Going home part 3.

(❀) N E W ♛ S O U N D OF KPOP

Aimee's P.O.V

---------------------------------------------------------------

  "Mother? Father?"

The house was empty. I silently closed the door behind me and heard the limo drive away.

  "Is no one home?" I asked.

   Again, none answered. Mother and Father were still not home, which was not a surprise to me. They are fairly busy with other things, they really have no time to be hanging out home frequently. I'm guessing they'll be home close to 10-12, Mother will arrive first and Dad second. But right now, barely evening, I have the house to myself.  This big, empty, spacious house, all to myself to do what I please with it. I sighed heavily, marching forward and slumping head-first into the couch. I was going to be so bored! No one here to talk to. No one here to entertain me.

    Sometimes, I hated being an only child. But my mother would never risk the weight-gain and have another one. I kicked off my shoes and shuffled my way into the couch more, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV. We had a big TV in our home, it almost fit the entire wall. Okay, that was an exagerration.But it was an 150 inch panasonic plasma screen TV, it was the world biggest television when it first came out, and it was called the "Life Screen" My Father called it his most valuable possession when Mother wasn't around. It was usually the most entertaining thing in the house, but it seemed like all there was to watch today were infomercials and paid programming. I was considering re-watching a full season of either Criminals Minds or BBC's Sherlock, but so much was going through my head that I couldn't possibly concentrate on Reid's handsome features or Sherlock's arrogant atitude with my near future zooming around my head.

   I had met SHINee! the biggest boy-group in South Korea. I had toured SM entertainment. I had met SHINee. I had been evaluated, I had met SHINee. I had been given my dorm room and roommate. I had met SHINee! I just couldn't get past that. And not just that, but that I may actually join the group! Live with them, and tour with them. I had been thinking about how I may have made an impression on them, good or bad. I think I made an alright impression with SHINee, I hope I came across as polite as possible but not too polite. Maybe nice with a bit of a saucy edge to her, since they had seen me apologizing to Mr. Lee Soo Man. I was a bit glad they had seen that, because I had nothing else going for me if they had just evaluated me off my attitude, or my body. But maybe they knew about my singing talents, or my modeling background? I hoped so, because I really wanted to win. Or atleast go far.

      There was a sudden knock at the door, and I bolted upright in surprise. Who could be around at this hour? Maybe it was another one of my friend coming to visit me. Or maybe it was the mailman with another package for my mother, free gifts from all the companies she models for. I got up anyways, pulled up my shirt and pulled down my shorts and went to answer the door. And to my surprise, when I opened it, I saw one of Kiyomi's siblings at my door. I couldn't tell which was which, so I kind of stood their dumbstruck. 

    "Hi." He said. He had black hair, and I knew that the twins had dyed their hair different colours so people could tell them apart. But since I didn't hang around them or talked to them much, I hadn't noticed who had done what. 

So instead, I took a lucky guess. 

     "Hello...Tomoya?" 

He smiled. "Yeah, that's me."

I gave myself a mental pat on the back. "Yes, I got it right. Well, what are you doing here?" 

He seemed taken aback by my comment, and shyed away a bit, the smile erased from his face. "Oh...um...can I come in?" 

I nodded and opened the door wider from him to walk. He stepped inside, and I felt the sound of my father's voice in the back of my head, saying no boys over when you're alone. I felt the least bit guilty, but Tomoya wasn't a bad guy. It was Daichi that was a bit tippy nowadays. 

     "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as he sat down on my couch. Unlike others, Tomoya had gotten used to the kind of place I lived in. Others, like my friends at school, always said something like "It's so big" "HIGH-DEF TV!" "Is that an in-house spa!?". But Tomoya, being someone I grew up with my entire-life, he was pretty much used to all this craziness.

     "I just wanted to come and hang. Thought you might be lonely in this big house, and wanted to talk to someone. You know, about your day." He smiled, dangling his feet over the arm of the chair. I smiled back at him as I took my seat. 

        "Well, I really screwed up early today..."

 

YoonJi's P.O.V

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Just I walked through the doors of my house, I was tackled by what felt like a hundred hands engulfing me. But, living with my siblings all my lifes and totally used to this, I knew it was only six--two for each! 

                "Unni, you've returned!" My younger sister, Mao, exclaimed. I smiled and ruffled her hair. She was the youngest out of the three, only six. There was Seji, eight, who was my stepbrother and half japanese, and EunMi, ten. She seemed to be the most exciteded that I was going to become famous for myself, Seji wasn't me to become famous so I could introduce him to the girls from BEG, which, mind I tell you---Are MUCH older than him! (And not to talk about aren't even IN SM!) And EunMi, is COMPLETELY over this Idol stuff, she only hugged me because I handed her the box of donuts she'd ask me to buy. She scurried away to her room after that. 

