~14~

Try to Fall in Love

The three of them squashed onto the sofa, Yun perched awkwardly at one end while it wasn't possible to tell where Seoyeon ended and Sam began as they lay on the other end. For Yun, the movie seemed to last forever, and when it finally ended, he jumped up, eager to leave the couple.

I'll see you tomorrow, Seoyeon,” Yun grinned before picking up the pile of DVDs he brought.

Yah, Yun,” Sam stopped Yun before he left the house. “You should come over more often- I haven't seen you for ages.”

Uh, okay,” Yun nodded. “Bye, guys.”

 

I'm hungry,” Seoyeon complained as she finished her homework for the night.

But we ate, like, an hour ago,” Sam sighed.

I know,” Seoyeon whined. “Can I just have something small?” She held her finger and thumb about an inch apart, smiling cutely.

You won't be able to sleep tonight if you do,” he shook his head. Seoyeon pouted and huffed as she cleared all of her work away, but Sam didn't change his mind. She finally gave up and stomped upstairs to have a shower.

 

Are you sulking?” Sam asked when he realised Seoyeon was in her own bed.

No,” Seoyeon said, sounding moody. “I'm just hungry.”

Yeonnie,” Sam called into the darkness. When Seoyeon didn't reply, he walked into her room and scooped her up out of bed, covers and all.

Carter!” Seoyeon screeched as Sam carried her to his bedroom.

Shh!” Sam pressed a finger to his lips after carefully dropping Seoyeon on his bed.

I'll “shh” you, you little-” Seoyeon growled, emerging from the pile of covers and standing up to face Sam, who interrupted her outburst by bending down and kissing her.

Don't kiss me when I'm angry,” Seoyeon pushed Sam away but climbed into his bed. Shaking his head, Sam slipped in beside her, sneakily wrapping his arms around her when she was almost asleep.

 

Seoyeon gave Sam an eye-smile over her huge bowl of cereal the next morning when he came downstairs. Sam laughed and sat down beside her, checking his phone.

I'll definitely pick you up from school tonight,” Sam assured Seoyeon as she put her bowl in the sink, not bothering to wash it.

Thanks,” Seoyeon pulled her shoes on. “I can walk there and back, you know.”

Sam realised she was still a little annoyed about last night. “I know, but I want to keep you safe.”

Seoyeon almost smiled as she put her blazer on over her fitted school shirt and pleated skirt.

You look pretty today,” Sam said as he put on his own shoes and adjusted his tie, unknowingly making it worse.

Come here,” Seoyeon sighed and undid Sam's tie. She then tied it up properly and brushed some imaginary dust off Sam's shoulders. “That's better.”

 

So you're picking me up at four?” Seoyeon asked as she climbed out of Sam's car. “No Jessicas?”

No Jessicas,” Sam promised. “Hey Yeon, come closer.”

Seoyeon rolled her eyes and leaned into the car.

Closer.”

She moved a little closer, not sure what Sam was doing. Suddenly Sam kissed her, a quick peck on her cheek, and Seoyeon moved away quickly.

I'm still angry.”

Damn.”

Bye.”

I love you!”

 

Seoyeon rolled her eyes again as Sam drove away, then turned, and spotted Teo dragging his feet up the steps into school.

Teo!” she called, and waved as he turned around. She ran up to him, holding her skirt down (much to the disappointment of the boys around her) and caught up with him as he entered school.

Morning,” he yawned, his eyes closing as his mouth widened. When his eyes opened again, Seoyeon noticed the bright blue contacts concealing the usual warm brown of his irises.

Nice contacts,” Seoyeon told him, eyes watering at the thought of putting them in.

Thanks,” Teo nodded. “I wanted a change.”

A couple of students walking past nudged each other when they saw Teo and Seoyeon together, noticing that Yun wasn't standing between them.

Hey, you're wearing the necklace,” Teo grinned happily when he noticed it resting on her collarbone.

It's so pretty, I wear it most of the time,” Seoyeon said as they wandered into the classroom.

 

She saw Yun tapping his pen on the edge of the desk absent-mindedly and took the opportunity to pull a book from her bag and launch it at him.

Hey!” Yun yelped when the book hit him square in the face.

Sorry,” Seoyeon apologised sweetly. “I didn't see you there.”

How did you not see- never mind,” he succumbed to Seoyeon's determined face, realising this was her revenge for what he'd said to Teo. He moved up so Seoyeon could sit in between him and Teo, and rested his head on his hands, waiting for the class to begin.

 

Carter!” Seoyeon yelled when she saw the familiar blonde leaning against his car.

Hey, cutie,” Sam grinned, and pulled Seoyeon into a hug. “Is that my new name?”

Yep,” Seoyeon nodded as she climbed into the car. “It sounds more... Sophisticated, than Sam, doesn't it?”

Mhm,” Sam agreed as he pulled away from the kerb. “I was wondering... Do you want to go somewhere this weekend?”

Like a date?” Seoyeon pulled off her blazer.

Yeah,” Sam nodded. “There's this place we could go camping, and hardly anyone knows about it. We could leave on Saturday morning and get back Sunday evening.”

I'd love that,” Seoyeon smiled.

 


howdy-doodly neighbourinos

um hi i'm really sorry i haven't updated for ages but yes!!!! here!!! have writing!!!! yay

thank you all for staying hehe ilu all<3

ugh the thing will let me make this writing small but not the main part idk technology is poop