Choices (Part C)

Paths Destined

“This just can't be true.” Jaejoong sighs as he looks at his wristwatch for a second before looking at the damaged car in front of him.

Lady fortune is not on his side today and decides to gift him with a deflated tire which is absolutely unfixable for him and much to his dismay,he has no spare tire nor anyone who would be able to give him a ride to work because his brother has long left for his own work and he doesn't want to bother Yihan either.Taking the public transport is of course an option,but he is still going to be late and decides to give Hwangbo a call but she simply doesn't answer the phone.

Not really knowing who else to call,Jaejoong dials his boss' number – thank god Hwangbo saved it on his phone yesterday - and waits for the other to pick up with a trembling heart.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Ah...Mr. Jung?”

“Yes,Jaejoong ssi is that you?” Yunho answers,sounding as calm and charming as ever.

“Yes,Sir.” Jaejoong confirms with a shy smile,oddly happy about it that his boss recognizes him just by his voice.”I'm sorry,Sir.But I'm afraid that I won't be able to be in the office in time.One of my tires is deflated,there is no one I could possibly ask for a ride and Hwangbo ssi isn't answering her phone.Taking the bus will take a while and-”

“Jaejoong ssi calm down,it's really alright.” Yunho assures,obviously having noticed the panic in Jaejoong's voice.”I'm about to head to the office,where are you?Still at your house?”

“Yes,Sir.”

“Good,stay there and message me your address.I will pick you up.”

“T-Thank you,Sir,but-”

“No buts,it's really alright.” The CEO's words manage to stop Jaejoong's attempts to protest and he easily agrees to message his address to his boss.

The two of them then end the call and instead of being more relaxed because he is going to be at work in time,he finds himself being more nervous at the thought of getting there in his boss' car.

• ♔ •

“Hwangbo ssi called me this morning.She's taking one day off to take care of family matters.” Yunho says,starting the engine as he drives off to the company with Jaejoong sitting right next to him.”You will have to fill in during certain schedules but don't worry,I'll help you and I believe that you will handle everything more than fine.”

“Thank you for believing in me,Sir.” Jaejoong answers,an adoring smile on his lips as he looks the CEO's way.

Unfortunately he misses to turn away in time when Yunho turns his face to look at him as the red light forces them to stop and catches him staring like an awed puppy.The strange feeling he had yesterday during the dinner returns once he sees Yunho grinning at him and he is more than glad when the CEO looks back to the front once the light turns back to green,forcing Yunho to concentrate on driving once again.

“Your house looks nice.” Yunho says.

Jaejoong smiles at the compliment,glad that someone knows how to appreciate the work he put into choosing the right decorations for the porch and planting all the trees and flowers in their front yard together with his brother when the two of them moved in three years ago.”Thank you,Sir.”

“Are you living there alone?It seems rather big for one person.”

“I'm living there with my brother.” The younger man answers as he looks out of the window.”Our parents are living not far away together with our sisters.”

“Your sisters?”

“Yes,there are eight of them and one is livelier than the other.” Jaejoong laughs as he averts his gaze away from the streets of Seoul to look at Yunho.

“I see.” The CEO mutters with a smile.“I have one younger brother and he is probably as lively as eight people together.”

Jaejoong's chuckles.”Must be nice to have someone like that around to lift your mood whenever you feel stressed or sad.”

“Yes,it is.” Yunho agrees.

• ♔ •

“Don't worry,everything you have to do is give me the files I need when I ask for them.” Yunho explains as they walk towards the meeting room,swiftly replying to Hwangbo's text message before giving his phone to Jaejoong.”Hwangbo ssi told me that you should check your emails.Do that after the meeting.She sent you some instructions for today.”

“Yes,Sir.” Jaejoong replies,utterly nervous as the fear of facing several businessmen and businesswomen in a room where he would be in the front next to his boss trying to assist him the best he can without allowing for his clumsiness to humiliate him and also Yunho in front of everyone.

“Jaejoong ssi.” Yunho's hands get a hold of Jaejoong's shoulders to stop the other from walking further.”Don't be nervous,everything will be okay and you will do more than fine.”

Jaejoong nods,forcing himself to smile when his boss refuses to let go of him or even look away.

Knowing that Jaejoong is still nervous despite his words but having no choice,Yunho relents and continues walking with Jaejoong right behind him.Fixing his suit a little,the CEO immediately approaches the other attendees of the meeting before gesturing for all of them to step into the conference room,Jaejoong receiving the task to close the double doors behind them as everyone else settles down at the large table in the middle of the room before he joins them to hand out the needed documents to everyone.

Once he is done,he catches Yunho briefly looking at him before his gaze fell on the chair to his right where Jaejoong settles down for the rest of the meeting.

Things are not as bad as Jaejoong expected them to be,espcially because everyone is paying attention to Yunho – as they are supposed to – instead of him and his sometimes trembling hands as the CEO talks about the latest business developments and future plans for Jung Corp.,most of his ideas being accepted without any protest while others provoke long discussions the CEO obviously knows to end well without offending anyone alhough Jaejoong can sometimes see his jaw tightening in anger about some things the others say.

