Destination

Paths Destined

„Lunch together near the Han River?“

„Yes,someone told Junsu about a new seafood restaurant near the bridge and he really wants to try out the food there.After that we can go to the Han River and take a walk or whatever we want to.“ Yunho replies.“Your brother is also invited of course.“

„Hyun Joong hyung is meeting up with Yihan hyung today so I guess that he won't come along." Jaejoong pouts..

"I see..." The CEO drawls."But you are going to come,right?"

Yunho sounds sincerely worried that Jaejoong would reject the invitation,sensing that Jaejoong may not feel all too comfortable meeting up with them without his brother just yet despite the progress in his and Yunho's relationship.

"Of course!" Jaejoong replies,blushing once he realizes that he might sound a little too enthusiastic."I mean...I'll gladly join in."

Yunho chuckles and Jaejoong can imagine him smile afterwards."Then I will pick you up around 12 PM,would that be alright?"

"But I could just drive to the restaurant myself." Jaejoong protests softly."I don't want to bother you."

"You are not bothering me at all and now that we are going out,I will pick you up to go on dates more often."

Jaejoong finds his cheeks heating up at those words."I-I can also be the one to pick you up for dates,you know?"

"Of course you can,I didn't say you couldn't.I just wanted to let you know that you should get used to me pampering you in general.I like the idea of doing that."

"Hmm..." Jaejoong hums as he bites onto his bottom lip shyly."I think I've never met a more courteous man."

"I'm being courteous because I simply want you to feel good when you are with me." The CEO admits."So let me pick you up at 12 PM?"

Jaejoong nods although the other can't see him,a subtle trace of a smile on his lips."Yes,I'd be happy if you'd pick me up."

The two of them then end the call and Jaejoong grins as he places his cellphone back onto the nightstand while taking a glance at the clock.

"I guess it will be alright for me to get some more sleep." He mumbles before snuggling into his warm blanket.
 

• ♔ •


Jaejoong moans in slight annoyance as the doorbell keeps ringing along with his phone.”What...”

He opens his eyes slowly and looks around,soon finding himself taking a hold of the phone and seeing Yunho's name on the display,a gasp of shock escaping from in between his lips when he looks at the time.

12.30 PM.

“No!” Jaejoong hisses before answering the call,immediately storming out of his room as he suspects Yunho to be the one at the front door.

“Yunho I'm so sorry I went back to sleep and-” He stops himself,yanking the door open to see Yunho standing there with his phone,obviously surprised to suddenly see Jaejoong in front of him.

“It's okay...” Yunho speaks slowly,his voice echoing from Jaejoong's phone before the two of them decide to end the unneccesary call.”I was just worried about you since you didn't pick up your phone.”

Jaejoong smiles,not knowing what he is supposed to say to something so sweet.

Yunho has a thing for rendering him speechless.

But when he realizes that they are running late because of him,Jaejoong immediately gasps and looks towards the kitchen in panic.”I wanted to prepare some snacks for later just in case we decide to stay at the Han River for a while but I still need to take a shower and dry my hair and we're running late because-”

“Jaejoong.” Yunho calls out with a chuckle,successfully silencing the young assistant as he steps closer and gets a hold of Jaejoong's hand.

His gaze is so warm and loving,making Jaejoong feel so much more at ease despite the state he is in.

Yunho then removes his right hand only to run his fingers through Jaejoong's dishevelled hair with a chuckle.

Jaejoong looks like a puppy.

A puppy with unruly hair,doe eyes and red,red lips.

Yunho cups Jaejoong's left cheek with his hand,soon leaning in with a smile.

“You are really,really cute.” And with that said,Yunho presses a soft kiss onto Jaejoong's forehead.

Slow and lingering.

It may not be the most intimate kiss if compared to a kiss on his lips,but it touches Jaejoong's heart in a way that is simply indescribable.Just the feeling of Yunho's lips on his skin is enough to make him feel blissful.

