Chapter 8: Vampires

Beauty and The Wolf

Jongin opened the door not bothering to close it and took 3 steps at a time up the stairs and into a dim room surrounded by thick bricked walls, a stone table in the middle of the wide room with uncomfortable chairs surrounding it. Heavy curtains blocking the sunlight that struggles to enter from the window. Upon opening the door, Jongin found his brothers standing around the table with a piece of paper and a map that covered half the table murmuring only to be interrupted by his presence.

“Took you long enough” Baekhyun sighed and leaned on the table with his hands propped on it. Jongin merely looked at him before turning to their leader. “What is it?” he asked with his brows connected.

Suho grabbed the small piece of paper from the table and handed to Jongin. He didn’t hesitate to look down and read what’s written on it; though, he didn’t expect to be given a shock followed by rage and a dash of betrayal. “What the hell is this?”

“It’s just like how it’s written Kai. Taemin’s with the vampire clan” D.O said as he let out an exasperated sigh he’s been holding in ever since they’d received the letter an hour before they called Jongin back to the mansion.

“I know I can read hyung, what I’m asking is why the hell is Taemin teamed up with a bunch of blood bastards?! Is it not bad enough that we have those sickos from the M clan to deal with and now we have to deal with this ?” he exclaimed slamming the paper on the table causing it to crack.

“Kai calm down, we’re all thinking of reasons of why Taemin would be with them...” Suho said in a calm tone.

“But so far, nothing’s been reasonable yet. We’re all just as infuriated and confused as you are but letting your emotions get the best of you won’t help us any bit.” Chanyeol said running a hand on his hair in frustration.

Baekhyun paced around the room with his eyes closed recalling something and snapped his fingers as he figured it out. “You know I sensed something... odd about Taemin’s mate, Hyojin yeah? That day I watched her, she had an aura about her that’s charming, alluring yet hateful; and as soon as she met up with a man in a car, I sensed a more powerful vibe from him than her”

“What are you trying to say hyung?” Sehun asked.

“It’s the same vibe from the Vampire clan” Baekhyun revealed. With that, Jongin also remembered getting the same vibe when he first encountered Hackyeon and felt a rush of annoyance.

“What I’m hearing from you Baekhyun, and correct me if I’m wrong is that Hyojin’s from the Vampire clan?” D.O. concluded.

Baekhyun simply nodded and scratched his forehead then walked towards the shelves stacked with books from millenniums ago handed down to them by their ancestors, D.O and Chanyeol followed him and started searching for books to answer their own questions with the new revelation.

“A vampire... but that doesn’t make sense, if she’s a vampire why in hell would she be Taemin hyung’s mate? He should have known since he’s the closest to her and his senses are in comparison to Suho hyung and Kai” Sehun asked in confusion to the two older men in front of him.

“That’s the second confusing part... we just don’t know exactly what the hell is going on with Taemin” Suho concluded and sat back on a chair.

Jongin clenched his fists and ran a hand down his face. “I knew I sensed something odd about her yet why did I brush it off so easily?” he thought to himself.

++

Muffled voices could be heard outside Hyojin’s room as her parents asked incoherent questions to both the butler and the maid who assisted Hackyeon when he arrived back to the mansion with Hyojin in his arms unconscious and the side of his head bleeding.

Now he sat beside Hyojin’s bed with one both hand holding on to Hyojin’s as if afraid that she’ll go away if he let go, his head bent down waiting for her to regain consciousness.

Her bedroom door slammed opened with her father rushing and panting eyeing Hackyeon first then down to his unconscious daughter on the bed. Hackyeon saw worry, rage and sympathy in the normally cool, ruthless and vicious eyes of the great vampire clan’s current ruler, Kang Jaejoong. With Hyojin’s mother following behind, Hackyeon stood up to give Hyojin’s parents space to check on their precious daughter.

Mrs. Kang knelt down beside her daughter’s bed holding onto her hand tears brimmed her eyes as she watched her daughter’s pale lifeless face unconscious. Mr. Kang watched his daughter before turning to his nephew and asked in a hard yet gentle tone, “what happened N?”

N, Hackyeon thought his nickname that’s only used when in a serious conversation with his associates. “She simply lost control and her true self slipped for a second from being locked and she couldn’t handle its power... resulting to falling unconscious. I apologize for being so powerless, uncle.”

Mr. Kang sighed and patted his nephew’s lowered head, “lift your head Hackyeon. Vampires do not lower their heads.” Hackyeon slowly lifted his head to look into his father figure and nodded.

“You need some rest, just by looking at you I believe you suffered from Hyojin’s rage... go on and get treated.” Mrs. Kang said smiling up to him.

Hackyeon complied and slowly walked out of his cousin’s room looking back once before closing the door.


I seriously have nothing to say lolol~

Jk...

ok well Im double updating for apology that I haven't been able to update for how many months now

Thank you for the new subbies and welcome to my gummy bear land ;D

enjoy your stay

professional critical review is much appreciated! 

Ppyong~