Choices (Part B)

Paths Destined

“You've worked hard!” Hwangbo called out as Jaejoong and her turn their computers off,ready to go home as they wait for Yunho to leave his office first.

Jaejoong smiles and almost feels the need to clap his hands to celebrate that the first day of work passed by without him messing up too much.Small mistakes did happen today and Jaejoong believes that he will continue to make some more as time passes,but like Hwangbo assured him earlier,he is going to learn to do things the right way the longer he works in the company.

The sound of a door being opened causes Jaejoong and Hwangbo to look into the direction the noises come from,a smiling CEO soon approaching them.”Do you have some time to have dinner with me as a celebration of Jaejoong ssi's first day?”

Hwwangbo nods with a smile.

“I would love to.” Jaejoong answers,the smile on his lips fading bit by bit.”But I already made dinner plans with a friend.”

Yunho nods.”Well you can ask your friend to join us,the more the merrier.And I'm sure you'll enjoy it more with someone you know well there.”

“C-Can I really ask him?”

“Sure.” Yunho confirms although the revelation that Jaejoong's friend is a man causes something inside of him to stir in a very uncomfortable way,but he refuses to believe it's jealousy.

How could he possibly be jealous over someone he barely knows?

“I will give him a call,Sir.” Jaejoong beams before taking his cellphone out to give Yihan a call,hoping that he would be able to join.

It's not that he hates being alone with Yunho and Hwangbo,but it makes him nervous,especially because Yunho seems to have a very strange effect on him.Just a minute ago,he felt completely at ease with Hwangbo around.She is like a sister to him,considerate and caring.But the moment Yunho stepped into the room,his heartbeat increased and he felt his body heating up for no particular reason.

To be graceful is not really one of his strong points,his clumsiness having embarrassed him so many times before already and he fears to only embarrass himself further during the dinner.With Yihan there,he would at least have someone to help him out of tricky situations.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hyung!” Jaejoong calls out enthusiastically,blushing when he hears Hwangbo chuckling in amusement.

“Yeah,what is it,Jaejoongie?I'll be at your working place in a bit.”

“Hyung,would you mind a small change of plans?” Jaejoong bites his bottom lip nervously,not noticing how he manages to catch all of Yunho's attention with the small gesture.

“A small change of plans?” Yihan wonders.

“Yes.My boss,Mr. Jung,wants to have dinner with my supervisor and me.I told him that I already planned on having dinner with you and he suggested to have you join...would you mind?”

“Of course not.If your boss doesn't mind then I don't have a problem with it either.I'll be waiting in front of the entrance,alright?”

“Yes hyung.” Jaejoong answers gently before ending the call,turning around to face Yunho and Hwangbo.”He said he would love to join and he will be waiting at the entrance.”

Yunho nods as he locks the door of his office.”Good,then let's go.”

“Yes.” Hwangbo and Jaejoong answer in unsion,following Yunho out of their own office right after as Hwangbo turns the lights off on her way out.

The secretary locks the door properly heading straight towards the elevators with the two men,bidding proper goodbye to everyone who is still working in the opened office areas.Most of them are already packing and ready to go home while others still want to finish the last bit of their work.

“What food do you like,Jaejoong ssi?” Yunho asks once they are inside the elevator,his right index finger already pressing the button for the first floor.

Jaejoong smiles.“I'm fine with everything,Sir.”

Yunho nods at the answer,smiling although that's surely not the answer he aimed for.He truthfully hasn't decided about where to take Hwangbo and Jaejoong to yet and to know more about Jaejoong's preferences would help a lot.

“Is there something you really want to eat right now though?” Hwangbo presses on upon noticing the slightly helpless look in her boss' eyes.”Something you haven't eaten in a long time and really crave for right now.”

“Umm...” Jaejoong blushes,lowering his head in slight embarrassment as he answers.”It has been a while since I last ate some pajeon.”

“Pajeon it is then.” Yunho says.”I will take you to the restaurant with the best pajeon.”

Hwangbo looks at her boss in surprise,obviously wanting to say something but a short and barely noticable shake of Yunho's silences her effectively and just like Yunho hopes,Jaejoong doesn't notice their small exchange because he is busy checking an incoming message.