But despite everything working out well,Jaejoong can't help but be relieved when the meeting is finally over.He quickly collects the documents,his eyes automatically following Yunho's movements when the CEO approaches one of the businesswomen with a smile that had Jaejoong's heart hurting slightly.

“Looking as handsome as ever.” The woman compliments the CEO,receiving a chuckle from Yunho in return as they hug.”And still as charming as I remember.”

Jaejoong bites onto his bottom lip,gaze casted downwards as he listens to their conversation.

“Thank you.” Yunho says.”And you are still as gorgeous and flirteous as I remember.”

The woman laughs before hitting him slightly.”Hey I'm just complimenting you,I'm not flirting.And don't ever say stuff like that to your cousin.”

“Alright.” Yunho agrees.”It's not like I want to risk having your husband strangling me for it.”

'Husband...she's married.' Jaejoong thinks,feeling oddly at ease.'To his cousin.”

He blushes upon recognizing his feelings from a few seconds ago as what they are.

Jealousy.

Alright,maybe it's not only physical attraction that he feels for the CEO and maybe his feelings will not fade away as easily as Jaejoong thought they would.

“Hyori noona,this is Kim Jaejoong,Hwangbo ssi's new assistant.” Yunho introduces him as he approaches Jaejoong with the beautiful woman smiling at him.”And Jaejoong ssi,this is Hyori noona,my cousin's wife.”

“It's nice to meet you,Hyori ssi.”

“It's nice to meet you too,Jaejoong ssi.” Hyori says as they shake hands,her red lips curved up into a brigh smile when she let go of his hand to whisper something into Yunho's ear and whatever it is,it manages to make the CEO getting flustered.

Hyori clears with a smile of amusement.”Well I need to go now,have a nice day.”

“Yes,you too.” Yunho and Jaejoong answer in unison,bowing to bid her goodbye as she makes her way out of the meeting room and leaves the two of them all alone.

“You did well.” Yunho compliments as he stares at Jaejoong and the other smiles shyly,bowing in gratitude.

“Thank you,Sir.”

Yunho nods with a smile before walking out with Jaejoong right behind him.The walk back to their offices was quite and although Jaejoong does want to talk to him – especially about whatever Hyori said to Yunho earlier – he somehow finds himself tongue-tied and starts to get rather annoyed by this new-found habit of going silent when he is usually a very talkative person before he started to work here.

It's really unlike him to allow for an awkward silence to even come up,but he just couldn't help it...Jung Yunho makes him that way.

“You better check the email Hwangbo ssi sent to you immediately,you have to be done with whatever she instructs you to do by 6 PM.” Yunho speaks once they are back in Hwangbo's and Jaejoong's office.”I need you to be ready for the big meeting at 6.30 PM.”

Jaejoongs nods.”Yes,Sir.”

Yunho smiles at the answer before entering his own office and leaves Jaejoong alone,unintentionally also giving him a chance to relax.

• ♔ •

One second.

Only one second in which he doesn't pay attention and hell breaks loose as he accidentally spills the coffee he is serving the businessmen sitting in the conference room with Yunho,the hot liquid being poured onto the man's leg before Jaejoong could even react.And when he does,it's already too late.

The man springs up from his seat,yelping in pain as he looks down onto his drenched pants before his gaze falls on Jaejoong.

“You stupid little kid!Can't you be more careful of what you are doing?” The man yells at Jaejoong,causing the boy to stand there frozen,unable to say anything although he really wants to apologize.”Good-for-nothing assistant,you should get fired for being too dumb to even serve coffee-”

“That's enough,Mr. Nam!” Yunho cries out,also standing up as he glares at the man screaming at Jaejoong.”You have no right to insult any of my employees in any way and as far as I am concerned,I'm the only one who can bring up the issue of a termination.Mr. Kim made a mistake,but that does not give you the right to respect him as a human being any less.Please leave and take care of your leg,we will have a break of thirty minutes.”

There's some mumbling as everyone leaves the room,but no one really protests and when everyone is finally outside,Yunho turns around to face Jaejoong again.

The poor boy is trembling,barely able to hold the pot of coffee as he obviously fights with the tears.

“Jaejoong ssi.” Yunho calls out softly,his feet slowly carrying him to where Jaejoong is.”Jaejoong ssi look at me.”

But Jaejoong is still too shocked to move,making Yunho get a hold of his shoulders to turn him around before the CEO takes the pot of coffee to place it onto the table next to them,his fingers soon back on Jaejoong's arms.

“Jaejoong ssi-”

“I'm so sorry!” Jaejoong cries out,tears finally falling as his sobs make his body tremble some more.”I'm so sorry,Mr. Jung.I'm sorry...I just...I'm sorry.”

