Path One (Part A)

Paths Destined

Jaejoong is more than nervous when he steps into the room and approaches Hwangbo with a weak smile.“Good morning,Hwangbo ssi.Is Mr. Jung in his office?“

„Good morning,Jaejoong ssi.“ Hwangbo smiles.“And yes he is.Why?“

„I just have to talk with him about something,does he have time?“

The secretary nods in response.“Yes,the first schedule starts in one hour so you can take your time.“

Jaejoong smiles and places his briefcase on to his desk before walking towards the door to Yunho's office,making sure to knock on it first.

„Yes?“

„Sir,can I come in?“

There is a moment of silence.“Sure.“

Feeling a little relieved,Jaejoong opens the door and steps in to approach Yunho slowly.

„Mr. Jung.“

Yunho – who started watching him the moment he stepped into the room – nods,smiling at him.“Is something wrong,Jaejoong ssi?“

Jaejoong gulps,his fear to look into Yunho's eyes forcing him to stare at his own shoes instead.

„I'm sorry.“ He means it and although he already apologized to Yunho the night before,he can't help but feel the urge to say it again and again because he truly doesn't think that a simple 'sorry' will ever be enough.

Yunho doesn't need Jaejoong to explain to him what he is apologizing for.He already knows.

He gets up and walks towards the younger male who is obviously feeling guilty about something he shouldn't feel guilty about.He is not at fault for how he feels.Love is not someting you have full control over and although it does hurt that he is not the one Jaejoong chose,he doesn't want Jaejoong to feel bad about it.

„Jaejoong ssi please don't be sorry.“ Yunho places his hands onto Jaejoong's shoulders to give them a sligh squeeze,almost reassuringly.“You can't control who you fall in love with.“

Jaejoong nods in agreement despite his inner struggles and finally dares to look up and meet Yunho's gaze.He somehow expected to see a little bitterness in his eyes,but there is none.He is still looking at him with the same gentleness and adoration as before.

„You are a wonderful man,Mr. Jung.“ Jaejoong says,meaning every single word he says.“And one day you will find someone more worthy of your love.“

Yunho doesn't say anything,only removing his hands when Jaejoong bows down to excuse himself.He wants to say the words which are on his mind out loud,but he doesn't,silently watching how Jaejoong turns around and leaves the room.

Leaving him alone with his broken heart.

• ♔ •

“We're getting a new team member today,I overheard the manager talking about it with the boss just now.”

Yihan looks up at his colleague with raised eyebrows.”Is that so?”

“Yes,she is said to have been the manager of a small but successful hotel until a month ago so maybe she will apply for the position of the new hotel manager when Manager Kim retires in a few months.”

“I see.”

“I see?Isn't that the position you are aiming for?How can you be so calm about it?”

Yihan chuckles.”Getting worked up about something that is not even confirmed yet will not help me getting any closer to the manager position,Dong Wook.”

Dong Wook smiles.”Such a calm leader mentality.It will help you against Song Jihyo,I heard she is highly ambitious and competitive.”

Yihan freezes,unable to believe what he just heard.”Song Jihyo?”

“Yeah.” Dong Wook replies,now on his way out.”Song Jihyo,our new colleague.”

Out of all people it just has to be his ex-girlfriend.

Things didn't end well between them a few years ago after graduation.Yihan wanted to stay together with her despite her plans to move to Japan and work there but Jihyo wanted to end it,saying that she didn't want a far distance relationship.It naturally triggered a fight which turned out so bad that they broke up with bitter words.

And Yihan still didn't want to face her again.

The sudden ringing of his cellphone has Yihan forgetting about her and the anger he feels towards her for a moment and nervousness overcomes him when he sees Jaejoong's name on the screen,taking a deep breath before finally answering the call.

“Jaejoongie?”

“H-Hyung...do you still want me?”

Is Jaejoong really asking him what he thinks he is?

Yihan feels overwhelmed to say the least and all he manages to do is stutter.”Y-Yes.Of course I still want you.”

