Introduction to dorm life part 1

(❀) N E W ♛ S O U N D OF KPOP

Narration's P.O.V

---------------------------------------------

Lee Soo Man lead the way to the lobby where the girls were waiting. SHINee followed closely behind, preparing for the tour. The girls were pretty much relaxing in the lobby, getting to know each other and saying which members they liked best. Kimiko had obviously started the conversation off with her favorite boy: Onew.

"He's so cute, and yummy. I want him, and i'm gonna get him." Her tone turned from sweet and smitten to threatening and determined, and all the other girls but Aimee held their breath.

"You really don't seem like the type to like Onew, you seem like the Minho-oppa or Jonghyun-oppa type! Maybe even Key-oppa!" Seohyun said, smiling sweetly. YoonJi twitched and wanted to tell her that she didn't need to add 'oppa' to each name, just saying all their names at once and adding 'oppa' in the end gives off the same feel. But she wanted to get off on a good step with these girls, so she stayed quiet.

Kimiko rolled her eyes. "Minho's too much of a kid for me, acts too sweet, too fake. Jonghyun is too much of a crybaby, and I can never date someone as stylish as me!" She gasped, followed by Seohyun gasping. How dare she call Jonghyun a cry baby? He wasn't one!

"Jonghyun isn't a crybaby! He hardly ever cries, people always misunderstand! He only cries during concerts when the fans touch  his heart or when SHINee wins a count down he was sure they wouldn't win! Jonghyun is a sweet sensitive guy!" Seohyun defended, pouting as she spoke.

"Yeah, but how many times has SHINee won an award? Don't they win one like, every time?" Kimiko asked, clueless. YoonJi couldn't take it anymore. Usually she was calm in public but not in the face of this clueless so-called "fan".

"Actually, SHINee has won 17 awards all together, Seven awards in year 2008, mostly for best new comer award, two in 2009 for a popularity contest and a newcomer contest, Five awards in 2010 for their song Lucifer, and currently three awards this year mostly for popularity award. Yes they have won a lot, but not all of the awards, sadly."

Everyone stopped to stare at  YoonJi.

One minutes. Two minutes. Three minutes. Three and a half she drew the line, and finally asked what's up.

"What?"

"Nothing," Everyone said in union, turning their heads opposite of her.

"So Aimee, which SHINee member is your favorite?" Seohyun asked.

Aimee thought about it, from the guys she saw today, Taemin seemed to stand out to her the most. Not as if she didn't like the other members, but she felt his red hair makes him look more handsome and radiate. "Um, I use to like them all but now I think I like Taemin, he's really handsome." She smiled, but Chan Mi stared at her in shock. Oh no! She thought, fear building up inside her. It wasn't fear that Aimee liked Taemin. Aimee had all the things chan Mi didn't. Personality, Beauty, the perfect body! Chan Mi stood no chance next to her almighty wrath. She felt so small compared to Aimee, she didn't like having competition, especially one that was sure to win.

Chan Mi sighed sadly, catching others attention. Seohyun then remembered about Chan mi's crush, and felt sorry for her friend. She too knew that Aimee was too good to be true.

"Well, I like Jonghyun, if you couldn't already tell. He's so handsome and buff and a great singer, plus he's sensitive. He's my ideal man!" Seohyun drifted off, thinking about what their life would be like dating. They could harmonize together!

"I really love Key! He's so cute and diva-tastic, plus he has great sense of fashion! We could coordinate together!" YoonJi laughed, and everyone else laughed nervously. They were kind of afraid of her now, she seemed too stalker like and a like creep-tastic fangirl. YoonJi sighed, she was hoping she wouldn't give off this expression on the first day.

"You guys have the wrong impression on me, i'm not crazy, just crazy for SHINee. You have to get to know me!" She protested, getting half-way glances. Seohyun turned fully to her, and smiled. "Okay, i'm sure you're normal. You just freaked us out a bit. Though, it just proves you are a cold-hard fan, and I respect you for that." Seohyun nodded and shook YoonJi's hand. Aimee would usually be equally as nice, but she was still feeling a bit creeped out. She was siding with Kimiko on this that this girl was just a freak.

The sounds of footsteps were coming from the hall, echoing off. All the attention was now on Lee Soo Man and SHINee following behind him. They were back, and if the girls recalled correctly Minho had told them that they would tour their new dorms. Aimee quickly stood up and bowed, Followed by Chan Mi and the rest of the girls.

"Well girls, the boys have evaluated and come up with who they feel are the weakest and the strongest. We won't tell you beforehand, but those girls are going to be specially trained in the art of what they are lacking." The girls became stiff, knowing that SHINee had been talking about them. What were they saying? Bad stuff? Good stuff? Aimee suddenly felt self-conscious, feeling that her outfit is maybe a bit too tight revealing. She'd wanted to show off her long legs, look a little like the SNSD girls. And also wanted to appear like she had a figure good enough to compete with GNA, because she did. But now she wanted to cover up, even though she was showing off she didn't want the guys to be talking about her body, it was weird. Kimiko flipped her hair, feeling triumphant that everything they had said about her was good. YoonJi lusted for her favorite member, Key to have said something about her. And Chan Mi glanced at Taemin, caught his eye and looked back.

