Chapter 5: Dearest cousin

Beauty and The Wolf

That night, you couldn’t seem to fall asleep as you toss and turned in your bed thinking about Mr. Rude- new- student- who- has- beautiful- brown- eyes. You ruffled your hair in frustration, realizing that man disturbed you emotionally and mentally in just a snap. You didn’t even see it coming; it was like he strode in your life seeming like he was already part of it.

You sat up, “Kim Jongin, you nappeun namja! I hate you!” you said before beating the pillow beside you mercilessly.

++

The next morning, when you arrived in school and sat on your desk; your best friend, Minji noticed that you kept yawning, which was very unusual for someone like you.

“Didn’t get any sleep?” she asked.

“Huh?” you responded.

“Is it because of studying or a certain someone?”

You furrowed your eyebrows, “Certain someone?”

“Ah... I get it” she said before letting out a small laugh.

“What do you...” before you could finish your sentence, Kim Jongin aka Mr. Rude- new- student- who- has- beautiful- brown- eyes walked in the room beautifully like some prince out of a fairytale book.

“Speaking of the devil” Minji said in the background.

Everything seemed to slow down while you watched Jongin make his way on the desk beside yours. You watched him the whole time, when he sat on his chair, when he put away his bag, when he slouched, when he turned to look at you, when he called your name... huh?

“-jin...”

“-ojin...”

“Hyojin!”

Jongin snapped his fingers near your face to bring you back to the current time from your daydreaming. “Kang Hyojin”

You opened and closed your lips trying to come up for something to say but you couldn’t. Jongin smirked and propped his elbow on his desk, with his knuckle supporting his chin. “Am I that handsome that you lost the ability to speak?” he said bluntly.

“Excuse me?” you said.

Jongin simply smiled and turned back to facing the front.

Once again, Mr. Rude- new- student- with- beautiful- brown- eyes left you dumbfounded which is really getting on your nerves. You pursed your lips and tried to ignore it since starting off your day with a bad event is never really a good thing.

It suddenly occurred to you that he remembered your name; in fact, he remembered your whole name when he stated yesterday that he didn’t need to know since he wouldn’t even bother remembering it.

Confusing Mr. Rude- new- student- who- has- beautiful- brown- eyes.

You rolled your eyes and turned to look outside the window to try and avoid looking at him, exhaling a huge breathe out. Minji who just watched the whole thing couldn’t help but find it amusing to finally meet someone who could bring out sides of your personality without even trying to.

++

While class was ongoing and the teacher at the front was writing on the board, Jongin kept on stealing glances at you.

You ripped a small piece of paper from the back of your notebook and wrote something on it before crumpling it into a small ball and flicking it to Jongin’s desk. He noticed it and slowly opened the piece of paper.

As he read it, a small smirk formed on his lips. “Am I that beautiful to distract your attention during class?

He flicked a piece of paper from his notebook to your desk. You opened it and furrowed your eyebrows from his respond, “It’s the opposite” it said. You ripped another piece of paper and wrote “Jerk” on it before flicking it to his desk. He opened it and smiled, ripping off another piece of paper and writing “A handsome jerk and you know it”. You just rolled your eyes and was about to flick another piece to Jongin’s desk when you heard someone clearing their throat loudly.

You looked up to see your teacher looking at you and Jongin with her eyebrow raised and her arms folded on her chest.

“Miss Kang and Mister Kim... are passing love notes to each other much more important than my lessons up front?” Your English teacher asked.

The entire class was now watching the whole event which caused your face to turn pink from embarrassment. “I- I’m really sor-“

“If you’re not interested in the lesson then leave. Catching up will be on your own time. I have no time to be giving my attention to you when I could be teaching right now” she said in a cold tone.

You bowed your head in an apologetic way and slowly stood up making your way outside the room with Jongin behind.

As soon as Jongin closed the door behind him, the teacher quickly went back to teaching and dropped on the floor covering your face.

Jongin looked at you on the ground wondering what you were doing. He crouched down to your level.

“Are you crying?” he asked.

You simply shook your head. He then stood up and cleared his throat, stuffing his hands in his pocket looking at some other direction.

“Then don’t sit there blocking people’s path”

“No one’s here. Classes are in session.” You said.

“It doesn’t matter... you’re making it look like I’m making you cry. Stand up will you?”

You sighed and slowly stood up, straightening out your uniform in the process. He just kept on glancing at you to make sure you really weren’t crying.

When you looked at him and caught him glancing at you, he quickly averted his eyes. You furrowed your eyebrows and turned around to walk away far from him.

After a few minutes of just walking around the school, you couldn’t shake off the fact that someone was watching and following you so you kept on looking back to see if there is one. But you fail to catch anyone every time so you just shrug it off and keep on going.