“I'm glad.” Yihan can imagine Jaejoong blushing with how shy the boy sounds.”Will you have me then?”

Yihan smiles,all negative feelings he had a few seconds ago now gone completely as he realizes that Jaejoong is now his.

“Yes...yes,of course I will.”

Yihan marks May 15th as the happiest day of the year.

• ♔ •

“So...you decided to choose Yihan?” Hyun Joong asks as he steps into the kitchen,the fingers of his right hand working on getting rid of his tie.”He called me today.”

Jaejoong nods and gets up to take a glass out for his brother who is already getting a bottle of orange juice out of the fridge.”He said that he will come and see me after work.”

“That late at night?”

“Hyung!” Jaejoong pouts and nudges Hyun Joong lightly,careful to not make his brother spill the orange juice he's drinking.”Don't panic,it's just a normal meet up.”

“With your boyfriend.”

“Hyung.”

Hyun Joong laughs as he places the glass onto the dining table,soon pulling his brother in for a hug.”I was just joking.I know nothing inappropriate will be going on.”

Jaejoong nods in confirmation and smiles when his brother pulls back a little to ruffle his hair.

“I'm happy for you.” Hyun Joong smiles.”Are you happy?”

“Yes.” Jaejoong whispers.”Yes I am.”

He walks towards the stove and is so busy warming up the food for his brother that he doesn't even notice the thoughtful way in which Hyun Joong is eyeing him.

• ♔ •

When the doorbell is ringing,Hyun Joong is the first one to arrive at the front door and opens it calmly albeit hearing his brother's hasty steps coming from behind.The first thing he does is to grin at his best friend before hugging him as if officially welcoming him in their family.

“I hope you know I'm going to go all 'big brother' on your if you shall make my brother cry.”

Yihan nods,knowing that the joke is to be taken seriously to a certain extent.”I know and I promise you that I won't give you any reason to be like that.”

“Hyung,don't threaten Yihan hyung!” Jaejoong warns as he approaches the two best friends with a frown which disappears the moment he looks at Yihan.

The older male is grinning at him and it's so hard to keep looking into the other's eyes so Jaejoong opts for staring at his brother instead who is of no help at all with his teasing grin and the annoying eyebrow-wiggling of his.He is supposed to be the adult between the two of them but sometimes Hyun Joong is nothing but a big kid in a suit.

“I'll go and watch TV,feel free to join me later on.” Hyun Joong announces and gives his friend's back a strong pat before heading towards the living room.

“Hello hyung.”

Yihan steps closer,smiling and not saying anything until he is standing right in front of Jaejoong and is able to press a soft kiss onto his forehead.”Hey,Jaejoongie.”

Jaejoong is unable to stop smiling and simply hugs Yihan back when he feels the other's arms around him.There is warmth and a comforting familiarity.

“How was your day?” Yihan mumbles against Jaejoon's hair.

“Good.” The younger one replies and looks up with his chin pressed against Yihan's chest and Yihan's smile only widens at the cute sight.”How about your day?”

“It was good.And it got even better when you called me.”

Jaejoong can feel the heat rising in his cheeks,a light hue of red soon apparent on his pale skin.

“Shall we go to your brother?”

The younger male nods,still refusing to let go of Yihan and ending up moving backwards with Yihan leading him until they are inside the living room where their close proximity earns themselves a snort from Hyun Joong.

“Couples these days.”

Yihan laughs.”Are you jealous because you have no one?”

Hyun Joong gasps and glares at his best friend as the other sits down with Jaejoong right next to him.”How dare you.How can you make fun of such a lonely man?”

And as the two best friends start to banter,Jaejoong simply smiles before staring at the TV screen,subtly noticing how Yihan wraps one arm around him to pull him closer as they sit next to each other without saying anything,the majority of the conversations being ones between Hyun Joong and Yihan.

It's nice to sit here like this with his boyfriend.

