Chapter 2: Eyes

Beauty and The Wolf

The bell rang and every student sighed in relief, even you.

“All right class, I want that booklet I just gave you done by Wednesday. No excuses.” Your oh-so-strict math teacher, Mr. Lee said while closing his book and fixing his glasses for the 100th time during class.

You all rose, everyone bowed and Mr. Lee left, closing the door behind him. Once everyone was sure he was out of sight, they groaned and started complaining about him. You just stayed quiet and scanned the notes and lesson to make sure you got everything right. You’re not exactly a perfectionist or a “nerd” but you like organization and feeling secure that something wouldn’t give you any problems in the future.

Since it was lunch time, some students got up to go the cafeteria to eat, some stayed to eat their boxed lunch from home in the classroom, putting their tables together with their friends. When you were satisfied with your notes, you closed your book and notebook and looked to your right just to see Jongin, getting up and heading towards the door.

You quickly stood up and grabbed onto his blazer, watching the back of his head. He turned his head and looked at you with that blank expression again. He raised his eyebrow, questioning what your business with him is.

“Oh... I uh, just figured that maybe... because you’re new... you wouldn’t have anyone to eat lunch with... so...” you said, looking him in the eyes.

“He has a pair of gorgeous shade of brown eyes. I could look at them all day...” you started to think.

Jongin smirked and sighed. “It’s that smirk again...” you thought.

“So what?” he asked.

“Huh? Oh... I thought I’d ask you if you want to eat with my friends and me”

“No thanks” he said blankly without any hesitation. You were taken back. “I’m sorry... what?” asking him.

“I said ‘No’. You should get your ears checked. I think you’re going deaf, Ms. Class president” he said. You were flabbergasted.

While you were stammering to say something back, he already made his way out of the classroom leaving you dumbfounded.

Minji whistled behind you. “Wow” she started. “First time seeing you get rejected by a guy, Hyo” she said while chuckling.

You stayed quiet still shocked from what just happened. Your friends were just at the sideline and saw the whole thing. They were all shocked, since it was the first time for everybody to see you get rejected. Especially by a guy.

When you recovered from your state of shock from the guy whom you now have concluded to be “Mr. Rude-new-student-who-has-beautiful-brown-eyes”

.....ok, it’s not the best nickname you’ve given someone and probably the longest, but what could you do? The guy IS a total jerk but can still somehow put you under a spell. “Attraction?” one side of your mind said.

You furrowed your brows and cringed at the thought of being attracted to Mr. Rude-new-student-who-has-beautiful-brown-eyes. “I have got to work on that nickname. He’ll make fun of me if he hears that.” You muttered to yourself.

Minji snapped her fingers in front of your face. “Earth to Hyojin. Hello? Are you there? YO!” you blinked and looked at her like you’ve seen a ghost.

She rolled her eyes and said, “I know I’m beautiful but stop staring, you don’t want to be mopping up your best friend right?”

“What?” you asked confused of what she’s talking about.

Changjo sighed and ruffled your hair. “Let’s go before the cafeteria is packed and all the tables are taken.” He said, stuffing his hands in his pockets and making his way out of the classroom with Minji and the rest of our friends following behind him.

“Oh... I brought lunch with me today so I don’t need to go the cafeteria” you said.

Everyone turned to look at you and started saying that they’ll buy lunch and come back to eat lunch with you. But you just simply waved both of your hands and shook your head, “No... I have things to do for Mrs. Park, so you go ahead and eat lunch without me”. They all pressed on that they want to eat lunch with you and that they won’t disturb you, but because you had an ulterior motive to have your friends eat without you, you didn’t budge and stood on ground with your resolution.

Minji sighed and pushed everyone out of the room, “All right, understood. We’ll be at the cafeteria if you need us” she said before disappearing in the hallway with the others who still kept on arguing that they should eat with you. You smiled and grabbed your boxed lunch and headed out.

Students were prohibited in going to the rooftop, so to you, it was the only place that you could find peace and quiet. You liked spending time alone just as much as you liked spending time with your friends. When you reached the bottom of the stairs leading up to the rooftop, you looked around to make sure no one would see you before you ran up.

Opening the door to the rooftop, you were welcomed with a warm, bright sunlight, chilly yet bearable wind and the scent of the approaching fall season.  You closed your eyes, spreading your arms widely to your sides making a perfect horizontal line and took in what nature had to offer, sighing content of your situation at the moment.

You walked further outside with your eyes still closed, unaware of the fact that you weren’t alone. When you opened your eyes, you were startled to see someone in front of you, but your brows furrowed at the back of the person you’re looking at who seemed familiar.

The hair is darker than you remembered, but the broad shoulder and that certain aura around him is definitely the same. You gulped while your eyes started to water.

“.....oppa?” you said with your voice choking.

“Oppa... is that... you?” you asked the man.

Your face fell when the man turned and it wasn’t who you expected.... no... that it wasn’t the man who you WANTED it to be.

The man standing before you is none other than Mr. Rude-new-student-with-beautiful-brown-eyes. You looked down and wiped the tears that escaped and tried to get yourself together before another rude remark escapes from Jongin’s lips.

“Why are you here? Students aren’t allowed up here” You started, looking up just to see him staring at you.

He didn’t answer but you two just stared into each other’s eyes. You felt like you were being pulled in just by looking at them. “It turns gold when the light hits it, he really does have a pair of beautiful eyes” you thought. You had the sudden urge to go up to him and look at his eyes closer, but you clenched your fists to control yourself.

“I asked you-“ you got cut off when he took a step towards you.

“Wha- what?” you stammered. Another step forward.

“Jongin?” and another.

“St-Stay back!” and another. This time you took a small step back.

When you were about ready to turn away and run, he grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you back to face him. You gulped and looked up at him. “What do you want?” asking him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and just stared at you making you uncomfortable. You struggled to pull yourself free from his grip, but failed to do so when he suddenly reached for your face. You quickly closed your eyes tightly, afraid that he might hit you.

Jongin tucked your hair behind your ears and touched the earring you’re wearing. You opened your eyes to see him, eyeing the jewelry like it was the most fascinating thing. “Jongin?” you said, breaking the awkwardness and silence between the two of you from being too close than what you’re comfortable with.

“Jongin?... yah! You’re too close! Will you let me g-“ you got cut off when a name that had been carved deep in your heart for years, a name that belonged to the man that you longed for. Your biggest weakness, escaped his lips.

 

A tear fell from your eye.

 


AYO~

my pieces of gummy bears! I'm back with another chapter. I'm afraid this one is a little boring and it's quiet short tbh.

BUT I promise it's gonna get better! Haha~ here's a question to get you guys pumped up... "who do you think that "man" is

who seems to be Hyojin's weakness?" ooohhh~ 

and thank you for the new subbies! I welcome you to my gummy bear paradise! woooh! LOL

Ok i've had too much chocolate.

(PS... I like doing cliffhangers so there will be lots of it. I don't like revealing everything in one go! and don't you think it's fun to think

about what's gonna happen next? what the mysteries are in a story? dont ya? dont ya? I do. )

Okeh okeh~ See ya my lovelies in the next chapter!

Ppyong~