Chapter 7: Time Together

Beauty and The Wolf

Monday. It’s a holiday so you didn’t really have to go to school but being the President of the student council, you had to go in to discuss issues regarding some suspicious solicitors hanging around the school gates which alarmed some students.

You smiled and waved goodbye to Mr. Kim before heading inside the school. You were the first one to arrive in the Student Council room and opened the curtains to bring light in the dimmed room.

As you were taking your jacket off, you felt a presence behind you and was taken aback when you saw someone hiding in the shadows.

“W-Who’s there?”

“Ohoho... you could actually sense me? Taemin’s mate really is unique. That’s the first time I’ve encountered a human who’s able to sense a wolf’s presence.”

-Your POV (1st person)-

Taemin?! How does he know him? What is he talking about? Mate? I’m Taemin’s mate?... wait did he seriously just say wolf? Is he saying that he’s a wolf? What is he talking about?!

“L-look I don’t know... who you are or what you’re talking about but students except the student council isn’t supposed to be here—Ouch!”

Why is the earring burning? This hurts! I can’t take it off!

-back to 2nd person-

You were trying to take the earring off but it won’t budge. You noticed that the man was moving towards you so you took a step back. You ignored the burning pain on your ear and focused your attention to the unknown man.

As the light revealed the man, it also revealed his beauty. It stunned you how beautiful he is. You’ve never seen or met a man who’s even more beautiful that a woman. Your mouth opened slightly and you couldn’t take your eyes off of him, admiring such beauty. His light brown locks, his prince like features and those pair of enticing eyes.

“His eyes remind me of someone. Although this pair shows nothing but coldness, yet his gives you warmth and comfort every time you get lost in them...”

You were still staring at the unknown man when your view was suddenly blocked with someone.

“I thought you’d never show up” the unknown man said with amusement clearly heard from his voice.

“What the hell are you doing here?” the man blocking you said.

You snapped out of your trance when you recognized that voice. The same voice that keeps you up at night... Kim Jongin.

He turned to look at you and that’s when you were assured that it is him. You blinked and looked up to him, your lips parted wanting to say something but couldn’t.

“It’s those pair of caramel like eyes...” You thought.

“Hyojin? Are you ok?” Jongin asked.

You just simply nodded and sighed in relief.

“Sorry to ruin your moment but I’m here on an important business Jongin. !”

Jongin turned to face the man again and his expression turned cold with rage, “Do I look like I give a damn Luhan? And don’t forget that you’re still in our territory. One wrong move Luhan. One.”

Luhan scoffed and scratched his chin.

“You know... I actually find her interesting. I think I’d like to see more of her, possibly take her.” Luhan said before walking towards the window and opening it.

“See ya later princess” Luhan added before leaping out of the window.

It caught you off guard and gasped. You ran towards the window and looked down to see what happened to him. You didn’t understand why but he was perfectly fine, he was walking away like jumping off from the third floor was nothing.

You turned around to face Jongin again, “What is happening? Why does he know Taemin? What is he talking about being his ‘mate’? What is this business about wolves!?” you started asking.

Jongin pulled out a chair and sat down on it before letting out a breath and ruffling his hair.

“That bastard had to do this and ruin things...” he mumbled and looked up to you.

“Well?” you exclaimed, impatient.

“He knows Taemin because we had some business with them before. He’s just some crazy bastard saying he’s a wolf so just ignore it” He explained.

“Ok... so let’s say that’s that. What about that ‘mate’ crap he mentioned?”

“You know that earring you got from Taemin? That indicates that you’re special to him. Like his ‘other half’ or that sort of . ‘mate’ is just a slang to us... it has the same meaning as girlfriend or boyfriend”

You blinked and looked out the window trying to take in what just happened but you had a feeling that something’s wrong and that Jongin wasn’t telling the truth.

“Then what about jumping off the window? We’re in the 3rd floor! No normal person just jumps off the 3rd floor and walks away like nothing happened!”