It really is.

But as time goes by,he finds his thoughts drifting to his boss despite having someone else's arm around him.

Throughout the day,the CEO seemed to look fine but there have always been those certain moments in which Jaejoong caught him staring at him almost longingly,sadness all too obvious in his eyes.And Jaejoong could always feel his own heart responding by aching and although he wanted to say 'sorry' every time his heart clenched,he remained silent because he knew that Yunho would never allow for him to apologize another time.

He had been where Yunho is right now.In love with someone who is taken,but what's even worse for Yunho is that the person he's in love with does know about his feelings but still rejected him.

He almost feels like a monster for hurting Yunho,especially because the CEO is a very great man who deserves the love he yearns for.

“What are you thinking about?” Yihan asks suddenly and Jaejoong looks at him in mild surprise upon being pulled out of his reverie.”You seemed to be deep in thoughts.”

“Ah...” Jaejoong looks away again,trying hard to seem normal as he smiles.”It's nothing,I was just thinking about everything that happened today.”

“I see.”

The couple smiles at each other,not really doing anything else before the two of them look right back to the front,not noticing that Hyun Joong is staring at them for quite a while before he clears his throat.

“Shall we watch a movie instead?”

“No horror movie.” Jaejoong retorts.”It's getting boring watching them.”

Hyun Joong huffs playfully.”Fine,suggest something then.”

“Let's watch 'Spirited Away!”

The eager way in which Jaejoong suggests the animated movie has Hyun Joong and Yihan looking at him in amusemet before the older Kim brother gets up to get the wanted DVD out of the cupboard.

“Our Jaejoongie is still a kid at heart.”

“'Spirited Away' is not childish!” Jaejoong protests.”And one is never too old for animated movies.”

Yihan smiles and leans in to press a peck on to his boyfriend's forehead,loving the way Jaejoong looks away shyly afterwards while Hyun Joong just laughs at his brother's attempt to defend himself.Jaejoong always prefers those because they are mostly very inspiring and deal with subjects which teach people the values of life,love and friendship.

Jaejoong is someone who loves peace more than anything else and by far not as easy to annoy as Hyun Joong and the majority of their sisters are.

After starting the movie,Hyun Joong swiftly returns to his spot on the couch and has to bite onto his bottom lip really hard to not laugh at how excited his brother looks as he waits for the first scene to be shown on the screen.He then notices the way Yihan is looking at Jaejoong and smiles albeit feeling something strange plagueing his heart.He doesn't know what it is,but something just seems off to him.

• ♔ •

“It was so hard to try seeming alright.” Yunho says,about to pour more wine into his glass when Changmin takes the bottle away from him.

“I can understand,but stop drinking.”

Yunho is about to protest when he feels Yoochun's hand on his shoulder.”He is right,Yunho.You should stop drinking.You keep sniffing and coughing and if you are about to get sick,alcohol is not going to help you feeling any better.”

Of course his friends are right,but he doesn't want to think about what's right or wrong at the moment.He just wants to drink the sorrow away.He wants the memories of Jaejoong's rejection to fade into nothingness.

It hurts more than he expected.

“I can't even understand why it hurts so much.” The oldest amongst them utters.”I barely know him but his rejection hit me so hard as if I've been in love with him for years.How can this be?I just don't understand it.”

Only one day ago he had been sure that his feelings for Jaejoong have not reached the state of love yet.He believed it to be strong attraction and nothing more.But when Jaejoong called him to tell him that he is not the one...it simply hurt.So much that it finally made him realize how much he truly feels for Jaejoong.

The way his heart clenches painfully whenever he thinks of Jaejoong always reminds him of how intense his feelings really are.And it hurts to know that Jaejoong does not feel the same.

“Time doesn't always define how intense love has to be.” Yoochun retorts.”I've told you about how hard I fell for Junsu after meeting him only once and that feeling was as intense as it is now.”