“Now go and wash up first.I'll call Junsu and the others and tell them that we'll go there a bit later,neither of them is on the way to the restaurant yet anyway.” Yunho speaks.”I just wanted to pick you up earlier so we can spend some more time together without the others.”

“Oh.” The younger man utters,pouting.”I'm sorry that I-”

“It's alright,we'll have many more chances for that in the future so don't worry about it.Go and wash up,I'll wait here for you.” Yunho promises,but Jaejoong doesn't go into the bathroom right away.

“Would you like to drink something while you're waiting?I can also turn the TV on for you.”

“No it's alright,really.” Yunho chuckles,finding it utterly adorable how panicked the other is once again.”Go and wash up,I'll wait.”

Jaejoong takes a deep breath and nods as he points towards the living room.”Please go and have a seat,I'll be back as soon as possible.”

With that said,Jaejoong immediately skips towards the bathroom,smiling at how intimate they are thanks to yesterday night where they spent the time holding each other,talking about everything possible as they lost themselves in their own little world where no one else dared to disturb them until it was time for Jaejoong to head home with his brother.
 

• ♔ •


“Jaejoong hyung,you should try this.” Junsu says as he places an abalone into Jaejoong's bowl of rice.

Jaejoong accepts the offered food with a smile,eating it right away.”Thank you.”

“Aren't you dropping the formal speech way too early,Junsu?He didn't even offer it to you yet.” Changmin asks,one eyebrow raised at the young heir who then looks at Jaejoong with a pout.

“Do you mind if I call you hyung?” Junsu asks.”I mean...you are my future brother-in-law, so...”

The student doesn't speak further,only grinning when he sees the blush on Jaejoong's cheeks and the proud grin on his brother's lips.

“I-I don't mind.” Jaejoong assures,not daring to look up from his bowl as he feels Yunho's gaze on him.

To be called someone's future brother-in-law makes Jaejoong feel warm yet nervous at the same time.He and Yunho are still at the stage of getting to know each other,dating yet not in a serious relationship yet and Jaejoong doesn't want to hope for too much – although he catches himself daydreaming about their future together from time to time – considering the circumstances.

“Stop teasing him or you might scare him away before I can make him your brother-in-law.” Yunho says and finally manages to make Jaejoong look at him,the young assistant's look of surprise only causing Yunho's grin to widen.

Yunho is only teasing him,but somehow...the way the CEO stares at him after saying those words make Jaejoong think that maybe,it's not pure teasing after all.It would be wonderful to have Yunho as his husband one day,but it's too early to discuss about the issue in earnest.

The ringing of Yunho's cellphone surprisingly eases the tension out of the situation and the CEO shortly excuses himself to go out and have a phone conversation with the promise to make it short.

Just then,Jaejoong decides to give the crabs a try but soon finds himself unable to break the shell deligently which causes Changmin – who is sitting to his left – to silently get a hold of the crab and do it for him,placing the crab meat into Jaejoong's bowl bit by bit until nothing of it is left inside the crab anymore.

“Thank you.” Jaejoong says and flashes Changmin a smile to which the other responses to with a nod and a hint of a grin.

“I've never seen Changmin hyung being so nice.” Junsu then blurts out.

Yoochun laughs when Changmin glares Junsu's way.”Not to people outside of our group.But Jaejoong ssi is now one of us,isn't he?”

Junsu nods with a hum,smiling at Jaejoong once the other is looking at him.

“We're his seniors,we should offer him to talk comfortably to us.” Changmin then notes and causes Yoochun to nod in agreement before the two of them look at Jaejoong.

The young assistant nods timidly.”If you are really offering me that then I hope you won't mind me calling you 'hyung'.”

“We won't mind at all.” Changmin and Yoochun reply,the taller one of them less enthusiastic than the other.

And just then,Yunho returns as he puts his phone back into the right pocket of his jeans.

It's still a little weird for Jaejoong to see the Jung brothers and their two friends in casual clothes instead of suits or a school uniform of an elite school.He didn't have time to think about it yesterday,his mind filled with something or rather someone else,but now that they are sitting together like this,he can't help but find the sight foreign still.

