Photoshoot time!

(❀) N E W ♛ S O U N D OF KPOP

 

Narration P.O.V(Females)

                The five girls we a limo that was driving towards SM. entertainment, bright and early at the request of Mr. Lee Soo Man; They had all received a text message that said he wanted them back at the building bright and early for a ‘special little surprise’. And Kimiko was having so much fun guessing what it was.

                “It’s probably a rearrangement of the rooms. You know, he’s probably giving me the biggest one.” She shot YoonJi an evil look and smiled brightly, trying to look innocent. She still thought she deserved the biggest room, why did the crazy girl have to get it?

                Aimee sighed, shaking her head at her best friend. “The oldest gets the biggest room; it’s always been like that and always will.” She said matter-of-factly. Her head was filled with so many different things, mainly her conversation with Tomoya. She had talked to him for hours on end, first about her experience at SM for the first time and eventually it swerved off into his life, what he was up to, and vice versa. She was confused because she had really enjoyed it, and felt sad when he said he should get going.

                Kimiko snickered. “Ah-bviously you think you deserve it the most.” She hinted to the events that had happened yesterday, Aimee’s little outburst at Mr. Lee So Man. Aimee blushed and looked down, ashamed. She hated that Kimiko kept reminding her of it, and would probably never let her live it down. Perfect, polite little Aimee, had snapped over a room size. Just how spoilt could she really be?

                “Leave her alone, she already regrets it enough without you shoving it down ever chance you get.” Yoonji snapped, irritated with Kimiko’s attitude. Could the girl not shut up for a thirty-minute drive?

                Usually, Yoonji would just ignore Kimiko’s bad attitude and bratiness, but she had gone through a lot yesterday when she had confessed to her parents that she knew she didn’t have a chance against all these girls. Just scanning them, they beauty the talents, and her? YoonJi didn’t have anything.

                “Oh, listen here you--”

                “Kimmy, just drop it, will you? Go back to your guessing game.” Aimee said sternly, then on a lighter note added: “I think the surprise is Mr. Lee Soo Man taking us to meet the other celebrities. You know, get acquainted with the K-pop world to better live in it.”

                It was a good guess, but Seohyun knew it was wrong. It was way too early to introduce these newbies to such glowing professionals. That would most likely happen later on in their training, when it was maybe three of them left. But Seohyun was also curious; she had no idea what awaited them. Her eyes floated to ChanMi, huddled in the corner and trying to blend into the background. So naturally Seohyun put her on the stop.

                “What do you think we’ll do, ChanMi?”

                “Huh?” Chanmi pushed up her glasses and turned to back Seohyun. She seemed to shrink when she noticed everyone was staring at her.

                “What do you think the surprise is?”

                ChanMi shrugged. She had a theory that it was a photoshoot, because usually in competitions like this they always trying to find the girls ‘personality’ through a series of photos, and maybe a make-up to find her image. “Maybe a photo shoot, I don’t know.”

                “Photoshoot?” Kimiko’s eyes lit with excitement. “I would rock a photoshoot. I’ve been practicing my headshots, and think I’ve got great angles.” She then proceeded posing in various ways in an attempt to make her face look pretty, and it made Aimee burst out laughing.

                “Oh, shut up.” Kimiko snapped, suddenly angry. “It’s not fair, you have experience modeling. Why are you even here? You’re practically already famous.”

                The silence spread out through the limo. Aimee looked shocked that Kimiko had exploded like this, but Seohyun wasn’t. She knew the girl was a loose cannon, completely jealous of Aimee the moment she met her. Aimee tried to compose herself, her hands clenching and unclenching again.

                “It’s not decided that it’s a photo shoot yet, calm down, Kimmy.”

                YoonJi scoffed. How Pathetic. Why was Aimee taking her crap? If it was YoonJi Kimiko had snapped to like that, her cheap hair extensions would’ve been ripped out of her head in a slip second. It was obviously who ruled this so called ‘friendship’, but YoonJi knew Aimee had so much more potential. Kimiko was smothering it.

                The car arched to a stop, and the door opened to reveal an . The girls got out one by one, and they soon discovered that they weren’t at SM at all, but a similar looking building, over-looking the ocean.

                “Are we being kidnapped?” Seohyun whispered.

                “Please, this way.” The said, ordering them to follow him towards the building. Through the double doors, they saw that Mr. Lee Soo Man was standing there, greeting them with open arms.

                “Good morning, and welcome, Ladies. So happy to see you all here today.” He greeted. Aimee was the first to step up and bow.

                “Good morning, Mr. Lee.”