Once they are on the first floor,the three of them step out of the elevator leisurely with Jaejoong looking around as if searching for someone.Yunho follows his gaze curiously and almost feels envious when Jaejoong starts to smile and wave at someone else,the fact that that someone is a rather handsome man not really helping Yunho to relax although he keeps reminding himself that he has no right to feel this way when Jaejoong interacts with someone else.

“Yihan hyung!” Jaejoong runs without a second thought and immediately hugs the man standing at the entrance,the other's arms automatically wrapping themselves around Jaejoong to tighten the hug as Yihan's deep chuckle rings through the nearly empty lobby.

“Don't you want to introduce us to each other?” Yihan whispers and only then does Jaejoong realize that he rudely left his bosses standing by the elevators and immediately lets go of Yihan to turn around and walks towards Yunho and Hwangbo who are now approaching him.

“I'm so sorry,Mr. Jung and Hwangbo ssi.I didn't mean to leave you standing there,I-”

“You were excited,we can understand so please don't worry.” Yunho cuts him off with Hwangbo nodding in agreement to his words.

Although Jaejoong is considered an adult by his status as a respected employee at Jung Corp,he is still a newly graduated High School student.A 20 years old boy.One with remarkable grades but still a boy.No one is expecting him to act all mature only a few months after graduation,knowing that time will make him turn into an adult and for now,they will just enjoy his child-like enthusiasm.

“Thank you,Mr. Jung.” Jaejoong says with a bow before looking at Yihan,his hands humbly gesturing towards Yunho then Hwangbo.”This is Mr. Jung and his secretary Hwangbo ssi,my two bosses.”

“It's nice to meet you.” Yihan greets them with a respectful bow,the smile on his lips never wavering even when he notices the slightly weird vibe coming from Yunho.”I'm Jin Yihan,Jaejoong's friend.Please take care of my dongsaeng.”

“We will.” Hwangbo assures while Yunho simply nods with a small smile.

“Then let's go.” Yunho says,motioning for everyone to follow him as he walks out of the company building.”Are you here with your own car,Yihan ssi?”

“Yes,Sir.Could you lead the way?Me and Jaejoong will follow you in my car.”

“But hyung,I came with my own car.”

“I heard from your brother that you're about to run out of gas.” Yihan retorts and chuckles when he sees Jaejoong blushing in embarrassment.”We can drive there with my own car and then on our way back we can buy and fill a gasoline can and tank your car up.”

Jaejoong is unable to protest further because there is absolutely nothing he could protest against.

This is exactly what Yunho didn't want to happen,somehow having hoped that Jaejoong would sit in one car with him but he can't act up and protest against the rather logical idea without making himself look like a complete fool,so he relents and nods in agreement.

• ♔ •

“How was the first day?” Yihan asks as he drives off to wherever Yunho intends on leading them to,not missing to take a short glance at the boy sitting next to him with a smile that has Yihan's smile widening some more.

“It was great,a little exhausting because I'm not used to it yet but I like it there.”

This is one of the many things Yihan adores about Jaejoong,he is so positive despite all the negative things.No matter how many obstacles life throws his way,Jaejoong always tries to make the best out of everything,always seeing the positive in every negative.

Yihan knows how hard it is for a student who spent several years going to school at 7 AM and returning around 4 PM to get used to the long working day which goes from early in the morning to late in the evening.It's new and tiring,physically and emotionally.And truth to be told,he had been worried about Jaejoong,but seeing that Jaejoong did not lose his smile makes him feel more at ease.

“How do you find my bosses?Nice,right?”

Yihan chuckles,nodding in agreement.”Yeah,they do seem nice.”

He keeps the smile on his lips although something about the way the CEO had been staring at Jaejoong keeps bothering him.He knows what that certain glint in Jung Yunho's eyes means.He knows because he has it too whenever his gaze is on the pretty boy.

• ♔ •

“Would that be all?” The waitress asks after repeating all orders Yunho and the others made a minute ago,excusing herself with a smile when she receives collective nods in return.