“Junsu took his kite along,so expect to see him running around like a cute baby duck later on.” Yoochun says before giving his boyfriend a grin when the other glares at him playfully.

“Who are you calling a duck?”

“You,my sweet baby duck.” Yoochun replies,quickly leaning in to give Junsu a quick peck on the other's lips which easily earns him Junsu's forgiveness.

“You two are sickening.” Changmin grumbles,looking away with a shake of his head before he drinks from his water and ignores Junsu's supposedly threatening call of 'Changmin hyung!'.

Yunho doesn't say anything,too busy looking at Jaejoong who eventually stops eating before offering Yunho a piece of the crab.

“Do you want some?”

The CEO chuckles,nodding and accepting the crab meat.”Thank you.”

“Are you two starting with that too?” Changmin asks once he sees Jaejoong feeding Yunho.”Jaejoong how could you.Using the crab meat I freed from the shells for you for something so cheesy.”

Jaejoong laughs.”I'm sorry,hyung.”

Yunho raises his eyebrows in wonder,more than surprised by the sudden stage of intimacy between Jaejoong and his friend.

“Me and Yoochun have gotten closer to Jaejoong while you were gone.”

“I see.” The CEO says as he looks at Jaejoong.”I'm glad.”

That Jaejoong is now warming up to his friends truly makes Yunho happy.He wants Jaejoong to see that they are willing to accept him as part of their group.He wants him to know that he now has a special place in not only Yunho's but also the others' lives.


• ♔ •


After the very satening meal at the restaurant,the group decides to find a nice place by the Han River to sit at and enjoy some tea Jaejoong prepared in a hurry earlier.And thanks to the assistant,they also have some picnic rugs to sit on.

He had wanted to be prepared for everything and Yunho easily agreed to take everything Jaejoong deemed as necessary with them before they headed off earlier.

“Didn't you want to play with your kite?” Yoochun asks his boyfriend,laughing softly when Junsu lies down on the picnic rug with a sigh.

“No...I'm too full too move.”

Yoochun leans down to kiss Junsu's forehead gently,not saying anything as he notices how his boyfriend is starting to drift off to sleep.Junsu didn't get to sleep much yesterday and a nap could only do him good.

“Last night must've been tough on him.” Yunho says.

“Yes...he just didn't want to sleep because he was so excited even hours after getting home.” Yoochun chuckles.

Yunho nods in response before he gets up with a smile.”I'll go and take out a blanket.He's lucky that Jaejoong wanted to bring it along.”

“Thank you.” Yoochun then says while looking at Yunho before his eyes are on Jaejoong.

The young assistant receives a gentle smile from Yunho before the CEO heads off to go to their cars,leaving Jaejoong alone with his friends.

Jaejoong soon notices that Changmin is not sitting with them anymore and spots the other standing by the water,obviously having finished his tea.Pouring some of the warm liquid into the cup Changmin left behind,Jaejoong slowly gets up to approach the tall man.

“The tea might help you fight the cold wind.”

Changmin looks at him and gladly accepts the cup of green tea.”Thank you.”

“You're welcome.”

“And also thank you for being with Yunho.” Changmin mumbles,causing Jaejoong to look at him in slight surprise.”I've never seen him this happy before,no matter how many he tried to date before...no one ever managed to make him smile and play around like you do.”

Jaejoong looks away and smiles to himself as he listens to what Changmin has to say.

“When me and Yoochun met you the first time,we knew that this day would come.It had been very clear to us from the very start that you are exactly what Yunho has always been searching for and we're thankful that you decided to be with him.” The tall man chuckles.”We've almost given up finding someone suitable for him.”

“Were his last partners that bad?” Jaejoong half jokes.

Changmin turns around to face him properly,causing Jaejoong to do the same.”They were not even partners.I don't know what I should call them,but let me make it clear to you.You are on a whole other level than them.”

Jaejoong feels touched that even Yunho's least talkative friend is now having a conversation with him so casually,even clarifying about his importance in Yunho's life.