Seeing how devastated the young one is,Yunho gently pulls him in for a hug,his strong arms holding Jaejoong close to his heart as he allows for Jaejoong to cry his heart out against his chest.He can feel the front of his shirt getting wet,but he doesn't mind.As long as Jaejoong can find comfort in his arms,he doesn't care.

“Accidents happen and they can happen to absolutely everyone,don't be sorry for something that was beyond your control.”

“Maybe Mr. Nam was right...” Jaejoong whispers,more to himself than to anyone else,but the CEO hears it nevertheless.

Yunho looks down at him sympathetically.”Jaejoong ssi look at me.Please.”

When Jaejoong doesn't move,Yunho slowly pulls back to bring some distance between their bodies,his right forefinger soon underneath Jaejoong's chin to make him look upwards with a gentle force.He presses his lips into a thin line,heart aching when he sees the amount of tears Jaejoong is shedding.

Yunho lifts his hands to craddle the other's face in between them,thumbs brushing the tears from Jaejoong's cheeks.

“He was not right.” Yunho's clarifies.”Nothing he said was anywhere close to being the truth and you shouldn't dwell in foolish words from a foolish man.”

“Mr. Jung.” Jaejoong whispers,soon wrapping his arms around the CEO,face buried into the other's chest as the last tears roll down along his cheeks.”Thank you...thank you so much.”

He feels oddly warm and safe like this,trapped in between Yunho's arms as if nothing and no one can ever harm him as long as he is right here.And then he feels it for the very first time...the intense beating of his heart,wild and unrelenting.

'Am I in love?'

• ♔ •

“Good morning.” Hyun Joong greets his brother once the younger one enters the kitchen.

When Jaejoong returned from work yesterday,Hyun Joong was already there to greet his brother in the living room,looking through some documents as he tried to get some things done before enjoying his weekend free from any kind of work.And when he looked up to face Jaejoong,he immediately noticed the subtle traces of red in the other's eyes,the beautiful orbs marked by tears he shed.

But Jaejoong refused to tell him why exactly he had been crying,dismissing his tears as the consequences of a tough day at work before swiftly hiding in the safety of his room before Hyun Joong had the chance to question him further.

“Good morning,hyung.” Jaejoong smiles.

“Are you ready for the trip?Yihan will be there in a few minutes.”

Jaejoong halts and turns around to look at his brother,eyes widening in shock.”The trip.”

Hyun Joong chuckles.”You forgot about it?”

“So many things happened and I just...yes I forgot about it.” He admits,walking straight to the fridge to get several things out,ready to make some proper lunch boxes for the three of them like he had planned a week ago when they decided to make a trip to the beach together.

“Go and wash up,I'll handle this.” Hyun Joong says,approaching his younger brother with a smile before he takes the food away from Jaejoong when the other doesn't make any move to do as said.”Go.”

Jaejoong nods before rushing into his room to get some clothes,hasty steps soon carrying him into the bathroom when he hears the doorbell ringing and assumes Yihan to be on the other side of the door.

• ♔ •

“Are you sure that you don't want to join us in the water?” Yihan inquires,getting ready to storm towards the sea with his best friend who is already halfway there,screaming his lungs out about something neither Yihan nor Jaejoong can understand.

“I will.” Jaejoong smiles.”But later.”

Yihan nods,slowly jogging towards where Hyun Joong is at the moment before the two best friends dive right into the water,wanting to find out who is the better swimmer between the two of them.Jaejoong watches them in silence,the smile on his lips never fading as he thinks about yesterday evening.

The way Yunho not only defended but also comforted him was nothing but sweet,the intense heartbeat he felt the evening before still unforgettable and Jaejoong doubts that the memories of how he felt in Yunho's arms will fade in the near future.His determination of wanting to forget about whatever feeling he is about to develop for Yunho disappearing bit by bit,unable to withstand the strong attractions he feels for the CEO and Yunho being so utterly nice and sweet to him yesterday didn't help one bit.

“Your brother's competitiveness is no joke.” Yihan pants as he approaches Jaejoong and lies down next to Jaejoong on the big mat they brought along earlier.

Jaejoong laughs,nodding in agreement.”I'm glad he never had the intention to compete against me in anything before.”

The older male doesn't say anything as he sits up,soon stretching his right hand out to brush a few strands of soft hair out of Jaejoong's face and finds himself being rewarded by a smile that has his heart beating faster.

He clears his throat,quickly removing his hand as if caught doing something he shouldn't be doing.”You seemed to be deep in thoughts about something important,did something happen at work?”

Jaejoong raises his eyebrows in mild surprise before shaking his head and looks away with his gaze now on his playful brother who seems to be having fun even without others there to play with him.”Nothing happened,I was just...thinking about the last time we came to the beach with our parents and sisters.”

“I see.” If Yihan knows that he is lying,he obviously doesn't want Jaejoong to know that he does.”It's too bad that they couldn't join.”