                If he was still angry at her, he didn’t show it. Instead he smiled and nodded. The others girl, though, their attention was on the five beautiful boys standing behind him.

                SHINee, looking as shining as ever stood there with such effortless perfection Yoonji almost fainted. Her Key looked especially dazzling today, his faded skinny jeans ripped in all the right places, his blonde hair brushed into a fringe with a aqua-blue beanie ontop and his white tee with a giant black line on it looking exceptionally baggy against his small frame. His shoes were addias, and YoonJi approved with a small nod of her head. She tried to catch his eye, but he was chipping at his fingernails.

                ChanMi was avoiding contact with Taemin, she didn’t know why, but she just couldn’t look at him. But she already knew he’d be wearing skinny jeans and a plain white shirt, with black shoes and shades; Sometimes a blazer. It was his usual casual outfit; she’d memorized it a while ago. But she snuck a peak anyways, and saw that his blonde mushroom top was cut jagged and dyed a vibrant shade of red. Her heart beat a little bit faster, and she held onto her necklace as she glanced around.

                Aimee glanced at Minho, who smiled and brought out a small hand in a wave. In glee she waved back and tucked her hair behind her ears before she remembered that she had curled it and let it go. Minho’s hair looked polished black and spiky in all the right ways, and matched his black v-neck and blue jeans he wore with white sneakers. She loved the bad-boy casual look he hand going on, it was very alluring.

                “I’m sure you’re all wondering why you’re here today.” Mr. Lee Soo Man continued, snapping the girls out of their reverie. They all turned their attention back to him, because they honestly were.

                “Well today is image consultant day. When we make you over and decide on the image you’ll be having in this group. Yes, hair cutting will be involved, and so will dying. After that, we’ll take a few snap shots of you in different genre and decide what your personality will be.”

                Listening to this, Seohyun wanted to turn around and walk out the door. She was intrigued until the last part; decide that your personality will be. What did that mean? She wouldn’t be allowed to be herself? Whatever image they chose for her, she’d be forced to live it?

                “Please, follow your into the make-over room. In an hour or so, meet me back here.”

                And with that, he set the girls on a journey they never knew they’d take.

 

 

Aimee’s P.O.V

                “Please don’t cut off all my hair.”

Was the first thing I said when the stylist sat me down and turned me towards the mirror; my hair was all around me, so long it touched my thigh when I sat down. I loved her hair, and hadn’t spent all morning curling it just so it could be cut off hours later.

                The female rolled her eyes and chuckled. “Don’t worry, sweetheart. I know exactly what I’m going to do to you.”

                And without a warning, blind folds were put on my head.

                “Woah! What’re you doing?” I complained, struggling against the restraints.

                “No peeking! You can see after I’m done…” The stylist told me to bend her head forward, and I did. The washing began and ended just as quick, before I felt her stylist painting my hair with colours. Dying, she was dying my hair the colour of God knows what. And then…cutting. I felt and cut the snips of the sharp razor going over my hair multiple times. I stifled back a cry, these stylist knew what they were doing, they had created so many great looks for so many different people. They wouldn’t make me look bad.

                After what felt like hours later, she finally undid my blind fold. As she loosened it I ripped it off, staring at what she had done, and was pleasantly surprised when I smiled at my reflection. She had dyed my hair from dark brown to pure black, and she the cutting I’d hair were layers. She’d given my long-side bangs and curled my hair in an even more professional way, and I have to say I looked daringly y. I loved it.

Seohyun’s P.O.V

                I felt incredibly nervous, but also excited. I’d never gotten a make-over before, not really. She hoped that it wouldn’t be anything too crazy, but she also wanted something that’ll make her not recognize herself.

                “I think for you…the braided pig tails are coming off!”

                Seohyun opened her eyes. Her stylist was a male who sounded Italian, with hair that was both solid black and poison red. It was styled in an upward fashion, like a fringe. He wore glasses and had rings on all his fingers, along with a tattoo across his collarbone. She immediately knew that subtle was not in this man’s dictionary.

                “Eyes closed starting…now!” And he put the blind folds on her.

                She heard a lot of cutting, painting of hair, and washing. When he was finally done he removed the blind folds and Seohyun gasped. Her hair was cut short, really short. It was dyed Black at the roots, Amber in the hair and red at the tips. It was styled like Amber’s from f(x) hair, and she looked like a boy.

                “I was thinking image could be…rapper! The cool one, with all the nice beats!”

                Seohyun didn’t want to be the rapper, but she loved the look. It was different, it was daring, it was…so not subtle!