“I don't know whether I actually have the right to say this considering that we barely know each other,but...” Changmin pauses briefly.”Whenever you have problems...we are not only Yunho's friends but also yours from now on.Got it?”

The younger man's smile widens as he nods.”Got it.”

“Got what?” Yunho asks as he approaches them,immediately placing his hands on Jaejoong's shoulders from behind.”Aren't you cold?”

“No,my jacket is warm enough.” Jaejoong assures.

“But mine isn't.I'll go and enjoy my tea over there.” Changmin announces before he rushes to get back to where Yoochun and Junsu are.

“What were you two talking about?” The CEO inquires.”I almost got jealous.”

“There is no need to.” The younger male turns around to let Yunho hug him.”But what was said between us will remain a secret.”

Yunho hums and Jaejoong swears he sees a small hint of a pout.”You are already having secrets?”

Jaejoong smiles teasingly at first before he remembers the one secret he has not told Yunho yet.”There is something that I want to tell you.The reason why I didn't give you an answer right away was because I was struggling with my feelings for you and someone else.I'm telling you this because I think that you should know so no misunderstanding about why I kept it a secret from you will come up in the future.”

“I already suspected something like that.” Yunho admits,remembering how he himself told his friends about it not long ago.”And I think I know who that someone is,but it's not necessary for me to know it for sure.Because it's not important to me what was in the past.I'm just happy that in the end,you chose me.”

Yes.Yes,he chose Yunho in the end.Just like he did in his dream back then.

“I had a very strange and meaningful dream about the situation...do you want to hear about it?” Jaejoong inquires.”I know that you don't deem what was in the past as important,but...”

“Is that dream so meaningful to you?”

Jaejoong nods.

“Then I want to hear about it.” Yunho smiles,sensing that whatever that dream included,it must be very important to Jaejoong for the other to bring it up like this.

“Well...in that dream,I initially chose that other person.” Jaejoong wraps his arms around Yunho once he feels the other's body stiffen.”But things didn't work out between us because as time passed by...I realized more and more that for me,it has always been you.”

Jaejoong takes a peek at Yunho's face and feels ashamed of himself for bringing the look of disappointment and sadness into the other's eyes.

“And...how did the dream end?”

“It...ended with us being together.”

A sigh of relief escapes from in between Yunho's lips and Jaejoong is surprised to see the other smile brightly once again.”So I can count on it that even in dreams,you'll eventually choose me?”

“Yes...it's you.It will always be you.” Jaejoong assures.”After that dream,I didn't really trust my own heart for a while because I didn't want to make the wrong decision like in my dream and end up hurting everyone,but then I realized that my heart has been telling me the truth all along.It belongs to you.It always has.And I want you to know that.”

Yunho smiles and leans down to let their lips brush against each other in a gentle carress.”My heart is yours too.”

With that said,the CEO makes sure to claim Jaejoong's lips for a proper kiss for the very first time,the sunlight embracing the couple subtly under the watchful eyes of Yoochun and Changmin who can't help but grin and yet feel slightly sorry for Junsu as the other misses the special moment.


• ♔ •


When it comes to love,it sometimes doesn't really matter which path you take.When you are truly fated to be with someone,all paths are destined to lead to only one destination.

----------

A big thank you to everyone who subscribed and upvoted this story and stuck with this despite the not so pleasant second pairing ;)

What I wanted to bring across with this story is,that when two people are destined to be together, it doesn't matter how many obstacles (in this story in forms of a third party) they have to go through,they will eventually end up together. This thought has been my constant companion throughout the time of shipping YunJae. I believe that no matter what,in the end...it's the two of them.Furthermore,like Jaejoong in his dream,we all make mistakes and wrong decisions in our lives.Not everyone gets a second chance,but to make mistakes is simply a human character trait...it's reality.We don't always make the right decisions and that's what I wanted to show in this story.

And guess what kind of relationship between JaeMin I wanted to hint at in this ;)