“Well I guess my parents are enjoying a wonderful day at the beach of Jeju right now and my sisters are having a good time driving their colleagues crazy in the office.” Jaejoong chuckles.

“It has been a while since your parents went on a trip.”

“Yes...they barely allow themselves to spend money on anything these days and if me and my siblings wouldn't have been so adamant about having them go on the trip to Jeju,they would've stayed at home on their wedding anniversary.I wish they wouldn't have to worry about these money issues.”

Hearing Jaejoong talk about the money issues the Kim family is having at the moment has Yihan pressing his lips into a thin line,his expression glum.”Jaejoong...you know that I'm always here to help,right?”

Jaejoong looks at him questioningly,probably wondering what Yihan's confusing words mean before realization sinks in slowly and makes him nod with a weak smile,turning around again as if wanting to hide the sadness engulfing him.With his oldest sisters having to give up on their restaurant after an accident which resulted in the whole restaurant burning and being destroyed beyond repair,the family lost the main source of income and got into a few financial troubles since then especially because their family is big and everyone shares just about everything,especially money in order to support each other so no one really had much money left for themselves anymore after the restaurant burned down.

Jaejoong himself originally planned on studying music and arts but seeing how the situation of his family is at the moment,he willingly gave up on his dreams to help earning money although his parents and siblings begged him not to do it.They didn't want him to sacrifice his dreams for them,but Jaejoong refused to do anything else but search for a job after graduation.

He can remember how his parents have cried,pleading him to not worry about anything and just follow his dreams like his siblings have done.But he couldn't bring himself to do that.He just couldn't,knowing that he would never be fully happy to study what he actually loves when he knows that his family is struggling and actually needing him to bring in some money instead of spending some for his studies at a university.

“Thank you,hyung.” Jaejoong whispers,voice laced with too many emotions to say more.

But no more words are needed.

Yihan shifts closer to wrap his right arm around Jaejoong,pulling him closer until the other is leaning against him with his head on Yihan's shoulder.He knows that Jaejoong is trying hard not to cry,especially with Hyun Joong there to make a big issue out of everything.And considering what Hyun Joong told him about Jaejoong's reddened eyes from yesterday,Yihan doubts that Hyun Joonf would allow for Jaejoong to talk himself out of the situation a second time.

“You don't have to thank me for anything.” Yihan replies,his heart racing when Jaejoong wraps his arms around him for a hug,snuggling even closer to Yihan and unintentionally giving the older male the strength to blurt out something he would never dare to say under normal circumstances.”I would do everything for someone I love.”

He regrets his words,he really does.His heart...his whole body is burning as he waits for Jaejoong to say something – anything – that would finally make the tension between them go away.But everything Jaejoong does is pulling away slowly,his eyes showing nothing but surprise.He parts his lips as if wanting to respond,but no words are said and before he can regain his composure,Hyun Joong is already back to save the day...at least for Jaejoong.

Neither Yihan nor Jaejoong initiates a clarification of the situation and Yihan's words,pretending that nothing happened as they allow for Hyun Joong get all of their attention for the rest of the day.

And every time Jaejoong flashes him an awkward smile,Yihan's heart breaks.

• ♔ •

Once they are home,Jaejoong takes his shoes off in a haste to put his slippers on before running right into his room without giving Hyun Joong any chance to question him about what is wrong with him and Yihan today.Although his brother has said nothing about the matter until now,Jaejoong is sure that Hyun Joong knows something is going on.With the awkward way Yihan and him have been acting it's impossible for Hyun Joong to not have noticed it.

Jaejoong is sick of the confusion inside his heart and his mind,hating how an emotional chaos keeps spreading inside of him for the past few days.

Did Yihan really confess to him?Is the love he talked about really the love Jaejoong always yearned to receive from the older male?If that's not what Yihan meant,then why was he acting so strange afterwards?

He groans,swiftly kicking his slippers off before climbing onto the bed and underneath the blanket as if wanting to hide himself there for the rest of his life.

If that was really an indirect confession then shouldn't he be happy?Why is all he feels pure confusion instead of the happiness he imagined himself to drown in if Yihan shall ever confess to him?

“But he didn't really confess.” Jaejoong argues with himself.

“Jaejoong,are you alright?” Hyun Joong asks from the other side of the door after he knocks on it.

Jaejoong sighs,not wanting to talk about the chaos in his heart at the moment.”Yes hyung,I'm just really tired.”

For quite a while,there comes no answer and Jaejoong almost believes that Hyun Joong has left when his brother's voice suddenly speaks up.

“Alright.” A small pause.”Don't forget to wash up before you go to bed.”

“Yes,hyung.” Jaejoong replies.

'I'm sorry,hyung.'

He knows that Hyun Joong is worried about him,but he just doesn't want to talk about it at the moment,every other thought about the happenings only making his head ache.

Only a few months ago,he would've been jumping around in joy because those kind of words coming from Yihan,but right now the pictures of Yihan he has in his mind are being mixed with the ones of his boss and Jaejoong realizes that he is in great trouble.

