Choices (Part A)

Paths Destined

"Nervous?" Hyun Joong asks once his brother steps into the kitchen.

Jaejoong shakes his head with a smile which could easily put the sun to shame."Not at all.It's so exciting."

Of course,as if he didn't see this coming.

Jaejoong is a social butterfly - a very beautiful social butterfly - who loves to meet new people and make friends,never afraid to approach others no matter where he is.And people love him.He is a person easily to get along with and Hyun Joong is very sure that Jaejoong is going to find new friends at his new working place in no time.

Hyun Joong smiles and gets up to pull his younger brother in for a tight hug that has the other smiling gently against Hyun Joong's chest,Jaejoong's arms soon being wrapped around his brother's torso.

"Ah wait." Hyun Joong gasps and let go of Jaejoong to head out of the room,leaving a fairly confused and pouting man behind who sits down on the dining table leisurely and starts to eat the breakfast Hyun Joong made for him.

Not really liking the silence,Jaejoong soon starts to hum whenever he's not busy chewing on something,making a humming concert of his own until Hyun Joong is finally back with a pink box in his hands,its content no big secret to Jaejoong anymore once he spots the name of his favorite bakery at the front.His eyes widen,lips curving up into a full blast smile as his brother approaches him with what he assumes to be his favorite dessert.

"Is that cheesecake?" Jaejoong asks."Tell me it's cheesecake!"

Hyun Joong laughs and hands the box over to his brother."A present from Yihan,he was here earlier but you were still sleeping and he didn't want to wake you up.

"You should have!" Jaejoong pouts unhappily as he stares at the box of dessert in front of him,his right index finger soon tracing the golden letters on the pink paper."I should give Yihan hyung a call."

"Yes but-" Hyun Joong halts when he sees his brother already getting up and dashing out of the room,most probably to go and call Yihan like announced."...you should eat up first."

A short chuckle escapes Hyun Joong's lips as he sits down with a shake of his head,happily continuing with his breakfast while listening to his brother talking to Hyun Joong's very own best friend on the phone.Yihan and him know each other since High School and his best friend has always been very fond of his brother - which is not really a surprise considering how extra cute Jaejoong was back then at the age of 13 - and has always loved spoiling him,sometimes even more than Hyun Joong himself spoils his brother.

"Hyung,let's have dinner together this evening!"

Yihan chuckles,his charismatic deep voice causing Jaejoong to smile shyly,a habit that will probably never die down."Sure,I'll pick you up at 8 PM,how about ti?"

"Sounds good.Shall I ask Hyun Joong hyung to join us?"

"Sure." Yihan agrees."Now go and have breakfast,you're going to need all the energy for your new job later on."

Jaejoong laughs softly,nodding although he knows that the other can't see him."Alright,have a nice day,hyung!"

"You too." Jaejoong can imagine Yihan smiling all too clearly."I'm sure you'll do more than well."

With that said,the two end their call and Jaejoong walks back to the kitchen where his brother is still sitting at the dining table.

“Hyung,can you join Yihan hyung and me during dinner this evening?”

“This evening?” Hyun Joong asks,smiling apologetically after he sees Jaejoong nodding in response.”I'm sorry but I have to stay longer and finish a project today,you two just go ahead and have a nice meal and don't stay up to wait for me,I'm going to come home very late.”

Jaejoong pouts unhappily but nods nevertheless,gladly accepting the piece of chicken offered to him by his brother.

• ♔ •

Smiling in contentment,Jaejoong gets out of his car and locks it properly before walking towards the company building where the usual chattering and greeting amongst colleagues can be heard.It is of course not the first time for him to come into the building,his job interview two weeks ago allowed him to have a slight insight into Jung Corp.'s luxurius interior design,but this is the first time for him to be here as an official employee so things naturally feel different.

He enters one of the elevators carefully along with many others who are trying to arrive at their offices as fast as possible and is very glad when the iron doors are finally closing so they can all head to the upper floors.One by one,the employees leave the elevator until only Jaejoong and two others are left.And now that no one else is around to cover them,Jaejoong can finally see how awfully tall one of them is and although the other is closer to his own height,he seems so much taller thanks to his upright posture full of pride.Their expensive-looking suits fit them perfectly,obviously emphasizing every single good aspect of their bodies.