Jaejoong silently takes a sip from his water as he looks around,accidentally spilling some of it and ending up smiling in embarrassment as Yihan chuckles and uses a napkin to wipe the water from his chin.Neither of them notices how Yunho's right hand is clenching on the napkin he intended on giving to Jaejoong,forcing himself to look away when he sees the sweet way Yihan and Jaejoong laugh together as if sharing something in their very own world.

Hwangbo notices all of it and is struggling between laughing in amusement and smiling awkwardly at the small layer of tension enveloping them.It's very obvious to her what's going on and she is surprised to see Yunho like this.

It's not that her boss never showed interest in someone before,but this is the very first time she sees him being so...possessive,and already on the first day of knowing that person at that.But to think of it...Kim Jaejoong is exactly the type of person she's always imagined her boss to end up with one day.

Who would've thought that a boy would be the one to finally catch Jung Yunho's attention to this extent?

Certainly not the many female - and even some male - employees of Jung Corp who are secretly hoping for a chance to be Jung Yunho's lover.Hwangbo can practically imagine how pale each of them will turn once they realize that someone finally manages to do what neither of them could until now and the imagination has the secretary smiling to herself in utter amusement.

Hwangbo witnessed several people trying to seduce Yunho before and most of them only managed to degrade themselves instead of making themselves look good in front of Yunho who is by no means one to pay attention to flirting attempts and he will never respond to any of them openly anyway.If he is interested in someone,he will try his best to keep things private,only letting Hwangbo know of certain things because she is the only one who can help him to cover up when needed.

She watched several people come in and out of Yunho's life,trying to be that certain person to make him settle down,but 99% of them didn't even get beyond the first date and for very good reasons while the other 1% was history after only a few weeks of dating.Hwangbo knows that Yunho never slept with any of them,he is a man with principles,she knows that much after several years of knowing him as not only a boss but also a friend,a younger brother even.

He told her and his best friends many things before during several evenings in which they had drinks together after work and one of the things he said was how the women were only interested in getting into his pants after only a few dates,more in love with his body and money than with him as a person.It makes her sad to see him talking about such sorrowful things,his eyes clouded by sadness whenever he lets go of his emotions.

She wants him to find a good person to take care of him,someone worth of his love.And she has a feeling that Kim Jaejoong might be that person.She of course knows that it's still too soon to make such assumptions but her inner optimist is always utterly convincing whenever she notices the adorable way in which her boss and Jaejoong interact.Time will show whether she is right about the fate of these two abd she hopes for time to prove her right.

“Here is your food,have a nice meal.” The waitress smiles after she is done placing all of their orders onto the table,excusing herself afterwards.

“Please eat much,Jaejoong ssi.” Yunho says as he gestures towards the pajeons Jaejoong craves for so much.”They are really delicious.”

Jaejoong nods.”Thank you,Mr. Jung.Please eat much too.”

The two of them smile at each other – almost lovingly – before starting to eat with Hwangbo and Yihan swiftly following their example.The food is indeed very delicious and Jaejoong can't help but smile in contentment after taking the first bite,causing Yihan to laugh softly as he places another piece of pajeon into Jaejoong's rice bowl.

The closeness of the two is obvious to everyone who cares enough to watch the way they act towards each other.Yihan's attention is always on Jaejoong,making sure that he gets everything he needs without even asking and it's almost as if Yihan can read Jaejoong's mind.Knowing each other for so many years could do that to people.

“The two of you seem very close,were you schoolmates?” Hwangbo inquires.

Yihan and Jaejoong shake their heads in response,the older of them answering.”We met thanks to my best friend,Jaejoongie's brother.”

“Jaejoongie?” The secretrary repeats with a smile which only widens when she sees Jaejoong blushing slightly.

“I'm sorry.” Yihan chuckles,briefly nudging the boy sitting next to him.”He actually doesn't like me calling him that in front of someone else ever since his graduation.”

Hwangbo laughs.”Why?It sounds cute.”

“That's exactly the problem.He doesn't want to be cute.”

“I see.” Hwangbo nods,only smiling when she sees the way Jaejoong looks down to avoid locking gazes with the people around him,his shy smile still visible despite his attempt to hide it.