                  "So did you meet Narsha Nuna?" Seji-kun asked, his face filled with expectation. For some reason, I decided to humor him today. 

                "Yup! I did, I even talked to her about you, gave her the hint." I winked at him, and he beamed, hugged me again, then jumped unto the couch and closed his eyes---no doubt dreaming about his future wife. I took Mao is my arm and stood up, carrying her. She was my favorite out of the three, she was actually curious as to how my day had gone! Just when she was about to ask me, my parents came into the room. 

                    "YoonJi!" My mom called excitedly, running towards me and giving me a big-bear hug. She ruffled my hair and kissed my cheek. "So, how was it?" 

                     "It was awesome! Just like expected, SHINee shines brighter than any star in the universe! Especially Key oppa, he's just so cool! with his blonde hair and ulzzang glasses and his style, it's to die for!" I exclaimed, pretend fainting. My Dad chuckled and rolled his eyes, and my mom imitated him. 

                       "Dear, I meant how was the SM? The building? The tour?" Mom clearified. 

                       "Oh!" I giggled. "It was awesome! Since i'm the oldest, I got my very own room! The other girls were so jealous of me." Yoonji snapped her fingers in a sassy and joking way, getting more rolls from her family. 

                        "Do you think you have a chance? Winning against the other girls, I mean." Her Dad asked. 

                       Yoonji pondered over this. All the other girls were strong opponents, Kimiko with her bold attitude, Aimee with her charisma, Seohyun was rumored to be an amazing singer, Chanmi was shy, but a good dancer...Yoonji didn't know what she had. She was the oldest, so she automatically the leader of all these girls. But she had nothing. She wasn't very talented at all. Sure she was an okay singer and not the worst dancer...but everyone else had something that stood out. YoonJi sighed, covering her face with her hands. 

                                 "No." 

 

Seohyun's P.O.V

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

                 I requested for the driver to drop me at a studio I was part of instead of home. It was a voice training studio, where I went sometimes to practice my voice. 

                 I spent about thiry minutes warming up until I recieved a call from ChanMi. I answered eagerly---this was the first time she'd called me since i'd given her my number! I'm surprised she even kept it this long...maybe she was finally breaking out of her shy shell?

                 "Hello?" 

The line was silent, and then suddenly I heard crying. I knew it was Chanmi, but I couldn't make out what she was saying, though I could tell she was crying. 

               "ChanMi? Minnie? Mimi? Yah, answer me!" I demanded, and it made her stop blubbering a bit, and I could understand some of her words. 

               "I can't do it, i'm useless, i'll be the first one out, i'm not confident enough, I-I-I-I..." 

               "Woah! Slow down! What do you mean?" 

           "I mean that I can't do it! Everyone else is...more! Just more in everything! More in personality, in talent, in attractiveness!" ChanMi croacked at 'attractiveness' and I rolled my eyes. This girl

               "What do you mean no talent? You may be a bit shy--"

                "A bit? Seohyun, don't lie. I'm an absolute introvert. I can't look people in the eye, I can't behave normally around people, I can't even talk to people!" She was sobbing harshly on the other end. "I'm a complete failure!" 

                   "ChanMi listen to me! You are not a failure. You have accomplished so much, all your dancing awards--"

                   "What else am I good at other than dancing? Admit it, i'm a one trick pony--"

                  "Stop interrupting me! You aren't good for nothing, and many are only born with one talent. I doubt you even have one, SM will probably train us all to be able to sing at least decently." 

                     "No one likes me. I'm a complete introvert. I'll never connect with the fans, if I even make it." 

                     "Have you met yourself? You are the most pleasent person to be with! Unlike Kimiko, you are humble and nice and sweet, and just overall refreshing. Kind of like the maknae in Girls Generation, people will love your genuine sweetness." 

I tried my best to calm her down, because honestly I didn't know what else to say. I had always known she had low self-esteem, but she had never called me and openly cried about how imperfect she was, when she was infact, as perfect as perfect could get! 

                   Her sniffling quieted and I silently prayed that I had gotten through to her. 

                  "Please don't quit, I need you to promise me you'll see this through for as long as you can." 

                  "I promise," She finally said, sniffling. "Thank you, Seohyun. You're a great friend."

                And then she hung up, and I sighed. It was sometimes tiring to deal with someone with such low self-worth, but I still cared about her. It was barely night yet, but I felt exhausted and just wanted to rest. So I grabbed a book and crawled into my bed, reading a few pages before I drifted off to dreamland. 

 

                 There, I dreamt of SHINee. 

                That I was the one who won the challenge, that I performing on stage with SHINee and people were chanting my name. And when the show was over, Jonghyun came and hugged me tightly, then kissed my cheek.