The broad shoulders,lean muscles and long legs.

Those long legs are moving.

“Aren't you going to get out?”

Jaejoong looks up at the owner of the voice questioningly before he notices that they are now on the top floor and one of the two men is standing between the elevator doors to hold them open for Jaejoong while the other – taller one – is already outside and staring at him in slight amusement.

“Ah.” Jaejoong gasps.”Yes,thank you.”

His cheeks are turning red and he can feel the warmth coming along with the deep blush of embarrassment.Not really the best way to start the first day at a new working place.

“Where are you heading to?” The smaller businessman asks as they walk along the hallway and past many open offices together.

“I'm searching for Mr. Jung's office.” Jaejoong answers gently.

“I see.” The man from before answers.”Just follow us,we are going there to see him now.”

“Thank you.” Jaejoong bows with a bright smile which has only one of the two men smiling at him in return.

The taller one deosn't seem to be a person to enjoy talking – or interacting with other people in general for that matter – very much,never really trying to join the slightly awkward and yet friendly conversation Jaejoong and his companion are having.

“My name is Yoochun.” A soft slap lands on the tall man's shoulder.”And this is Changmin..”

Jaejoong nods before bowing once again,his good manners obviously amusing and awing Yoochun alike.”I'm Kim Jaejoong,the new assistant of Mr. Jung's secretary.”

“Hwangbo ssi is very nice,you'll have a good time as her assistant.” Yoochun mumbles with a smile,seemingly not the least bit bothered by the stares the three of them receive although Jaejoong is starting to feel slightly uncomfortable,but still managing to flash everyone who looks his way a sincere smile.

“There she is.” Jaejoong hears Yoochun saying and immediately starts to search for Hwangbo with his eyes,soon seeing a very beautiful woman approaching them,her cheerful smile instantly making Jaejoong feel more at ease.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning.” Yoochun and Changmin reply,stepping aside to let Hwangbo see Jaejoong more clearly.

Noticing the woman looking straight at him,Jaejoong immediately bows to greet her.”Good morning,Hwangbo ssi.I'm Kim Jaejoong,your new assistant.”

“My new assistant?” Hwangbo's smile gets even brighter after hearing Jaejoong's introduction.”Welcome to Jung Corp,I'm sure we will have a great time together.I'll introduce you to Mr. Jung,but first the two gentlemen can go in and attend their appointment with him.Please follow me.”

Hwangbo swiftly leads them into the room they are standing in front of and Jaejoong looks around in slight awe when he sees the luxurious seating area on the right side of the room with several magazines as well as a white vase with roses inside on the couch table,two wooden desks standing opposite from the seating area and judging by the nameplate on top of the bigger one,Jaejoong assumes it to be Hwangbo's.He smiles upon spotting the flowerpots with mini palm trees standing at every corner of the room,two more standing left and right from a wooden door which most likely leads to Mr. Jung's office.

The secretary gestures towards the smaller desk.”Go ahead and sit down,it's yours from now on and you can decorate it with whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect your work.”

“Yes.”

Smiling, Hwangbo walks towards the office of her boss' office and knocks at the door three times before opening the wooden barrier.”Mr. Jung,Mr. Park and Mr. Shim are here to see you.”

“Alright.”

He says only one word and yet Mr. Jung's voice manages to catch Jaejoong's attention all too easily.It may seem weird to some,but Jaejoong really has a thing for people with deep voices and he can't even really tell why.Is it because the deep tone makes people sound manly?Maybe.Charismatic?Most likely.

“It will take a few minutes for them to be done.” Hwangbo says and causes Jaejoong to look at her questioningly,his attention having been on his daydream about men with deep voices just a second ago.”They get carried away easily while talking so we have a lot of time to get to know each other.How old are you actually,Jaejoong ssi?”

“I turned twenty last month.” Jaejoong replies.”How about you, Hwangbo ssi?”