Yunho nods,letting out another sigh as he leans back against the couch he is sitting on,his eyes now fixated on the ceiling.”But I have no chance to get him.He told me that he now knows who he loves and that person is obviously not me,so what can I do to forget him?”

“Do it in baby steps.” Changmin suggests.”Feelings like these don't disappear easily just because you want them to.Whenever you catch yourself thinking about him too much you need to remind yourself that he can't be yours.It may hurt,but you have to try.”

Changmin is right.It is going to hurt indeed to spend the days with Jaejoong but having to remind himself that Jaejoong belongs to someone else already.The other male didn't tell him who that lucky person is,but something tells Yunho that it's the man who challenged him during dinner not long ago.

He isn't angry about losing a battle against another man.

He is sad about losing Jaejoong's heart to someone else.

“One day you'll be fine and until then you have to hold on.And one day you might find someone who loves you and can make you happier than Jaejoong would've ever been able to.”

“He said something along those lines too.” Yunho replies and looks at Yoochun.”He said that I'm going to find someone who will be more worthy of my love.But...”

“But you don't think that you'll ever find anyone better than him.” Changmin finishes the sentence for him and earns himself a nod from Yunho in return.

“It's ridiculous,isn't it?”

“No,it's not.You're in love and it's completely normal to think that way when you love someone.There's nothing ridiculous about it.”

Yunho smiles at Yoochun's words.This man's view on love never fails to make him smile.It's romantic and wise and he never has to doubt that Yoochun's feelings for his brother are genuine.

• ♔ •


“She's here.”

Yihan looks up at Dong Wook and before he has the time to ask who his colleague means,the manager walks into the room with a smiling woman right behind him.Yihan gets up and bows to greet the manager,remaining on his position although there is nothing he would love to do more than walk away after realizing who that woman is.

She has changed.Her features are now better defined and the very simple girl next door he was once in love with is now a woman.

“This is Song Jihyo,your new colleague.” Manager Kim announces and steps aside to let Yihan and the rest of the team take a better look at her,a proud smile on his lips.”I'm sure she will turn out to be a great addition to the team.”

Jihyo bows to greet everyone,smiling as if she doesn't even recognize her own ex-boyfriend even when she is staring straight at him.”Hello I'm Song Jihyo,please take care of me.”

A call of united greeting fills the room and Yihan can practically feel how everyone is staring at him.He is the senior in the team and everyone naturally expects him to go and welcome her first.

Which he does.

Walking right towards her,he stretches his right hand out with a forced smile which only falters when she takes the offered hand to shake it.”Welcome in our team,Jihyo ssi.”

“Thank you,Yihan ssi.”

It doesn't really surprise anyone that she knows his name already,he is carrying it around on the nametag on his shirt all the time,but Yihan knows very well that Song Jihyo doesn't need the nametag to know his name.She knows him.She remembers him.But she is acting as if they don't have a past together.

Her grasp on his hand is firm,nothing like the gentle way in which she used to touch him.

They let go of each other after a few seconds and Yihan gives her another nod of recognition before stepping back to stand next to Dong Wook.

“Well then have a nice day of work.” Manager Kim speaks,eyes now on Jihyo.”I'm sure that your colleagues will guide you well.”

The elderly man excuses himself before stepping out of the staff room.

“Well.” Dong Wook starts after clearing his throat.”I could show you around in the hotel if you want.”

Yihan is really thankful that he has Dong Wook as not only a colleague but also as a friend who seems to understand it very well that Yihan does not feel like walking around with his ex-girlfriend,no matter how long it has been since they last saw each other.Their two other colleagues – Yoo Seungho and Lee Minho – are a little confused at the change of roles,knowing that it's actually Yihan's duty to show the new one around,but it's not on them to comment on anything.

“Sure.” Jihyo replies and smiles as Dong Wook walks towards the door and motioned for her to follow him.

But she doesn't.Not without hesitating as she looks at Yihan one last time.

'What does she want?' Yihan wonders,highly confused by Jihyo's behavior.