“Like I said. He’s a crazy bastard. He does things like that all the time.” He said as he got up and started to walk away.

You didn’t know what gotten into you but you didn’t want to let him just walk away.

“Wait! Jongin...” you said taking a step forward planning on following after him but he stopped at the door.

Jongin turned his head to look at you and raised his eyebrow.

“Let me treat you to something!”

“Why?

“W-well... you... saved me from that lunatic friend of yours and I just want to repay you back”

“First of all he’s not my friend. Second, you don’t need to repay me back. Lastly, don’t you have something important to do to be at school on a holiday?”

“Yeah I do but they can do it without me for once... I owe you come on!”

“No thanks” he stated as he continued to walk away.

You clicked your tongue and grabbed your bag before running after him and holding his hand pulling him along.

“Hey!” he called

“Come on! Just one time!” you said while looking back once and flashing him a smile.

Little did the innocent Jongin know that seeing you smile and your hair flying with the sun shining and making you dazzle like a diamond, his heart throbbed.

++

Hackyeon was driving to your school to bring you your lunch when he saw you and Jongin running off hand in hand out of the school.

He furrowed his eyebrows and followed after the two of you wondering why you were with someone who he knew you shouldn’t be with.

++

You stopped in front of your usual cafe and turned to look at Jongin as he looked at the small building with a bored expression. You chuckled and pulled him inside.

The barista recognized you and flashed a smile, drying his hands with a hand towel.

“Hey Hyojin, there’s school today? It’s a holiday” the man with a brown hair pulled into a low ponytail with curly strands framing his face, gentle eyes, straight nose and full lips asked as he made his way to you.

“Mmm... I actually just ditched a student council meeting, but I have a good reason!” you explained as he nodded.

“A good reason? You ditched a meeting to go on a date?” He said with a grin while eyeing Jongin.

“Hongbin oppa! That’s not it! I owe him so I came here to treat him to your delicious coffee and cake” you said while flashing him a wide smile.

Hongbin chuckled and reached out to you. Jongin suddenly stepped up and blocked his hand with his arm and glared at Hongbin which surprised him.

“Whoa there tiger! I was just going to pat her head no need to go all defensive” Hongbin exclaimed as he pulled his hand back.

It caught you by suprise too and just blinked while you stared at Jongin who suddenly got protective.

“Now that I’ve gotten a good look on you... You look a lot like that man Hyojin used to come here a lot with after school. Was it Taeyang something? Tae... ah! Taemin!”

Just by the mere mention of his name, your mood suddenly went down and caused you to look down on the floor, biting your lip. Hongbin noticed this and realized he mentioned a name that shouldn’t be mentioned and mentally face palmed himself.

“Hey Hyo I didn’t mean to mention his name... I’m sorry! Here I’ll make you your favorite caramel macchiato and a cream puff! On the house, yeah?” he offered half panicking since he always makes this mistake.

You looked up and forced a smile, “No that’s okay oppa. I should just really get over it... I can’t mope around about it every time his name gets mentioned around me”

Hongbin sighed and patted your head. “Really sorry, I’ll bring you the coffee and cake in a bit, go ahead and take a seat”

You nodded and complied, with your hand still holding Jongin’s, you pulled him to your usual spot by the window and sat down letting his hand go.

While Jongin sat in silence, he looked down at his hand that you held. He didn’t understand why but the moment you let go, he wanted to hold your hand again and never let go.

Hongbin came after with a tray containing your coffee and cake.

“Here you go Hyo, macchiato and puff and americano for you friend.”

“Thanks oppa” you replied with a smile.

After half an hour of chatting Jongin, it occurred to you that the two of you have a lot in common. He had the same sense of humor as you did; you had in common towards movies and books. And as much as the two of you liked being around your friends, you liked spending time alone.

You saw so many different sides of Jongin. His laughter was contagious, his smile stirred something inside you and the way he concentrated and looked at you with those pair of brown eyes, while listening to you talk melted you. In the small amount of time that you two spent, you felt closer and more familiar with him.