“I'm thirty.Our boss is twenty-seven.” Hwangbo beams.”And although he seems a little crude as a businesman,Mr. Jung is actually a very easy-going and friendly boss.He treats everyone fairly and cares about all of us a lot so don't be afraid to approach him when something is bothering you.You will not only assist me but also him when I'm not there,so just try to get comfortable around him.”

Jaejoong listens to her every word attentively,his very own imagination of Mr. Jung forming in his mind as his excitement about getting to meet the CEO personally grows bit by bit until he is grinning at Hwangbo like an excited little kid.

Only the sound of the door to Mr. Jung's office being opened manages to pull him out of his reverie as Hwangbo stops to talk and gets up with a smile.

“Have a nice day,you two.” Yoochun says as him and Changmin walk past them to leave the office,apparently done with whatever they had to talk about with Mr. Jung.

“Thank you.” Hwangbo and Jaejoong reply at the same time.”And have a nice day.”

Yoochun winks at Jaejoong and causes Changmin to roll his eyes at him.

Hwangbo chuckles as she motions for Jaejoong to follow her.”That's how he plays around,he means no harm.”

Her words cause Jaejoong to smile.”He is funny.”

Not saying anything in response,Hwangbo smiles before knocking at the door to her boss' office like she had done earlier,swiftly opening it wide enough to take a peek inside.”Mr. Jung,can I come in?”

“Of course.” Mr. Jung replies,giving Hwangbo the permission to enter the room.

Hwangbo opens the door carefully before stepping in with Jaejoong right behind her.The room is much bigger than Jaejoong thought and as they walk towards the CEO's desk,he can't help but look around out of curiosity,amazed by the many wonderful books in the big bookshelf standing at the wall oppsosite of Mr. Jung's desk.

Mr. Jung.

As if bitten by something,Jaejoong immediately turns around to face the man sitting in front of him and finds the CEO and Hwangbo smiling at him in amusement.A beautiful hue of red spreads on his cheeks as Jaejoong takes in his boss' handsome features.Almond shaped eyes,pointy nose,bow-shaped lips and a sharp jawline Jaejoong finds himself looking at repeatedly before the small mole above the CEO's upper lips catches his attention.

As if caught in a trance,Jaejoong bows slowly.

“Good morning,Mr. Jung.I'm Kim Jaejoong.”

“Good morning.I'm Jung Yunho as you probably know already.” Yunho replies with a smile,the beauty of it so perfect it almost takes Jaejoong's breath away.”Not many people take interest in my books the first time they enter the room.”

'I can imagine why.' Jaejoong thinks as he finds himself admiring his boss' looks once again.

“I will have a short talk with Jaejoong ssi.You are dismissed,Hwangbo ssi.” Yunho says and Hwangbo soon bows before leaving the room,not missing to give Jaejoong a smile of encouragement as she walks past him.

After the door is closed from the outside,Yunho leisurely gestures for Jaejoong to sit down on the chair standing on the other side of the table.”Please have a seat,Jaejoong ssi.”

“Yes,Sajangnim.” Jaejoong replies and carefully pulls the chair back before sitting down in front of the CEO,making sure to sit as straight as possible.

Yunho smiles.”We are going to work together every single day and have to get comfortable around each other so please feel more at ease around me.”

“I-I'll try,Sir.”

Jaejoong himself doesn't even understand why he is being like this right now.He is usually very self-confident and talktative around others no matter how long he knows them,superior or not.But with Mr. Jung...it's simply different.From his sharp features over his broad build to his charismatic personality.Everything about him makes Jaejoong nervous.He's never met someone this suave before.

“Hwangbo ssi is a good superior,she is going to lead you well and whenever you are in need of some help,she will offer it to you.” Yunho says.”But as much as you can rely on her,you can also rely on me.You,me and Hwangbo ssi are a team of our own and everything has to work out between us.”

Jaejoongs nods gently,his lips curved up into a smile.”Yes,I understand.”

“You've written in your job application that you just graduated from High School,why did you choose to work right away instead of going to college?With your good grades,I'd almost say it's a waste that you haven't enrolled into any.”