"Please, follow us outside." Lee Soo Man started walking, and everyone started following. It was as if he was the Alpha, and everyone else was his posse. They arrived outside, and saw a limo waiting for them. Chan Mi, Seohyun and YoonJi were pleased, they'd never riden in a limo before! It was so big...and long! But Aimee and Kimiko was unimpressed, Kimiko because she'd riden in one before with her best friend, and Aimee because she's spent her life riding in limos, and personally this was the smallest one she'd ever seen. She felt sorry for the others, they probably thought they were lucky.

Ah, well, that was the curse of a priviledged life.

Everyone got into the limo, and drove off. The girls were curious as to what the dorm looked like, was it big? Was it small? Would they have to share rooms? Questions filled their mind, though they had more to be worried about. Since it was a limo, Two drivers were in the front and in the back, it could contain ten. So the SHINee boys and the girls were all sitting together, facing each other.

At first it was silent, no one wanted to say anything after the girls had heard they were talking about them. But Seohyun thought that they should stop acting like the boys were celebrities, and start acting like they were friends. They would be living with them, and touring with them. Might as well get the awkward part out of the way.

"This is a really nice limo." She said, glancing around.

"Yeah, it's roomy and stuff..." Yoon Ji commented.

"It's convenient when ever the drive is long." Taemin answered.

"Do you always use the limo? Last time I thought I saw you guys driving around in a van." Aimee asked, recalling their Hello Baby season. But that was two years ago, they surely must have gotten more popular and upgraded to a sweeter ride. She felt stupid for asking that question.

"No, we still do use the van. It's roomier. Though we do use the Limo whenever we're going to awards and music concerts." Minho answered, giving a thorough explanation. He also thought it was necessary and a good idea to make small talk, and get the silence out of the way. Key was extremely bored, this small talk was going nowhere. After what Minho had said, there really wasn't any reason to continue the conversation. One of the girls will probably say something like, 'Ah, that's cool.'

"Ah, that's cool." Aimee said, making Key roll his eyes. The girl was probably just trying to be nice, she'd probably ridden in much more facier things and thought this limo was tiny. She looked so uncomfortable, squeezing in and squirming like she was claustrophobic.

"So, what did you guys talk about while we were gone?" Jonghyun asked, trying to get something interesting going. The girls slightly froze, trying to decide whether they should tell him the whole truth, or dumb it down and lie.

"We were mainly getting to know each other." YoonJi answered, sounding very much like the normal girl she wanted everyone to think she was.

"And we kind of showed off our talents a little." Aimee lied smoothly, getting glances from some of the girls. This was talk, and she didn't want it to end with such a reply YoonJi gave. She glanced at Chan Mi, who had been quiet this whole time. She kind of blended into the background, never stood out. Aimee was sure she would be really pretty if she just dressed up a bit, took off her glasses and shook off that bun. But shy people are shy people, and they like the fade out.

"Chan Mi is a really great dancer, she's so smooth and precise in her dance moves. You should have seen her, she looked so serious." Aimee smiled, lying without breaking a sweat. They hadn't done much but talk about their favorite members, but that was too embarrassing to say. It was the loser thing to do, and Aimee was never a loser.

Kimiko suddenly perked up, deciding to play along with her buddy's lie. "Yeah, we told her to pick her favorite song to dance to, but she couldn't decide so she just danced to all her favorite songs. Which include 4minute's Muzik, Secret's Magic, miss A's breath and good girl bad girl, and topping off with SNSD's Tell me your wish." Kimiko smiled in Chan Mi's direction, and SHINee all raised their eyebrows, glancing at Chan Mi. Chan Mi was speechless, she didn't know what to say. She wanted to defend herself, yell out that it was a lie and then sink into the seat, and just disappear. She hated being the center of attention when it involved social stats.

YoonJi started to catch on, and she decided if she wanted to be friends with these girls, she might as well go with the flow of the two most powerful people in this room. "She may be really shy, but she's just modest. She was a really good dancer. And Seohyun and Aimee were the best singers, in my opinion. They were really good." Aimee glanced at YoonJi, kind of baffled but expected it. I mean, if they were going to tell lies about Chan Mi, she couldn't expect them not to tell lies about them.

But she didn't do it to be mean, and neither did Kimiko. They thought Chan Mi was too quiet, the boys would over look her. And despite their appearence, the two girls wanted to fight agaisnt strong opponents. not weaklings.