His heart is in trouble.

• ♔ •


After coming back from running errands for Hwangbo,Jaejoong returns to his desk with a smile.But he barely has time to check the new files Hwangbo is handing to him when three men walk in,two of them all too familiar to him.

“Good evening.” The smallest amongst them greets with a bright smile,his school uniform easily catching Jaejoong's attention as it's the well-known one of an elite school not far away from the company.

“Good evening,Junsu ssi.” Hwangbo says,Jaejoong soon following her example in greeting him and the other two males.

“Is Yunho hyung inside his office?”

“No he is still having a talk with one of the shareholders.”

Junsu pouts.”When will he be back?”

“He should be back in about 10 minutes,would you like to drink something while you are waiting?”

The student hums as he ponders before nodding.”Could you get me some orange juice?”

“Sure.” Hwangbo smiles before looking at the other two men standing right behind Junsu.”How about you,Yoochun ssi and Changmin ssi?”

“Some coffee would be nice.” Yoochun replies and Changmin merely nods in agreement before walking straight to the sitting area where a new arrived magazine catches his attention.

Yoochun chuckles before following his example and heads towards the sitting area as well with Junsu right behind him.

“I will get your drinks.” Hwangbo announces as she gets up and walks right out of the room,much to Jaejoong's dismay as the young assistant starts to panic upon being left alone with the three males from which two are now staring at him.

“You are Kim Jaejoong,right?” Junsu asks,getting up to approach the nodding assistant.

“Yes,J-Junsu ssi.” He doesn't even know why he is stuttering,Junsu doesn't even look threatening.

“I'm Jung Junsu.” The student introduces himself,bowing first to greet the older male.”I'm Jung Yunho's younger brother.”

Ah.That's why.Making Jaejoong nervous seems to be a Jung thing.

“Nice to meet you,Junsu ssi.” Jaejoong's smile widens upon remembering the younger brother Yunho mentioned yesterday during their car ride to the company.”I've heard about you from your brother.”

Junsu laughs.”Only good things I hope.”

“He was talking about how bright you are and I consider that a very good thing.”

The student seems content with the answer if the smile on his lips is anything to go by.”I've heard a lot about you too.”

“Y-You did?”

“Yes.” Junsu nods.”And I can understand why my brother's heart decided to finally name its owner.”

“P-Pardon me?” There is nothing else he could say,his mind filled with confusing words he doesn't know how to use in order to form coherent sentences.

“Well-”

“Junsu you shouldn't bother Jaejoong ssi when he is working.” Yunho chides as he walks into the room,ignoring the grins of amusement he sees on Yoochun's and Changmin's lips,silently cursing his best friends for being of no help in keeping his brother away from Jaejoong.

And as expected,his brother is pouting at him.

“Let's just go into my office to talk-”

“Here are the drinks.” Hwangbo announces as she walks in,holding a tray with the wanted drinks in her hands.

“Great,let's go.” Yunho quickly gives his brother small pushes to make him enter his office,soon motioning for his best friends to follow him as well.

Changmin rolls his eyes before placing the magazine back onto the table,but he still does as Yunho wishes and steps into the CEO's office together with Yoochun who doesn't miss to smirk at Jaejoong.

He is left to deal with his chaotic feelings all alone as Hwangbo makes sure to serve the drinks to Yoochun,Changmin and Junsu and when she returns,Jaejoong doesn't really know what to say or do and thus decides to remain silent.

Several minutes pass before Yunho's guests walk out with smiles of satisfaction on their faces,not missing to bid goodbye to Hwangbo and Jaejoong as they do.

The CEO himself steps out of the room not long after,his eyes searching for Jaejoong in an instant.”Jaejoong ssi...could you please come in?Just a few minutes.”

“Yes,Sir.” Jaejoong gets up slowly,hands automatically fixing his shirt although there is absolutely no reason for him to do so as he approaches Yunho and walks past him into the office once the CEO steps aside.

He heads straight towards Yunho's desk and halts in front of it,only looking back towards his boss when he hears him giving Hwangbo the permission to leave earlier than usual.When the CEO closes the door and looks at Jaejoong,their eyes lock for a brief second before Jaejoong avoids the other's gaze with a small smile,turning around to look to the front where Yunho's desk is.

But instead of returning to said desk like Jaejoong had expected,Yunho walks right towards him to stand only a few inches away from him,the rich and musky scent of his aftershave doing things to Jaejoong a mere aftershave isn't supposed to do.

“What my brother said earlier...” Yunho starts,only pausing to clear his throat although Jaejoong is pretty sure that absolutely nothing is stuck there.”I-I'm sorry.”

Jaejoong blinks,not really knowing what he is supposed to say in return and Yunho seems to notice his lack of words to say.

“Junsu is...he just wanted to help,but I would've preferred for me to take the first step in telling you about it and not my brother.” Yunho sighs.”And I'm pretty sure that you feel the same.”

