Chapter 1: Beginning

Beauty and The Wolf

You looked at your reflection on the car’s window, fixing your hair, before you turned to your father. “I’m going now dad.” You said giving him a quick peck on the cheek. “Have fun in school! Stay safe!” he said watching you quickly get out of the car.

When you reached your school gate, you turned around and saw your father through the opened window of the car, waiting for you to get inside the school before leaving. You gave him a smile and a small wave before turning back and going inside.

While changing your outdoor shoes to your indoor ones, you had multiple people greeting you. You don’t really know them, but greeted them back anyways because you didn’t want to be rude, showing them your most genuine smile. The same thing happened on your way to your classroom, even when you passed by some teachers, you bowed in respect and greeted them.

The minute you stepped inside your classroom, everyone turned to look at you. You smiled and greeted them, giving them a small wave. You walked to your desk beside the window and settled down. Your best friend Baek Minji, arrived 30 seconds after you, settling down on her desk in front of yours. Both smiling and greeting each other. The second you two were comfortable, you were quickly surrounded by your friends.

“Morning to you two! Looking beautiful as always” said Changjo winking at you and Minji.

You smiled and greeted him back, while Minji let out a low chuckle and playfully punched him on the stomach.

“Looking swaggie as always Jo.” I complimented back.

“Thanks, I try babe.” Dusting off imaginary dirt off of his shoulder. Your smile grew wider from his quirkiness.

You and your group of friends were chatting away when; Jongup came up panting with his palms flat against your desk. Chaekyung stopped checking her nails and looked at Jongup, “Whoa. Who’s chasing you Uppie?” she asked.

“I..... over....slept.... thought.... I... wouldn’t....make.... it” he replied back panting in between words.

“Well you’re lucky, you’re not late this time, or it’s another detention for you” Changjo said, handing him a bottle of water.

Jongup muttered a “thanks” before gulping down half of the water. “Slow down Uppie” you said, laughing. And just in time, the warning bell rang telling the students to quickly get to their respected classrooms and get ready for homeroom period. Your friends scattered, settling down to their seats, while you fixed your uniform and turned to face the front of the room.

“Hey, I heard there’s a new student.” Minji said, turning her head a bit towards me.

“Really?.... oh I didn’t know” You said looking around the room for an empty desk. “There’s no extra desk, I should go to the storage room and get one”

“Let the new student do that. You’re not his or her slave. They have feet and hands” She said

“But I’m the class president. It’s my job to take care of these kinds of things” you replied.

Before Minji could say anything more, your homeroom teacher walked in. Everyone rose from their seats, greeting the teacher. “Bow!” you said and everyone did as you said. Your teacher motioned for you to sit down and did as you were told.

“Class... before I do attendance, I want to announce that a new student will be joining your class today and I want you all to treat him like a friend. Make him feel welcomed and tell him everything he needs to know” Mrs. Park, your homeroom teacher said.

Everyone replied a “yes Mrs. Park”, she nodded and looked around the room before resting her eyes on you.

“Ms. Kang, I want you to help out the new student until he’s comfortable, understood?”

“Yes Mrs. Park, I understand”

“Alright then....” she turned to the door and said “Mr. Kim, please come in and greet your new classmates”

Just on cue, a tall man with dark hair, plump red lips, dark eyes, tanned skin and a blank expression walked in and stood in front of the room, while Mrs. Park grabbed a chalk and wrote the student’s name on the board. Everyone started talking. Girls squealing and giggling as they watch him, guys letting out a sigh of defeat or scoffing.

“Quiet!” Mrs. Park ordered, with her back facing everyone.

After she finished, she turned back to face the class. “Go ahead and introduce yourself Mr. Kim” she said, while the man simply nodded.

“My name’s Kim Jongin” he said. Everyone was expecting more than 4 words but that was all that they got from him. You heard two girls say “He’s so cool” in sync and Changjo groaning. You weren’t particularly that mesmerized about him and you wondered why the girls were acting like that. Looking at your best friend, you expected her to have that same blank expression but even you could tell that she was mesmerized by the new student.

The teacher was a bit bewildered but recovered right away, clearing . “It seems like there’s no extra desk for you Mr. Kim.... ah! Ms. Kang, please go with Mr. Kim to the storage room and grab him a desk” she said ordering you.

“Yes, Mrs. Park.” you replied, standing up and waited for him to come up beside you. Chaekyung turned around to face you and mouthed “Lucky” and winked at you before turning back to face the front. You tilted your head a bit wondering what’s so lucky about assisting the new student.

When he reached you, you both walked out of the classroom and headed towards the storage room that was at the other side of the building. It was a bit awkward for you for a bit, stealing glances at him as you practiced lines inside your head how you were going to introduce yourself to him.

