Side Story

Camera Hyung

[a/n: this is set in the middle of the camera hyung, around chapters 3-4, and acts as a standalone with no big influence on CH's plot.]

 

 

Jinki looked at the clock. It was a minute before 12 pm. Smiling, he opened a tab to load SHINE’s channel. It was like history in the making, but only within the confines of his bedroom.

It was the first time Jinki would be able to experience what fans used to say “comeback”. He used to read about unparalleled excitement with teasers and photos and previews, but Jinki never understood why there was such a thrill about it—until now. He had been tittering in his seat for hours already, watching his Twitter and BBS get flooded with squeeing, excited fans.

They had already released teaser photos for the other three members of the group, but Jinki was more interested with the way the fans got overly enthusiastic about them rather than the photos themselves. But today, they were going to release the last teaser—the one of the leader, of course, as well as a preview of the music video. And Jinki could finally understand what the fans meant by eagerly anticipating—sweaty palms, butterflies in the stomach, and a thrumming heart.



The clock on his computer struck the hour and Jinki quickly refreshed his browser. He fidgeted as the page loaded, almost afraid that the site will crash because of the amount of hits it was probably getting. But the page had fully loaded and there was no update at all.

Cocking his head on one side in confusion, Jinki loaded SHINE’s main site. If the video wasn’t up, maybe Jonghyun’s teaser would be up. But after a few attempts at loading, there was no update even in the main site. Pouting at his monitor, Jinki decided to wait. Maybe there was just a time delay somewhere.

[13:02] Hey! How are you doing? Are you at work today?

[13:03] Kim Jonghyun-ssi.

[13:05] ??????

[13:06] Where is your teaser? Where is your music video?

[13:10] Oh, was it supposed to come out today? Haha! I guess it’ll be out in a bit! :)

[13:11] It’s been an hour!!!

[13:12] Ok. calm down. Let me check with my manager.

[14:00] Is it even releasing today?

[14:15] Kim Jonghyun-ssi

[15:02] Why aren’t you replying?

[15:30] Sorry. Busy. I think it’ll come out soon! They’re just a bit delayed because of something.

[15:31] :(

[15:35] Jinki??

[15:40] I’ve been sitting in front of my computer like an idiot for hours. I could’ve gone to work instead!!

[15:42] I haven’t slept at all last night, too because I was waiting >:(

[15:45] Sorry! I don’t know why it’s so late. But it’s worth the wait, I promise!

[15:50] …Really?

[16:00] Well, it is me, after all! :D

[16:01] AAAAAAA IT’S HERE!!!!!!




“Why are you laughing again?”

Jonghyun closed his phone, trying to suppress his smile as he shook his head at Kibum. “It’s nothing. I think I’ve just experienced firsthand how our fans behave every time we have a comeback.”

Taemin laughed as he grabbed Minho’s share of snacks. “They go crazy.”

“Yah, Taeminnie!” Minho exclaimed, but half of his share was already in the maknae’s mouth. Sighing, he turned to Jonghyun. “I don’t go on social networking sites but I heard some of them don’t even go out because they’re waiting for teasers. That’s just kind of extreme, huh.”

Jonghyun jumped when his phone rang once more. Going through it, he grinned. “Yeah you bet they do.”

[16:20] Waah, it’s so nice!!

[16:21] I think I’ve watched the preview 20 times!!

[16:22] Did you sing the part at 0:18? Of course you did, it was awesome!!

[16:23] Your photo is really…nice, too. I mean, you’re handsome in it and everything and

[16:24] Suddenly everyone in my twitter list wants to marry you :((((

[16:25] You shouldn’t be that handsome. I hate how you’re so handsome in your photo.

[16:26] But your voice is really nice and…

[16:30] Oh my, when did I type so many messages?!

[16:35] Lee Jinki, I really love you.

[16:36] Yyou

[16:37] You…do you even know how many people are in love with you?

[16:38] Hahaha. It’s ok, I’m only in love with one :))

[16:39] Dear Jinki wants to video chat. Please click CONFIRM to accept.