“M-Mr. Jung what...what exactly are you talking about?”

He knows the answer,deep down he knows.But he doesn't want to believe in something that never got confirmed by Yunho himself.He is not dumb and he of course understood what Junsu implied earlier,but yes...just like Yunho himself said it a few seconds ago,he prefers to hear it from Yunho himself although he still doesn't really know how to react to whatever the CEO is going to tell him.

Yunho seems to be stunned at the sudden question,obviously losing focus on the things he planned on saying as he clears his throat once again and Jaejoong somehow finds himself adoring to see him this way,slightly flustered and surprised.

“I...” The CEO takes a deep breath.”Jaejoong ssi you immediately caught my attention when you stepped into my office not long ago and I...my heart decided to court you from the very first moment and I know that this might scare you considering that we barely know each other but I...”

He pauses,trying hard to calm his nerves before he takes Jaejoong's hands into his.”I would like to ask you out on a date.Just one date to see where things between us can head to.And even if you don't agree to it I would understand and it will by no means influence our work relation at all so you can answer me honestly.”

His smile is assuring despite the nervousness taking control over the movements of his lips once in a while and Jaejoong knows that Yunho would be true to his words if he shall reject him.One part of him wants to say yes because this is his chance to finally confirm his own feelings for the CEO who refuses to leave his mind nowadays.But another part of him wants to say no because just as much as thoughts about Yunho keep haunting him,so do thoughts about Yihan.

Seconds pass by and the smile on Yunho's lips turns glum although the CEO is obviously trying hard to seem okay.Jaejoong didn't say anything yet but that that's probably exactly why Yunho has such a bad feeling about Jaejoong's upcoming answer.

“I feel honored,but...” The small 'but' has Yunho's heart sinking.”I need some time to think it over.You said it yourself that we barely know each other and I just...need more time.I'm sorry.”

Yunho nods,now looking a little less broken.”At least it's not a no.”

Jaejoong finds himself smiling at his words.

“Take your time.” Yunho says.”I'll be waiting.”

There it is again,that warm,safe feeling.

• ♔ •

Immediately turning the lights on after entering the house,Jaejoong shoves the door closed with his foot,soon placing his briefcase onto the comode next to it together with his keys.

Not long after their talk,him and Yunho seperated to go home and although he is supposed to concentrate on driving his now repaired car,he always caught himself thinking of Yunho for way too often than it was good for him in that situation but luckily he made it home safely.

After changing into his slippers he heads straight towards the kitchen where he finally has time to check his phone,soon discovering the missed calls from his brother.

Hyun Joong is most probably still at work and won't be home until midnight like he announced this morning and Jaejoong doesn't know what reason his brother would have to call him so often,but whatever it is,it's probably urgent so he decides to call him back immediately,waiting for his brother to pick up the phone while he takes a look into the fridge.

“Jaejoong.”

“Yes,hyung.You called?”

“Yeah,Yihan and I planned to watch a horror movie tonight,could you help fixing some snacks for us?Just something simple,we'll be there in about an hour.”

“Yes...sure.” Jaejoong has to bite his bottom lip real hard to prevent himself from sighing.

Things between him and Yihan are awkward ever since they went on that trip together and Jaejoong doesn't really know how to handle him,especially not after Yunho's confession today.Everything is driving him crazy at the moment and he knows that he needs to talk about this with someone and he would usually go to his brother for it but how is he supposed to explain his feelings to Hyun Joong when he himself doesn't even know what is currently going on with his heart?

Sighing,Jaejoong slowly starts to prepare the snacks his brother wants and waits for the two best friends to arrive.

• ♔ •

It's still awkward.

From the very beginning the greeting between him and Yihan is filled with so much awkwardness that their friendliness almost seems forced and although Hyun Joong does throw them a rather weird look,he says nothing and heads right towards the living room where he finds snacks and several drinks on the table.

“You didn't have to make this much.” Hyun Joong says when his brother steps into his room,a small apologetic smile on his lips.

Jaejoong shakes his head and leans against the doorframe,his large pajamas almost making him seem like a small boy.”No but I know how hungry you two are after work.”

Hyun Joong laughs at the younger male's words before he walks towards the cupboard with all of their movies to get his newest possession and also the reason for Yihan's presence out of it with a grin,soon throwing it to his best friend who fortunately manages to catch it although he is in the midst of entering the living room.

“Colic.” Yihan reads the movie title out before looking at his best friend.

“I can't believe you never watched it before,it was very popular back then.”

“I'm a few years late but not too late.” Yihan retorts as he heads towards the couch and joins his best friend there,deliberately pretending to not see Jaejoong when he walks past him because of the lack of things to say to the other.

He wants to talk about everything but Jaejoong obviously doesn't want to and he lacks of ideas of how to approach Jaejoong without pressuring him too much.

“Have fun,I'll be in my room.” Comes the timid announcement from Jaejoong and causes Hyun Joong and Yihan to look at him.