In one second she is acting like they never knew each other before and in another she is staring at him as if challenging him to talk to her like he used to do.

He sighs and turns around to get the papers he was working on earlier.”The new duty rosters,copy them until evening and then make sure to give them to the employees in your sections during today's evening team meeting.”

“Yes,Yihan ssi.”

“Okay you can go now.” Yihan dismisses the two juniors before leaving the room to do his daily rounds,hoping that he is not going to meet Jihyo all too often today.

'Why am I even thinking about her?' He shakes his head,his mind soon filled with Jaejoong once again.

Jaejoong,his cute and sweet boyfriend.

After saying goodbye last night,the couple got to talk to each other in the morning when Yihan called Jaejoong to wish him a good day.He remembers how Jaejoong kept chuckling because of him as they spoke and to say that Jaejoong had been adorable would be an understatement.

He is hoping for a chance to spend a whole day with Jaejoong soon,without work to interfere and without Hyun Joong there as the third party for a change.He usually doesn't mind having Hyun Joong around,he is his best friend and Jaejoong's brother after all,but it would be great to have a day just for Jaejoong and himself as some kind of private opening for their relationship.

Yihan is starting to plan the whole day in his head already,hoping for things to work out the way he wants them to.It's going to be their first official date and everything has to be perfect.

He wants to make Jaejoong happy.

'Jaejoongie...'

• ♔ •

Jaejoong and Hwangbo look at each other in worry when their boss steps out of his office,his face pale,his eyes glassy and teary as he continues to cough.

“Hwangbo ssi do you have the files for the next meeting?”

“Yes,but...” She pauses,searching for the right words to say.”Maybe you should postpone your meetings and go home for today.”

“No I'm fine.” Yunho replies with a smile.”It's only a simple cold and I already took some medicine so I'm going to be okay by the time the meeting starts,but thank you for worrying.”

Yunho then looks towards Jaejoong and sees the worry in those dark orbs directed at him.Jaejoong cares about him and that's more than enough to make his heart beat faster.

“Jaejoong ssi,I'm fine.” He assures with a smile and tries hard to seem okay despite the strong throbbing in his head.

But Jaejoong seems to know better,the worry still present in his eyes.

It's touching and Yunho almost feels upset about it that his heart keeps reacting to everything Jaejoong does although he promised himself to try getting over Jaejoong bit by bit.But it seems that his heart is not ready for it yet.

He then looks at Hwangbo.”Please bring the files into my office as fast as possible.”

Hwangbo nods despite wanting to protest before watching how the CEO walks right back into his office without giving her or Jaejoong any chance to try convincing him to stop working for today and take some rest.

“He can be so stubborn sometimes.” Hwangbo sighs as she starts to collect the files Yunho asked for a minute ago,ready to go and give them to him when Jaejoong gets up and calls out her name.

“I have some paracetamol.” Jaejoong gives the small package of medicine to her.”I don't even think he took any medicine.And even if he really did it will do him only good to have these with him just in case he needs them later on.”

Hwangbo doesn't say anything and only smiles at him before giving the medicine back to him along with the files.”I think you should try making him take the medicine.I got a feeling that you will be more convincing than me.”

Jaejoong looks at her in confusion but still walks towards the office of Yunho to knock on the door.

“Yes?”

“I have the files,Sir.” Jaejoong replies.”Can I come in?”

“Of course.” The answer comes a lot quicker than the last time he wanted to enter Yunho's office and he somehow feels more relieved about the lack of hesitation from Yunho to let him in.

“Mr. Jung?”

Yunho looks up at him with a smile,but his eyes are red and teary.Jaejoong immediately places the files onto the CEO's desk before getting a handkerchief out to wipe the tears away with his right hand while the palm of his left one is resting on Yunho's cheek.

“You didn't really take medicine,did you?”

