~10~

Try to Fall in Love

The sunlight streamed through the curtains on Saturday morning. Seoyeon rubbed her eyes as she sat up, trying to wake herself up. She turned to look sideways to see if Sam was awake but was met with empty sheets. Nestled in the sheets was a little note.

Sorry Yeon. They called me into work today, because someone was ill. I'll be back around 5, I think. You can stay here if you want, but I think your mother will want to talk to you. Hugs!-Sam

Seoyeon ran her fingers through her hair. Sam being called into work wasn't unheard of, but it was annoying that it was today. She sighed and pulled herself out of bed.

 

 

“I can go and live with Sam?!” Seoyeon squealed.

“If you promise to be responsible and call every other day,” Mrs Park said. “No crazy parties or sneaking out late at night, okay?”

Seoyeon nodded vigorously. She'd returned home after eating breakfast alone and couldn't believe her ears.

“Believe me, if I hear that you're taking advantage of there being no parental supervision, you will be going to boarding school.”

“Boarding school?” Seoyeon groaned. “I'll be good, don't worry.”

Mrs Park smiled at her daughter. “I'm trusting you, Seoyeon.”

 

Seoyeon managed to pack up all of her things before Sam came to collect her. She texted him with the good news and he called her back, sounding more excited than her. It was now just gone 5pm and she was flicking through the channels on the television to pass the time. Finally Sam arrived and she jumped up, pulling a suitcase and a rucksack.

“Hey, Yeon!” Sam laughed as Seoyeon bear-hugged him. “Missed me?”

Seoyeon nodded solemnly before giggling and squeezing past him to take her bags outside. Suddenly the literal weight was lifted from her shoulders as Sam took the bags off her and threw them in his car.

“You ready?” he asked.

“Of course,” Seoyeon nodded.

 

Teo watched from his window as Seoyeon climbed into the blonde man's car and carried on watching as the car sped off down the road. He sighed. What did Yun mean, she'd been waiting for him? He shrugged and moved away from the window and onto his chair. If only he had her number... he could talk to her and sort this awkwardness out.

 

Seoyeon smiled to herself as she placed the last photo frame on the windowsill- a collage of pictures of her and Yun on their first days of school. Pre-school, there they were, somehow already muddy. First school, there they were, wearing their first uniforms and thankfully clean. Middle school, there they were, looking as if they really couldn't care less. High school, there they were, Seoyeon suddenly very pretty and Yun looking like a young model. Seoyeon's skirt was a lot shorter than it should've been and Yun had half of his shirt untucked. They looked rebellious and happy. Seoyeon's eyes wandered to the rest of the photos on her new windowsill- pictures of her with her parents, a photo of her when she was a baby, and another picture that meant a lot to her- a picture of her and Teo from the back, when he was still Taeho. His long hair mixed with Seoyeon's as they leant against each other, completely unaware the photo was being taken. Seoyeon smiled gently at it just as Sam called her name.

 

“I was wondering if you want to order pizza,” he said when Seoyeon arrived downstairs.

“Sure,” Seoyeon nodded.

“I'll order it then I'm going for a shower,” Sam told her. “I'll leave some money out if they come before I'm done, but I'm pretty sure they won't be quick.”

“Got it,” Seoyeon grinned.

 

Seoyeon was stretched out on the sofa when the pizza delivery boy came. She jumped up at the sound of the doorbell and scooped up the change on the side. Opening the door, the boy shifted his position so he could give her the pizza.

“Don't eat it all at once,” he grinned, then winked. Seoyeon raised an eyebrow and handed him the cash.

“Thanks,” she said, neither of them realising Sam had run downstairs.

“Anytime, cutie,” the boy said.

“That's my fiancée you're talking to,” Sam growled. “I think you should leave.”

“I-I'm so sorry,” the boy blushed, and hurried away down the path.

 

Seoyeon was still surprised by what Sam did as they sat in the living room, eating the pizza and watching television. Unknowingly, they were leaning against each other for a while, until it started to darken outside and night began to fall.

“I'm going to go to bed,” Seoyeon yawned as she stood up, and stretched her arms above her head.

“Okay, Yeonnie,” Sam smiled. “Sleep well!”

 

That night was the same as the last. Seoyeon couldn't sleep, no matter how hard she tried. She heard Sam come in to check on her, and heard him getting ready for bed, then heard him settle down to sleep. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried again and again but to no avail. Sighing, she swung her legs out of bed and crept to Sam's room again.

 

Seoyeon gently lifted the duvet and slipped underneath it, wriggling up to Sam's side again. He stirred in his sleep and reached forward, catching Seoyeon in an embrace. Seoyeon felt his torso pressing against her back and smiled to herself, closing her eyes and falling asleep peacefully.

hello!! another update coming in like 2 minutes ahhh<3