Hyun Joong raises his eyebrows in surprise.”Don't you want to join us?”

“I already know the movie.” Jaejoong chuckles.”You forced me to watch it with you for about ten times already.”

“Alright,sleep well.” Hyun Joong smiles at him adoringly.

“You too later on.” The youngest answers,his eyes on Yihan for a brief moment and he feels his heart aching when the older male refuses to even look at him.

He walks out with a sigh and misses the way Hyun Joong is staring at him before doing the same to Yihan.

“What's wrong with you two?” Hyun Joong asks and gets up to put the DVD into the DVD player,soon starting the movie as he goes back to the couch to sit down next to Yihan.

“What do you mean?”

Hyun Joong snorts.”You know exactly what I mean so just answer me.”

Yihan bites onto his bottom lip,his fingers seeming more interesting than his best friend until Hyun Joong nudges him and demands for an answer.

“Hyun Joong...how would you want the one man or woman for your brother to be?”

“Why?Are you going to change yourself to live up to my standards?” Hyun Joong retorts,successfully making Yihan look at him in surprise before the other chuckles upon realizing that if anyone could figure things like these out,it would be Hyun Joong.

“Since when?” Hyun Joong turns around to sit sideways on the couch to have a better look at Yihan who swiftly does the same.

“A few months before his graduation.I don't even know when exactly I stopped seeing him as a little brother and started to see him as a...” Yihan pauses as if scared to say the very last words.”...potential lover.”

“Things like that happen long before we realize it.”

Yihan agrees with a nod.”But when I indirectly confessed to Jaejoongie on our small trip he kind of...didn't really react the way I would've hoped for.We haven't really talked to each other about it and things somehow turned awkward between us because of it.”

“I see.” Hyun Joong hums.”You should go and talk to him now.The longer you're avoiding to talk about it,the worse things will get.”

Yihan knows that Hyun Joong is right,of course he is right.

Another nudge from his best friend and Yihan is already on his way to Jaejoong's room,nervousness increasing with every step he takes.He can hear the faint sound of music coming out of Jaejoong's room and takes it a sure sign that the other is still awake.

He takes a deep breath that manages to free him from at least some of his nervousness before he knocks on the door in front of him.

“Yes?”

“Jaejoongie...can I come in?”

Something about the way Jaejoong hesitates to answer him tells Yihan that he is most probably to receive a no or at least a gentle rejection paired with an excuse in response.But his feelings deceive him.

“Of course,hyung.”

Now having the okay,Yihan opens the door carefully before entering the room as if walking on eggshells,first poking his head in to look for Jaejoong and soon smiling when he spots the other on his bed,the younger male's fingers now working on turning off the music player.

He doesn't say anything albeit noticing the look of curiousity in Jaejoong's eyes and closes the door properly before finally approaching the boy who seems to grow more pretty with each passing day,his beauty perfectly reflecting the boy's beautiful heart.

“Jaejoongie we need to talk about what happened on the beach.”

He somehow expected for Jaejoong to protest,but he doesn't and allows for Yihan to step even closer in order to start the conversation the older male has been avoiding for Jaejoong's sake until now.

“You do know what I wanted to tell you with those words,right?”

“I-I'm not sure.” Jaejoong admits,now sitting up on the soft mattress.”I mean I'm just not sure whether I understood what you said to me correctly.”

“I see.” Yihan mutters,his feet soon carrying him until he is standing right next to the bed and decides to just sit down before his knees can betray him.”Jaejoong I've never been overly good with confessions or words in general.I just want to tell you that the brotherly feelings I once had for you were replaced by something so different and maybe you don't feel the same way but I just have to tell you that I...Jaejoongie,I've fallen in love with you.”

Jaejoong's lips part exactly the way they parted earlier inside Yunho's office and just like over an hour ago no words come out from between the pink petals.He once again finds himself rendered speechless and he hates how indecisive he still is.Now that both men have confessed to him his heart should be able to tell which one it wants to choose but instead of making things easier for him Yihan's confession only manages to throw him deeper into the chaotic sea of feelings he is slowly drowning in.

This is the moment he's been waiting for for so long and now that Yihan is finally here to tell him that he is in love with him Jaejoong can do nothing but gape at the other although he knows that Yihan wants an answer.

“Hyung please just...just let me think about it for a while...” He doesn't know what else to say,too stunned to speak further.

This is definitely not how Yihan imagined things to be like.But what can he do beside accepting things as they are?Nothing,that's what.

He nods,not saying anything and trying to smile because no matter how heartbroken he feels at the moment,he doesn't want for Jaejoong to feel guilty.And He feels silly because Jaejoong did not say no but the possibility that he could say exactly that after thinking about it scares Yihan.

• ♔ •

Jaejoong doesn't know how long he had been lying on his bed staring at nothing in particular before his brother suddenly walks into his room without even knocking,which is highly untypical of him.