Yunho gives him a weak shake of his head that has Jaejoong looking at him in sympathy before he walks away to get the package of paracetamol.He takes one pill out and gives it to the CEO along with a glass of water standing on Yunho's desk.Yunho mutters a soft 'Thank you' before taking the medicine without any protests.

Jaejoong smiles.”I know that I don't have the right to tell you what to do,but I would really advice you to postpone your meetings for today and just take some rest.I just...I'm just worried that your condition might get worse.”

And once again Yunho notices how his heart races and he doesn't even know anymore whether it's because of his cold or because of Jaejoong.

“Please tell Hwangbo ssi to take care of my schedule.Postpone the meetings and if that's not possible,cancel them.I will take care of everything once I'm feeling better.”

To say that he is glad about Yunho's decision to take a rest would be an understatement.He doesn't like it when people who are sick keep pushing themselves further until they reach the point of collapse.His brother did it once and he doesn't want to see anyone in that situation ever again.

Yunho gets up and flinches when he feels his head throbbing because of the abrupt movement,glad to have Jaejoong there to keep him steady as he walks towards the couch on the other side of the office to lie down with Jaejoong's help.He smiles when the assistant starts to arrange the cushions so he will have something soft to support his head.

Everything about Jaejoong is so heartwarming.His heart is so beautiful and Yunho can't help but feeling himself falling deeper although he keeps telling himself to do the opposite.He shouldn't fall for Jaejoong,but that's so hard when Jaejoong is being so sweet to him and at some point Yunho almost feels upset about it that the other is treating him so well.

If Jaejoong would treat him bad it would probably make it easier for him to get over his feelings,but he knows that Jaejoong would never do that.He is too nice to treat anyone with anything else but friendliness.

“I will tell Hwangbo ssi.” Jaejoong announces and swiftly walks out of the office.

Yunho can hear him talking to Hwangbo,but he is feeling way too dizzy to even try comprehending what's going on around him.Yoochun had been right,to drink alcohol the night before although his body clearly showed him that he was about to get sick was a very bad idea.

He closes his eyes and leaves his mouth open to breathe through it,his nose now blocked.

Yunho can feel a soft hand on his forehead,but he is way too exhausted to open his eyes and have a look at Jaejoong although the other is talking to him.He just wants things to remain like this.He wants Jaejoong near him like this every day,but he knows that it's impossible.

So he simply enjoys the moment he has with him,knowing that it will not last forever.

But that's okay.For now,Jaejoong is here.

Jaejoong just sits there next to the couch his boss is lying on and watches how Yunho's breathing gets more even until he is sure that the CEO is asleep.

Getting up,Jaejoong walks into the private bathroom of Yunho and immediately wets a small towel with cold water,squeezing the water out until nothing is dripping out of the towel anymore and heads back to Yunho to start wiping the CEO's face and neck with it.

He just hopes that Yunho is going to recover soon.

Jaejoong sighs and walks back into the bathroom to wet the towel once again,this time to place it on to Yunho's forehead after getting rid of the unneccessary water.

“Jaejoong.” Hwangbo whispers as she steps into the office.”Just concentrate on taking care of him for today.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes,he needs you more than I do today.I will go and get some food and drinks for you two.”

Jaejoong smiles,touched by how kind her heart is.”Thank you,Hwangbo ssi.”

“You're welcome.” She winks at him before leaving the office,most probably going out to get some lunch for them like announced.

Settling down next to the couch once again,Jaejoong simply watches the sleeping man,noticing every rise and fall of his chest as the CEO breathes in and out.

Half an hour later,Hwangbo walks in and places the bags with food onto the couch table along with some beverages.He thanks her as silent as possible before he's left alone with the CEO once again.

He actually doesn't want to wake Yunho up and knowing that to sleep is going to help him the most at the moment,Jaejoong decides to not wake him up until another thirty minutes or even one hour.

• ♔ •

“Jaejoong.”

He hums in response before opening his eyes only to see Hwangbo hovering over him with a smile on her lips.

“You fell asleep.”

