~17~

Try to Fall in Love

Sam stared, open-mouthed, at Seoyeon, who blinked expectantly.

Well? Do you?” Seoyeon asked again.

How could you even ask that?” Sam stood up. “I'd give up everything for you. I'd do anything to make you happy. Why are you suddenly doubting that?”

My mum said this was all arranged,” Seoyeon told him indignantly.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear,” Sam said quietly, bending down and brushing the tears on Seoyeon's cheeks away. “I told Yun how I felt about you, and he told me what I should do. So of course I told my parents and your parents that I wanted to make you my girlfriend, and they suggested that I proposed. Your mother actually suggested it, because she didn't want you to get hurt by the boys at your school.”

When- When I heard them talk at dinner one night,” Seoyeon sniffed, “They made it sound as if it was all for the business.”

The business was an afterthought, I promise you,” Sam assured her. He sat down on her bed again as she sat up and pulled her into his arms, kissing her forehead.

I'm sorry,” Seoyeon said awkwardly. “I guess I'm just... insecure.”

Don't worry,” Sam started, taking Seoyeon's hand and pulling her up like he'd done on the beach. “I'm not going to find anyone else who makes me as happy as you.”

 

Sam and Seoyeon made a habit of going out every weekend after that, whether it was to the cinema, to a restaurant, camping again or just to the park. Sam dropped Seoyeon off at school and picked her up every day, even if it meant leaving work before he was meant to. He helped Seoyeon with her homework and she helped him write songs; they were the perfect pair.

 

Yah, Seoyeon!” Teo called down the corridor at the end of the day, near the end of November.

What?” Seoyeon turned round impatiently.

The school production this year is Sleeping Beauty. I was wondering... You know, if you want...” Teo stuttered.

Go on,” Seoyeon glanced at the time on her phone. Sam would be waiting for her.

Do you want to audition with me?”

Seoyeon stared for a moment, then slowly nodded, a smile tugging at the edges of . “Yes.”

Great!” Teo grinned. “I'll go and sign us up now, as you're in a hurry.”

Thanks!” Seoyeon said as he disappeared down the corridor. She turned and carried on walking down the corridor, to where Sam was waiting outside.

 

Sleeping Beauty?” Sam glanced at Seoyeon over their dinner that night- pasta, which turned up on their plates quite often, thanks to their limited cooking abilities.

Yeah,” Seoyeon nodded. “Teo wanted me to audition with him, so I said I would.”

Well, of course you're going to get the part,” Sam told her. “Has Teo realised who you are yet?”

No,” Seoyeon shook her head, looking down. “Looks like he's not going to remember me.”

At least you have him back, yeah?” Sam stood up and ruffled Seoyeon's hair, taking their empty plates to the sink.

Mmm,” Seoyeon made a non-committal noise.

 

Yeon,” Sam turned to Seoyeon, who was lying on the floor in front of the television, “There's a Christmas party at work in a few weeks. Do you want to come?”

Of course!” Seoyeon turned to face him. “I don't have anything to wear though.”

We can get you a pretty dress,” Sam said. “You're sure you want to come?”

Yes!” Seoyeon nodded, crawling over to the sofa and sitting on it, leaning into Sam.

 

On Friday, Seoyeon went to the drama studio with Teo and picked up the audition piece for Sleeping Beauty.

Should we practise over the weekend?” Teo wondered as they left the studio.

Yeah- you can come over if you want,” Seoyeon agreed.

Are your parents okay with that?” Teo asked nervously.

Oh- well- here's the thing- I, um, I'm not living with my parents at the moment.”

How come?”

I'm...” Seoyeon changed her mind at the last minute. “I'm having my bedroom re-done. So we're just going to have to practise at lunch or something.”

Oh, okay. I'll meet you by the drama studio at lunch on Monday, then?”

 

Sam!” Seoyeon yelled as she stood at the top of the stairs, wrapped in only a towel.

Yeah?” Sam got up and walked to the bottom of the stairs.

All of my pyjamas are dirty, so-”

Use one of my shirts.”

Are you sure?”

Completely,” Sam nodded. He ran up the stairs and past her into his room, and emerged with a dark grey t-shirt, then handed it to Seoyeon.

Thanks,” Seoyeon smiled, tilting her head up and standing on her tiptoes to kiss Sam gently.

 

Seoyeon groaned as she tried to get out of bed the next morning. Sam was still fast asleep and she left to go to the bathroom as quietly as possible, not looking at the time. She used the toilet and went straight back to bed, seeing as it was Saturday and she could sleep as long as she wanted.

 

A loud ringing noise resounded through the house and Sam and Seoyeon woke up, startled, before Seoyeon dragged out of bed again and ran downstairs, rubbing her tired eyes as she went.

Sorry, we were-” Seoyeon stopped when she saw her mother on the other side of the door. “Hi, mum!”

You were what, dear?” Mrs Park scrutinised Seoyeon's outfit. “Is that shirt... yours?”

Yes, I, um, I got it in the sale,” Seoyeon told her. “I just woke up, sorry.”

Can I come in?” Mrs Park asked, walking in as she did.

Make yourself at home,” Seoyeon muttered under her breath.

 


 

growls i still can't change the size of the main piece of writing but i'm gonna leave this like it is huhu

sorry i haven't updated but i'm gonna update in a momento just you wait