“Thank you,Sir.” Jaejoong lowers his head,trying his best to hide the tinge of sadness in his eyes.”I just want to earn money and support my family.”

He obviously doesn't want to elaborate the matter and Yunho seems to sense that he's hit a nerve.And instead of asking more,Yunho decides to let it slide.He doesn't want to make things worse for Jaejoong by making him talk about something which apparently makes him feel uncomfortable.

The CEO's smile widens.”That's admirable,Jaejoong ssi.Not many of your age care about helping their families out.”

Jaejoong smiles at the gentle tone in which Yunho talks to him and the uneasiness he felt a few minutes ago is starting to disappear bit by bit.”Thank you,Sir.”

“You can go and start your work now.” It's very clear to Yunho that he is not going to get far in trying to get to know Jaejoong better today.”Just let Hwangbo ssi lead you and everything is going to be fine.And welcome to Jung Corp,Jaejoong ssi.”

“Thank you,Sir.” Jaejoong gets up abruptly and bows to his boss in perfect 90 degrees,soon turning around to walk past the chair and right out of the room.

“Everything okay?” Hwangbo asks once she sees Jaejoong leaving the CEO's office with a dreamy look,almost as if he's in some kind of trance,but he does hear her question and swiftly turns around to look at her.

“Yes?”

Hwangbo chuckles.”I asked whether everything's okay.”

“Ah.” Jaejoong blushes prettily.”Yes.”

It's nothing new to Hwangbo to see other employees being like this after talking to her boss.Jung Yunho is a very attractive and charming man,it's hard for people to not be affected by his presence.Whenever Jung Yunho steps into a room,people's attention are always on him.And it seems that Jaejoong didn't manage to remain unfazed by Jung Yunho's charisma either.

“Alright,could you please take these files and bring them to the respective colleagues?Their names and the floors they work on are written on the folders.It will be a great opportunity for you to get to know the colleagues.” Hwangbo hands him a bunch of files as she speaks and helps him adjusting the thick folders in his arms.”Is that okay?You can start with half of the files first if it's too heavy and then come back for the other half once you're done.”

Jaejoong shakes his head with a smile.”No it's fine,I got this.”

Maybe he is just being overly enthusiastic in wanting to show Hwangbo how capable he is,but he is sure that he can handle these few files.Looking at the very first folder,he immediately takes in the needed information before making his way out of the small room as Hwangbo helps him by holding the door open for him.He can see many people staring at him once again,earning a gentle smile from him in return.When he arrives at the elevators,someone is nice enough to help him getting into the elevator and even pushing the buttons for him.

Although his arms start to hurt a little,the smile on Jaejoong's lips never disappears.

• ♔ •

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoochun-”

“I was right,wasn't I?” Yunho can practically see Yoochun's smug grin before his inner eyes.”He is simply perfect.”

“Yeah.” Yunho agrees.”He is.”

Kim Jaejoong.

When his best friends walked into his office earlier - the smaller one of them grinning so widely it almost scared Yunho - and told him about a certain beautiful man they've met on their way to him and believed to be the perfect match for the CEO,Yunho had been sceptical to say the least.But all doubts disappeared when he got to talk to Jaejoong for the first time.

He is beautiful,no doubt.But he is so much more than that.Yunho is experienced when it comes to reading the people surrounding him.It doesn't take much more than one talk for him to tell whose beauty is only skin-deep and Kim Jaejoong with his friendly personality,humble words and shy smiles is definitely anything but a pretender.Yunho could tell why Yoochun and Changmin would assume him to be the closest to Yunho's ideal type.

“You sound awestruck,my friend.” Yoochun chuckles.

Yunho smiles.”Not awestruck,just...delighted.”

“Delighted.” Yoochun repeats,obviously amused by his friend's choice of words.”I see.”

Yunho chooeses not to reply,knowing just how much of a tease his friend can be.Yoochun is the playful type,teasing whenever he can,goofing around whenever he sees the chance to do so.Because of him,Yunho and Changmin – the not so playful type of men – always have something to laugh about.It's not that Changmin and him don't know how to have fun,it's just that they never learned how to let go of their emotions in front of others like Yoochun can.