Jaejoong gasps.”For how long?I wanted to wake Mr. Jung up after an hour to make him eat some lunch.”

“Don't worry.” Hwangbo assures.”Just a little bit more than one hour has passed and I checked the food just now,they packed it well and it's still warm.”

Jaejoong lets out a sigh of relieve before looking at the CEO who is still sleeping,looking more peaceful than ever and he almost considers to just let him sleep some more but decides to wake him up because the CEO does not only need sleep but also food to regain some of his energy.

“Tell me once you need something.” Hwangbo says before leaving.

Truth to be told,Jaejoong almost wants to beg for her to stay and help him waking the CEO up because she is much closer to him and could do that more comfortably than he could.But he refrains from asking for her help.He is an adult now and needs to handle these small things by himself.

“Mr. Jung.” Jaejoong calls out softly,but the CEO does not react.

He takes a deep breath before placing one hand on Yunho's shoulder to shake him just a little,calling the CEO until Yunho does open his eyes to look at him.He looks better than before his small nap but still not quite healthy.

Long fingers come up to rub the sleep out of the CEO's eyes and Jaejoong simply smiles as he starts to unpack their lunch,not looking at Yunho until he can hear Yunho's rushed movements as he attempts to sit up.

“Wait,slow down a little please.” Jaejoong says and immediately helps the CEO to adjust his position on the couch before he continues to unpack the food,the delicious smell of Yunho's chicken soup and his chapchae soon filling the office.

He takes the spoon inside the bag to give it to Yunho but soon retrieves it when he sees how the CEO's hand is shaking and earns himself a look of confusion from the CEO in return.

“I'll help you.” Jaejoong explains.”You are trembling.”

Yunho truly wants to protest,but when he looks down at his shaky hands,he relents.He just feels horrible,not as horrible as before but still not really good either.And maybe food will help him to feel better,but he won't be able to eat the soup by himself in his current condition.

“It's still very warm,be careful.”

The CEO watches how Jaejoong scoops up some soup before leading it towards his mouth and he simply loves how concentrated the other looks while feeding him but could not smile about it for long since the food is right in front of his lips.

He allows for Jaejoong to feed him and he doesn't really know whether it's really the food that makes him feel better or whether it's actually Jaejoong once again.But whatever it is,he loves the feeling he has at the moment.

• ♔ •

It has been a long day and Yihan just wants to go home and call his boyfriend before taking a well-deserved shower.Much to his luck he didn't get to see much of Jihyo today and he would prefer for it to stay that way for a while.

But luck is not really on his side when Jihyo approaches him on his way out of the building.

“Yihan.” She smiles at him like it's the most normal thing in the world to do when you meet someone you haven't met for years after a bitter break up and it angers Yihan.

He frowns shortly before trying hard to control his facial expression,knowing that the employees are staring at them.”What do you want,Jihyo?”

The cold tone in which he speaks to her has her sighing,looking visibly dejected compared to before.

“You are still angry at me.”

“Did you expect me to just forget everything?” Yihan retorts as they step out of the hotel and he somehow wishes that she won't follow him to his car.

But she does,soon getting a hold of his arm to make him stop.

“Yihan let's talk.We need to work together afterall and it can only be good for us to get rid of all the bitter feelings between us.” Jihyo says,letting go of him when she notices him actually listening to her.”I'm not asking for us to reconcile as a couple,but I want us to be at least civil around each other.”

“It's good that you don't want us to reconcile as a couple.” Yihan mutters.”Because it's impossible for us to get back together.”

And although she said that she's not out to get him back as her boyfriend,he can clearly see the disappointment in her eyes.He knows that he shouldn't care,but he somehow does and it irks him.

He looks away,not wanting to look at her anymore,not wanting to see the small tinge of sadness on her face anymore.

“Do you have someone?”

He doesn't owe her an answer but wants to reply anyway.But when his gaze meets hers,he finds himself hesitating upon seeing the fear there.