It gave you a warm feeling and was greedy for more.

Jongin’s phone chimed and fished it from his pocket, checking his message. You noticed that his expression changed drastically and became concerned. “What is it?” you asked.

“Sorry... I have to go, my family needs me back at home. Be careful on your way home alright? Or call someone to pick you up. Don’t want that bastard Luhan sneaking up on you again.” He replied before standing up and walking out of the cafe.

You tried to follow him but as soon as you got outside the cafe, he was nowhere in sight.

“Hyojin” someone from behind you called out.

Turning around, you saw Hackyeon with his hands stuffed in his pocket, his blazer ed and wearing an expression you rarely saw on him but very familiar. “Oppa?”

“Don’t ever go near that man again, understood?” He said while his unmoving cold expression kept still.

“What? No I don’t understand... Oppa what are you talking about?” you asked straightening up and furrowing your brows.

“That man’s dangerous and I don’t want you anywhere near him...”

“You don’t know that!” you retorted back, surprised at your sudden defense on Jongin. But you didn’t care. You couldn’t stand the fact that your beloved cousin was there accusing your friend to be a bad influence.

“I can feel it”

“Hackyeon oppa, you’re being ridiculous! You don’t know him.”

“And neither do you. Just do as I say! I don’t want you getting mixed up with the likes of him!” he commanded, his voice rising, the control of his temper obvious from the held back hardened tone of his voice.

 You scoffed and crossed your arms. For someone whom everyone idolized, no one knew, not even your best friend about this stubborn and hard-headed side of yours. “You can’t tell me what to do! You’re not my dad!”

“I never said I was and I will never act like one until it is necessary. There are many things you still don’t know Hyojin and frankly, you’re a mere sheep on her own waiting for wolves to devour her.”

“Wolves! Why do I keep hearing that word! Damn it is everyone out of their minds? What? Are we in that era where were-wolves exist? They’re mythical creatures oppa! They don’t exist!” you replied getting mad at being called a sheep.

“You don’t know anything Hyojin. You’re still not in the right age to know everything. I need to keep you safe until you’re ready! Don’t act like a brat!”

“Ready for what?! For all my life ever since I can understand and speak what others are saying that’s all I’ve been hearing around me! You, mom, dad, and the relatives. ‘She’s not ready’, ‘when will she be ready?’, ‘isn’t it time we tell her?’ oppa what is this being ready for! Tell me!”

Hackyeon walked towards you and held your hand, shaking his head slowly while looking into your eyes sincerely, “I can’t tell you just yet... just give it more time.”

With that, you snapped and the next thing you knew, your hair flew in front of your hair, shaking with anger. You collapsed on the ground at the sudden loss of energy and saw Hackyeon 20 feet away from you on the ground groaning.

Eyes widening at the realization that you threw a man who’s way bigger than you are across the street.

You stared at your shaking hands and saw Hackyeon walking towards you like nothing happened, worry washed over his face and slowly trying to reach for you. You backed away afraid that you might hurt him again, but what confused you was that he didn’t looked hurt at all.

“What... what did I just... Who...” you stuttered questions all at once trying to get out of your lips, demanding answers. Hackyeon simply shook his head. Before you were aware of it... your breathe hitched and everything went blank.

 


AYO MY PIECES OF GUMMY BEARS~

WOOHOOO~~~

GUESS WHO'S BACK? OH WOOT WOOT~!!!

BELLOW TO YOU NEW FRIENDS e u e

I hope you enjoy this update and the story! 

 

p.s. can anybody recommend me a good poster shop? I want to order a good poster for the story~

the shop i ordered to changed and stuff and frankly, my order got forgotten asdghjkl Dx rage rage rage

but yeah, can someone or anyone recommend me a good poster shop? OuO thank you~

 

OK BYE GUMMIES~

SEE YA LATER~

PPYONG~!!