“Why not?” Yunho blurts out,his pearly white teeth soon crushing the ice cube in his mouth as he places his glass of water back onto the table,eyes on Jaejoong.”Cute suits you.”

To say that Hwangbo is surprised would be an understatement.Never before did she witness the CEO flirting with someone so openly.But he never had a competition like Yihan in the past either.

Her eyes automatically search for Jaejoong who is now looking straight at Yunho,obviously too taken aback by the CEO's words to look away or answer.Only when Yihan clears his throat does Jaejoong break the gaze to look back down onto his bowl,nodding in response to the compliment he received.

“Thank you,Sir.”

Yunho doesn't say anything in response,simply smiling despite noticing the way Yihan is staring at him.And although the man's lips are curved up into a smile which is most probably supposed to express amusement,Yihan's eyes are more honest and express his true feelings all too well.

Yunho couldn't quite tell why,but he feels highly satisfied.

During the rest of the dinner,Yihan and Yunho choose to remain silent,only reacting when either Jaejoong or Hwangbo are asking them about something.And once again,Hwangbo is thanking her skills to talk the tension out of certain situations,effectively diverting Jaejoong's attention from the two silent men.

• ♔ •

“Thank you for bringing me home.” Hwangbo says with a smile as she gets out of Yunho's car,pausing as she stands next to the vehicle and leans down a little to look at the CEO through the opened door.”And kudos for eating so much pajeon although there's nothing you hate more than scallions.Surprising what people are capable of doing for someone they like.”

Yunho doesn't even get a chance to respond as Hwangbo closes the door and walks right towards the apartment complex she lives in without even looking back.An awkward cough escapes from his lips and Yunho swiftly drives off to his own house,thoughts about what Hwangbo said haunting him continuously.

Even the nightly shower which always helped him to clear his mind in the past doesn't help this time around and around midnight,Yunho finds himself sitting on one of the couches in his living room with a glass of red wine in his right hand as he thinks about everything that happened during the day and concerns Kim Jaejoong.It has been a while since he got interested in someone this fast,the last time was during his senior year in High School and even then,things have been different and...less intense.

The ringing of his phone causes Yunho to place his glass aside before getting a hold of his phone to answer the incoming call.”Yoboseyo?”

“Still not sleeping?” Yoochun chuckles.

“Like you.” Yunho responds.”I hope you refused to let Junsu stay awake with you or I will have your head if his teachers give me another call to tell me that he is tired and completely uncofused in school once again.”

“I've learned my lesson,big brother.” The other male laughs.”Don't worry,he went to sleep three hours ago already.”

Yunho hums,lying down to make himself more comfortable.”Yoochun...How long did it take for you to fall in love with my brother?”

“Five seconds.” Yoochun answers without any hesitation,the fondness in his voice making Yunho smile.

“Really?Or is it just a sappy answer you prepared especially for your lover's protective older brother?”

“I mean it.” Yoochun assures.”When I saw him,I knew it's going to be him and no one else.But...why are you asking?”

Yunho doesn't answer right away,searching for the right words for feelings he can't even explain to himself.It's hard to define something which has grown so foreign to him over the many years of having no proper relationship.He had been attracted to some people,yes but this is simply different.It's more than attraction.

“I might be experiencing the same right now.”

A brief silence follows before Yoochun finally answers.”Is it Kim Jaejoong?”

Yunho chuckles,closing his eyes for a mere second.”Isn't it funny?Years of searching for that someone and suddenly he is standing inside my office,more awestruck by my books than by me,and manages to bring my inner possessive monster out to the surface and makes me want to claim what's not even close to being mine.”

“I know that feeling.” Yoochun says.”You remember the first time you brought me home where I got to meet Junsu,don't you?”

“Yeah.” Yunho answers.

“His best friend Eunhyuk was there too and although I felt unreasonable for feeling that way,I just couldn't help it and was jealous of Eunhyuk.He got to talk to Junsu comfortably,had many chances to hug him and could even sleep next to him on his bed.It felt so weird and I kind of hated myself for being so possessive although I've never met Junsu before.But I guess that's what love does to you,making you feel and do unreasonable things.”