“I...” He pauses.”Yes I have someone.”

“I see.”

Yihan watches how she tries hard to seem okay.Despite all these years of being apart,he still knows her all too well.He knows when her smile is forced.And that's what it is at the moment.

“I'm happy for you.I hope that I can meet that person one day once things are better between us.” Her smile does not reach her eyes.”I really want us to be okay with each other.”

All the bitter feelings he kept in his heart for years are now resurfacing and although he wants to tell her all the words he kept in his mind for so long,he remains silent.He somehow can't bring himself to say all those mean things to her.

“Maybe one day.” He replies.”But not here and not now.”

He doesn't give her any chance to answer and just turns around to walk towards his car.The lack of footsteps resonating from behind him tells him that she isn't following him this time around and he is grateful for it.

• ♔ •

“You should go to sleep.” Jaejoong says,lying in his own bed as he stares up at the ceiling due to the lack of something better to look at.”Did something happen?You sound so...exhausted.”

“It's okay.” Yihan replies.”It was just an especially stressful day because I had to take care of the new duty rosters for the employees.”

The younger man pouts in sympathy.”I see.Hyung you don't have to call me every night,if you are tired then go to sleep.Your health is more important.”

He can hear Yihan chuckling on the other line and Jaejoong smiles at how good his boyfriend sounds just by making such simple noises.It has been a tiring day for him as well especially because the CEO could barely stand up or walk around by himself and needed his assistance until he got enough rest and was fit enough to actually leave his office and go home after Jaejoong called the driver for him.

But despite himself being tired,he actually wants to talk to Yihan too.It's one of the rare moments during the week days that he can talk to his boyfriend since their jobs are keeping them busy during the day.

“You are more important.” The older male argues and Jaejoong finds himself rendered speechless.

He smiles to himself and bites onto his bottom lip gently.

“Besides,I wanted to ask you whether you have any plans for this Saturday already.”

“Saturday?No,why?”

“I want to take you out on a date.” Yihan explains.”I thought that a picnic would be nice.And I'm going to be the one making the food.”

Jaejoong's smile widens.”Really?I love having a picnic.”

“I know.” Yihan chuckles.”So do you want to go on one with me?I promise that you will not regret it and my cooking skills are pretty good.”

He never ate anything made by Yihan before,not because he never wanted to but because he never got the chance to eat food made by him.Whenever there was self-made food involved,it was usually him or his brother who cooked but never Yihan and he is more than curious about how good his boyfriend's cooking skills really are.

“Of course I'll go with you and I'll be expecting an awesome meal.”

Yihan laughs.”Oh dear,no pressure for me at all I see.”

“If you really cook well then there's no need for you to feel pressured.” Jaejoong says with a smile.”I can't wait for Saturday to come.”

“Me neither.” Yihan says and lets out a small laugh when he can hear Jaejoong yawning.”But now we should both go to sleep,especially you.”

Jaejoong hums.”Alright,good night,hyung.Sweet dreams.”

“Sweet dreams.”

The couple hangs up right after and Jaejoong can barely keep his eyes open as he puts his phone onto the nightstand and turns the nightstand lamp off before turning around to bury his face into the soft surface of his pillow.

And although he is excited about the upcoming date with Yihan in a few days,he can't help but end up thinking of Yunho after a while.

The CEO didn't look alright at all when he got into the car and was driven back home despite the other man saying otherwise.

During the whole day,Yunho struggled to seem strong although he wasn't and that was heartbreaking to watch.But despite all,the CEO never rejected any of his help although Jaejoong expected him to do so as Yunho kept telling him that he was fine.

He smiles at the memories of how Yunho always did everything he asked him to.He had been so obedient and Jaejoong is sure that many people would've found it odd to see the usually strict businessman being like that.

Jaejoong yawns and closes his eyes with a smile.'Please,please let Mr. Jung get well soon.'

_________

comments are gold!

site note:I decided to unlock my stories,read my latest blog entry for more info