++

Afterschool on your way home was the same. You keep on feeling that someone was following you and you just couldn’t shake it off.

You stopped by the usual cafe you hang out in everyday before heading home and had coffee and some cake. When you looked up from your book, you didn’t notice that it was already dark outside and it was past 9 p.m.

You quickly put your book back in your bag and started walking home and that feeling of being followed came back. But this time was creepier and more eerie since it was dark outside and there was barely anybody on the streets. You held onto your bag tightly, ready to hit it to your supposedly stalker who could try and harm you anytime now.

Heartbeat quickening by the second, you started to walk faster. You keep on glancing behind and accidentally bumped on someone in front of you.

“Oh hi sweetheart... do you want to go eat with this uncle?” the man said in a slurry way.

You cringed at the strong smell of alcohol coming from the man, “N-no thank you, I’ll just be on my way now.”

He grabbed onto your arm tightly. For someone who was drunk he had a pretty nice grip that you couldn’t free yourself from.

“Ahjussi please let go of me!”

“Come on! It’s just one meal!” he said pulling you close to him.

“No! Please let go!” you said struggling from his grip.

“Just be a nice little girl already and have dinner with me! Have you no respect for your elders!?” he said half shouting now, clearly angry.

“Please!!”

The struggling and the violence got worse; your only alternative now was to shout for help. But before you could, you felt the grip on your arm disappear and heard a loud thud and a yelp. You looked to where it came from and saw the ahjussi on the ground with his palm on his cheek, the corner of his lip bleeding.

You then looked to your left and saw a man who had a bright red hair; he was a good two heads taller than you are. He wore a leather jacket that perfectly fit his figure and dark jeans along with it. Around his neck was a silver necklace with a silver crown as a pendant.

When you got a better view of the man who saved you, your eyes widened when you realized who it was. Cha HackYeon. (A/N: Cha HackYeon is VIXX’s Leader... mostly known for his stage name N, if you guys didn’t know ^^)

“Oppa?”

The anger in his eyes disappeared when he turned to look at you.

“HyoJin..”

“Yeon Oppa!” you half squealed, half shouted and threw yourself to him.

He buried his face on your shoulder and you did the same, hugging each other tightly. When you two finally decided to let go, you giggled and eyed him from head to toe.

“Oppa! When did you come back?”

“Just 3 days ago... are you alright though? Are you hurt anywhere?” he said with concern, looking at your face and then around your body to check.

“Ani, I’m fine” you replied.

“Are you sure?” He said cupping you cheeks.

You simply giggled at him and nodded your head.

HackYeon looked at the drunken man on the ground again and glared at him that caused the older man to flinch and scurried away frightened.

Cha HackYeon is your cousin who lived with you and your family since he was 10. His parents died from a plane crash when they were on their way back to Korea from a business trip. He went to New York a year ago to handle the business his parents left when it was passed down to him when he reached the appropriate age.

You two then started catching up with each other and linked your arms while walking home. You were excited to finally see him again after a year when he was gone. HackYeon was the older brother you never had, and you two loved each other as if you were really siblings.

++

When you two reached the gate of your house, he told you to get in first and stuffed his hand in his pocket fishing out his phone.

You nodded and complied.

He then watched you and pretended to be answering a call. When he saw that you were out of sight, he shoved the phone back in his pocket and his expression fell into a cold serious one.

He turned his head to look behind him, knowing full well from the beginning that someone was watching them.

“Don’t you dare lay a finger on her, dog” He said quietly.

After staying in that position for a few more seconds, he turned to go inside the house.

++

Jongin who was the one that had been following HyoJin from the school, doing his assigned job as her “guardian angel/ bodyguard”, wasn’t even the least bit intimidated by HackYeon.

What surprised him though was that he was able to sense him. HyoJin also. Normally when he’s sent to spy on someone no one could sense him.

He couldn’t shake off the feeling that there’s something more about HyoJin, aside the fact that she’s Taemin’s claimed mate.

There’s also something about HackYeon that bothered him. The very moment he sensed him, he already had this burning desire to smash his face on the ground. But since he couldn’t risk revealing himself, he just controlled himself and focused on HyoJin.

After two more hours just to make sure she’s safe, Jongin left to go home and get some rest of his own.

He his heel and leaped to the nearby tree and leaped on a roof, vanishing into the night.

HackYeon was able to see him leave from the window from HyoJin’s room but was unable to see his face so he just familiarized his sense, in case he came back again.

 


AYO~

MY PIECE OF GUMMY BEARS!

I'M BACK WITH THE LATEST CHAPTUUURR~ WOOT~

I made it extra long to make up for the time I didn't update due to my laziness~

ahahahaha~

forgive me~ /bows/

anyways~ I should get going now! I'll be back to bring you another chapter

from my gummybear land!

HAPPY READING!

PPYONG~