“I knocked.” Hyun Joong clarifies as if he's able to read Jaejoong's mind.”But you didn't answer so I...”

“I see.” Jaejoong replies softly.

“Jaejoong.” Hyun Joong steps closer to occupy the same spot on the bed Yihan sat on earlier,his eyes filled with sympathy and worry.”What happened between you and Yihan just earlier?He was silent during the whole movie,barely paid attention on what was going on around him and then suddenly insisted on going home right after the movie ended.”

Groaning,Jaejoong turns around and buries his face into the pillow and allows for it to muffle his words of frustration.Hyun Joong says nothing,silently watching his brother and only raising an eyebrow when Jaejoong turns his face to look at him.

“Hyung I'm in love.” Jaejoong says,swiftly continuing when his brother opens his mouth as if to say something in return.”With two people at the same time.”

Hyun Joong is too shocked to say anything and only motions for Jaejoong to go on with whatever he wants to tell him.

“Both of them confessed to me today and I'm so confused of who I love more and how to decide.I have to think of both equally much when I'm not with them and my heart reacts to both,how can this be?”

“Sometimes we get attracted to two people or even more at the same time but deep down we only love one.” Hyun Joong smiles when Jaejoong sits up to hug him,his head resting on Hyun Joong's shoulder.”And then comes the time where we have to decide who that someone is.I don't know what your heart wants,only you will be able to figure that out with some time.”

“I don't want to break anyone's heart.”

“It's love,Jaejoong...breaking someone's heart is part of it.”

Jaejoong knows his brother is right,someone's heart will get broken in this situation and no one will be able to help him making the decision between the two men fighting for his heart.And maybe with some time and deliberations things may get clearer to him.

So he tells his brother that he needs some time for himself,smiling when Hyun Joong agrees and gives him a short peck onto his forehead before leaving the room to give Jaejoong some space to think about everything.

'Who is it?' Jaejoong wonders,now lying back down on the bed,his gaze on the ceiling as memories of Yihan and Yunho fill his mind.

All the sweet things they did for him,the gentle way the two of them treated him and their confessions.

He thinks of how Yunho - charming,charming Yunho – smiled at him when they first met,immediately confusing his heart by making him feel uneasy and comfortable at the same time.How he didn't even hesitate to come and pick Jaejoong up for work,so unlike many other CEOs who wouldn't have cared about his problems and would've probably even fired him for being late.Then he remembers how he felt when Yunho defended him in front of his business partners,comforting him with encouraging words and a warm embrace when they were alone and managed to make Jaejoong feel safe between his arms.

He did nothing more than that,just holding Jaejoong as long as Jaejoong needed him to without making the young man feel uncomfortable.Jaejoong remembers how hard his heart was beating at that time,giving him a sign that the CEO is more than just a boss to him.

And then the confession...

The CEO might've kept his feelings a secret for a little longer if not for his brother who intentionally hinted at what he feels for Jaejoong.

Things between them are developing fast,not even one week and all sorts of strong feelings appeared.But how strong are those feelings?

Jaejoong sighs.

His thoughts then drift to Yihan,his handsome and friendly Yihan hyung.

He had been dreaming of the moment when him and Yihan would finally share the same feelings for each other until a senior named Song Jihyo came along and made Jaejoong give up on his feelings.

But months after Yihan and Jihyo broke up,Jaejoong found himself admiring Yihan again,reacting all too obviously to most of the things Yihan said to him and blushing whenever Yihan initiated some skinship – something he started to do more frequently after Jaejoong graduated – and thoughts of Yihan started to to occupy his mind again.

His feelings for Yihan have never been as strong as before Yihan's relationship with Jihyo again.

At first.

It was around the time he started to work at Jung Corp that he noticed himself falling deeper in love once again.But how deep has he fallen?

Slowly closing his eyes,Jaejoong soon finds himself dreaming of how life with either Yihan or Yunho would be.

How they would treat him in a relationship and how far things between them would get.

Captured in a trance,Jaejoong opens his eyes again and gets a hold of his cellphone lying on the nightstand,staring at the black screen for a while before he finally presses onto the home button and enters his passcode before scrolling through his contacts until he sees the 'J' section.

Taking a deep breath,Jaejoong deals the second number underneath the 'J',his heart beating faster when he hears the man on the other line answering the call.

“Yes?” A husky voice speaks.

“I'm sorry.” Jaejoong answers,feeling sad and guilty for hurting someone like this.”I can't return your love.I've been confused about my feelings lately and the reason why I did not give you a clear answer earlier was because I didn't know who I love.But now I know and please believe me when I say I didn't plan on leading you on or give you false hopes,I just needed some time to think about everything.”

“I...I understand.” The way the other's voice cracks breaks Jaejoong's heart.”I understand.”

Only silence follows before a final goodbye is said.

And although Jaejoong feels bad,he also feels relieved at the same time.His heart is not heavy anymore and allows him to break free from bothersome confusions so he can lose himself in his dreams.