He let out a sigh and stopped, making you almost trip. You furrowed your brows in confusion and turned your head to look at him. You had to look up since he was a good 2 feet taller, now that he was this close to you. He let out another sigh before, slightly looking down your way. His expression wasn’t the friendliest, causing your brows to narrow the gap between them even more.

“You don’t need to fret over how you’re going to introduce yourself since I’m not going to bother remembering it anyway. Save your breathe.” He suddenly said. Your eyes widened, bewildered.

“How did you...” you said, lifting your hand a bit, pointing towards him. It was like he completely read your mind.

“Kang Hyojin, class president” he said smirking before he continued walking forward.

Your mouth opened, eyes widening more as you watched his back. “How did he... I didn’t even... what?!”

“Yah!” he said in a sharp voice, turning back to face me. “Will you snap out of it and show me where the storage room is?”

“How did you.... know my name?” you asked him.

“Doesn’t matter. Now hurry up”

“No! Tell me how you know my name, because as far as I know, I don’t remember mentioning at least my first name to you”

He let out a huge breathe and strode his way back towards you, making you stumble back a few steps.

“The teacher told me. Hurry. Your. . Up. Before you piss me off and lady, that’s never a good thing” he said through gritted teeth, his expression a lot scarier than it was a minute ago. You gulped and nodded slightly.

When you both reached the storage room, you stepped inside first and looked for a decent desk available that you could take back. You smiled when you spotted a desk that looked like it hasn’t been used yet so you thought it would be a good choice. Once you made your way towards it, you dusted off the dust on the desk but stopped when you spotted a huge white rectangular shape in the corner of your eyes.

A piano. You slowly stood up straight and walked towards it, running your finger along the edge of it feeling the piano over the white clothe that was protecting it. You felt a lump on your throat and your vision started to blur, tears threatening to fall. You closed your eyes, as images started to flood in your head.

 

“Oppa!” you said, opening the door with a huge smile on your face, looking at the back of a man, sitting on a stool, playing a soft and gentle song on the piano.

The man stopped playing, turning to look at you. “Oh? Hyojin-ah” he said. You giggled and made your way towards him, settling down beside him.

You gently touched the keyboard and pressed one, playing a high note. The man started playing again, this time a more melancholic song. It was a familiar song to you since; he would always play it whenever you two were together. You closed your eyes and listened to it, smiling.

“You’re escaping class again?” he asked you. You hummed in response. He chuckled and continued playing. You rested your head on his shoulder as you felt a gust of wind enter the room from the window.

 

You could still remember it all. But your reminiscing was cut short when you were pulled back to the present time with Jongin yelling at you.

“YAH! Are you deaf?” he said with an annoyed voice.

You quickly blinked your tears away and wiped your cheek with the back of your hand, sniffing. You let out a sigh before turning back to look at the man who was now glaring at you.

“I’m sorry... I wasn’t paying attention. Grab that desk!” You said pointing to the desk you saw earlier and made your way out of the room.

 Jongin watched your retreating back and let out a frustrated sigh, grabbing the desk in one hand and the chair on the other, walking out following you.

You stopped when you realized you just left Jongin by himself to carry both the chair and desk. But when you turned around you saw him walking towards you carrying the two with ease. You blinked and just watched him.

He stopped and looked down at you. “Isn’t that heavy?” you asked him pointing at the desk. “Here let me help you...” You said reaching for the chair.

“No need. I got it. Do I look weak to you?” he said. His expression blank now.

“Well.. No, but...”

“I said I got it” he said and walked around you, heading back to the classroom. You frowned and followed after him.

When the two of you got back to the classroom, the homeroom teacher told Jongin to sit beside you since the space next to you was empty.

“And since, Ms. Kang will be taking care of you until you’re settled, it would be best if you two sat next to each other, yes?” Mrs. Park said.

He didn’t respond and just settled his desk beside yours and sat down. You couldn’t dare to talk back to the teacher so you simply said “Yes” and nodded. You caught Jongin scoff and roll his eyes. You bit your lip in frustration and crossed your arms, facing forward.

“Jerk” you thought.

Jongin smirked.

 


AYO~ my pieces of gummy bears!

Let me thank you all first because I never expected to have 13 subscibers already before I even posted the first chapter

Thank you all so much. I don't know how to properly show you how glad I am. /sends y'all a kiss through the screen/. Lmao.

I'll work hard for this story! Aja Aja Fighting! '-')9 

oh and don't be scared to comment about anything at the comment box, whether good or bad ^^ 

it will be great feedback for me, so I know what I can work on.

See y'all lovelies at the next chapter!

Ppyong~