“I wouldn't call it love,Yoochun.” Yunho blurts out,his tongue peeking out from between his lips as he the wine-sweetened petals.”I don't believe in love at first sight...at least not when it comes to my own love life,you know that.”

“Yeah,I know.” Yoochun chuckles.”But what if he will be the one to make you believe in it?”

Yunho doesn't know how to answer.

• ♔ •

Jaejoong sighs in contentment as he pulls the blanket tighter around his body and snuggles into the soft surface of his bed,face buried into the pillow as if trying to lose himself into a fluffy cloud.His hair is still a little wet and the shower he took a few minutes ago only managed to make him more sleepy than awake.But despite his body's desire to rest,Jaejoong can't seem to stop thinking about his first working day.

A faint,sleepy smile graces his lips as he recalls all interactions he had with his new colleagues but no matter how hard he tries not to think about his new boss too much,he always ends up doing exactly that.It's hard not to.Jaejoong knows that it's inappropriate to view the CEO as anything else but his boss,but how can someone expect him to ignore how attractive the man is?

He is his boss,yes.His attractive boss.His attractive boss who said that cute suits him.

It has been a while since Jaejoong was this awestruck by someone,the last time being years ago when he met Yihan for the very first time during his junior year in High School.

Yihan.

His Yihan hyung has always been handsome,charming and kind,always out to spoil him rotten.Jaejoong had been crushing on him for a very long time until Yihan got himself a girlfriend in his senior year and he remembers exactly how heartbroken he had been at time and although his crush on Yihan never returned with the same intensity as it came a long time ago,Jaejoong still catches himself blushing at the most random things Yihan does from time to time.

The dinner they had earlier was horrible for his heart,everything either his boss or Yihan did making him blush,especially after Yunho's small compliment and Jaejoong is still very thankful for Hwangbo's presence there,giving him a reason to focus on someone else than the two men.

'What's wrong with me?' Jaejoong thinks,his groan of frustration instantly muffled by his pillow.

Indeed,what's wrong with him?Is his crush for Yihan returning although he is starting to develop a crush for another man?

Although Yihan has always treated him like a prince,he somehow has the feeling that the older man is paying special attention on him after his graduation.And he likes it,maybe more than he should,but he does.But if his crush on Yihan returns...could he really call the feelings he's apparently developing for his boss a crush?Or just a small physical attraction which will eventually fade into nothingness?

He doesn't know and to think about it only makes his head ache.

Softs knocks break his string of thoughts and Jaejoong finds himself smiling,exactly knowing who is on the other side of the door.

“Come in,hyung.”

The door is being opened before Hyun Joong steps in,hand on his tie as he loosens it.”Why aren't you sleeping yet?”

“I will in a bit.” Jaejoong replies,getting up to approach his older brother and pulls Hyun Joong closer for a hug.”You look like you're in need of some sleep too.”

Hyun Joong nods.”Yes things were a little stressful today,but that's okay.How was your first day at Jung Corp?”

“It was great.”

“And dinner?”

“Also great.” Jaejoong replies,voice timid and only when Hyun Joong pulls back a little to look at his brother's face does he see the faint trace of red on Jaejoong's cheeks.

“I heard your boss and your supervisor were also there?”

Jaejoong hums with a nod as he lets go of Hyun Joong and walks back to the bed to sit down and lean against the headboard with the pillow in his lap.”Yeah,you talked to Yihan hyung already?”

He is not really in need of an answer considering that Yihan is the only one who could've told Hyun Joong about the change of dinner plans but still welcoms his brother's answer in forms of a short nod as the older man walks towards him and sits down by his feet.

“I'm glad that your bosses seem to be so fond of you.” Hyun Joong's smiles and stretches his hands out to pinch his brother's white cheeks,much to Jaejoong's dismay.”Now go to sleep,you have to get up very early tomorrow and need all the energy you need.”

“Yes,Appa.” Jaejoong replies,quickly hiding underneath his blanket when Hyun Joong tries to tickle his sides as a punishment for the way he called him.