake,” Seoyeon said as soon as they got in the door. “You know, a celebration cake.”

“Sure,” Sam agreed. “Do you know how to?”

“Sometimes,” Seoyeon said cheekily. “I think I can remember.”

She started pulling out bowls, spoons and ingredients, and throwing them onto the counter. Sam watched, amused, as she weighed out the flour. A cloud of it puffed upwards, leaving a thin layer on her face. He kept watching as she managed to get butter and egg on her nose.

“Here,” he laughed, wiping her face with a towel. He placed his hand over hers as she struggled to mix the ingredients, his chest pressing against her back. Seoyeon blushed, glad that Sam was behind her and couldn't see. Sneakily, Seoyeon scooped a tiny bit of the mixture on to her finger and wiped it on the tip of Sam's nose.

“Oh, you want to do it like that?” Sam moved away from Seoyeon and round to the other side of the counter. He took the spoon and smothered the mixture all over Seoyeon's cheek. She gasped and wiped it off quickly, then used her hands to spread some more over Sam's face. Soon it turned into a full-on battle and there was cake mixture everywhere. Seoyeon giggled when she saw the state of Sam, but her smile faded when she realised they'd used all of the cake mixture.

“Looks like no cake,” Seoyeon sighed.

“Oops,” Sam looked in the bowl himself. Nothing there. “Do you think if we scraped it off the ceiling we could-”

“No!” Seoyeon laughed.
“Fine. Let's tidy up then we can watch a movie, if you want.”

 

They curled up on the sofa a little later, just as the sun was setting and casting an orange light into the room. Sam had put on the first film he saw, which was just playing in the background, really. Sam was leant against the back of the sofa and Seoyeon lay with her head in his lap as he played with her hair gently. The night progressed slowly and the tiredness began to catch up with Seoyeon. She yawned quietly, and sat up. She smiled at the ring Sam had given her earlier.

“Can I go to bed?” she asked Sam as he looked at her inquisitively.

“You don't have to ask,” he chuckled. “Sure. I'll make up the spare bed while you get ready.”

 

Seoyeon yawned again as she wandered out of the bathroom after showering and down the corridor to the spare room.

“I'm going to bed too,” Sam told her as he darted into the bathroom. Seoyeon carried on towelling her hair dry as she went into the spare room and sat down on the bed.

 

A few hours passed and Seoyeon was, for some reason, unable to sleep. The ring caught the light and shone slightly. The thin band of silver complimented the tiny sapphire embedded in it. She could hear Sam breathing in the room next door and wondered if she'd be able to sleep if she was with him.

 

She padded through to Sam's room and smiled at the sight of him sleeping peacefully. Taking care not to disturb him, she crawled underneath the duvet and pushed herself as close to him as she dared. Suddenly Sam slung his arm over Seoyeon's shoulder and pulled her closer.

“You weren't asleep?” Seoyeon whispered.

“I was, but...”
“Sorry.”

“Don't be.”

Seoyeon sighed happily and closed her eyes, feeling the comfort of Sam's torso pressing against her back and his finger lazily drawing circles on her stomach. Seoyeon could feel his warm breath on the back of her neck and she began to think that maybe, just maybe, she could get used to this.

 

hello!! sorry for taking so long again i'm just super busy rn and it's too hot to concentrate sigh

i hope you like this~ ilu all<3