YoonJi just wanted to fit in, she didn't want to be known as the crazy fan-girl anymore, even though she was crazy about SHINee. So she joined in with the mean girls prank, and for fun. It wasn't so mean, but the expression on Chan Mi's face said otherwise.

"Um!" Chan Mi started, bolting up, but then she quieted down, and Key narrowed his eyes at her.

"I just really like dancing..." She said quietly, deciding to go along with it. She didn't know why she could just say no, that's a lie.  It wasn't as if she couldn't do all those dances already, she could so technically... it wasn't a lie?

"And I really like singing," Seohyun joined in, so what Chan Mi said wouldn't echo in the background.

"I know," Jonghyun said, smiling. "We read your records, You're a really good singer, according to your files. Won a good portion of awards, same as Aimee." He smiled her way too.

"We look forward to hearing you both harmonize with the rest of us." Taemin said.

The limo suddenly skidded to a stop, and the girls all looked out the tinted windows. Onew poked his head out, peering over then nodded. "Yeah, I think we're here."

Seohyun's P.O.V

-----------------------------------

We all got out the car, eager to rush into the building that would soon be our new home! After we saw this, we'll go home and pack. Then come back here two days later, and begin our new, wonderful lives as SM trainees! We could see the building right infront of us, and it was huge! Well, atleast we thought it was huge. I glanced at Aimee, who's expression was unreadable. I had the impression that she was a rich girl, right from the beginning. And I was suspicious of her being a mean girl from the beginning too, being best friends with Kimiko. But she actually seemed nice and respectful, and I liked her. Maybe we could be friends, if she stopped sticking to that wench all the time.

"Oh my gosh, this is such a big house!" I exclaimed.

"Dorm," Aimee corrected.

"It's not a house." Kimiko added.

I rolled my eyes. Whatever, it was still bigger than any dorm i've seen. Maybe other idols live in here. I stared at the boys, I was nervous to ask them anything. But if we were really going to go through with all this competition, i'd have to.

I walked up to Key-oppa and tapped him on the back.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"Are theyre any other idols living here?" I asked, trying to look casual but felt like a nevous wreck inside. He thought for awhile, shakin his head.

"A few idols used to, but they moved out to a better one. Now it's just us." He answered. I breath a sigh of relief, I wouldn't be able to handle more than five celebrities.

"You seemed relieved. Most people would be happy they're going to meet more celebrities." He asked, cocking his head to the side. I looked away, smiling slightly and shrugged. 

"We already have to live with you guys, having to meet any other idols would be a little overwhelming for us." I admitted, blushing slightly. He smiled and laughed a bit, then turned his head back to the direct of the dorm. We were only a couple of feet away, when I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me back. I panicked, and froze. I turned my head to see it was YoonJi.

"How did you do that?" She whispered.

"Do what?" Baffled, I asked.

"Make Key-oppa laugh! He looked so happy and cute..." She pouted and looked at him with a longing. I chuckled, natural response for fangirls.

"I didn't really do anything, I just asked him if any other idols were living there." She looked at me baffled, like she wanted more. Like she had expected me to have flirted or cracked a joke or something. I didn't like Key-oppa, I liked Jonghyun. And I was sticking with my guy!

We finally arrived, and slipped through the gates. Entering the front door, we were introduced to a hallway.

"Here is where the SHINee boys live, on the first floor. You live on the second floor." Lee Soo Man said, and I was pretty impressed on how big the first floor was. There was a door in the hallway, and I knew he wasn't going to let us see it. Instead he led us upstairs, into our room.

YoonJi's P.O.V

---------------------------------

I was so excited! Mr. Lee Soo Man was going to show us our dorm, our sanctum! Where we will all be living together, think of that?! With SHINee, just one floor below us...

"Here is your dorm," Mr. Lee said, snapping his hands and having a guard rush to give him the keys. Damn, that guy was powerful. Mr. Lee used the key to open the door, slamming it open.

I heard a collective gasp go across. Well, four collective gasps.

The dorm was beautiful! It looked like the inside of a mansion! The living room was as big as a soccer field, and it had wooden floors and lazyboy white sofas. There was a flat screen TV, and potted plants next to it.The wall wasn't painted white, it was white marble, soft and glistening. It was so amazing and beautiful, I even saw Aimee look a little impressed. A little.

The carpet looked so soft! It was pure white cotton, I was sure. We all took off our shoes and walked through the house. He showed us our personal gym and recording studio, and dancing studio too with mirrors and ballet poles. The bathroom looked like a bathhouse, and it smelled wonderful. I was so anxious for our rooms, I just blurted it out.

"What do our rooms look like?" I said, a little bit too excited. Mr. Lee laughed, motioning forward.

"Which one of you is the oldest?" He turned to us and asked. I raised my hand. Everyone else was seventeen and sixteen, though I was the only eighteen year old.

"Then you get your own room." He smiled, motioning to my dorm. I smiled really big, then rushed forward and slammed the double  doors open.

I gasped.