Chapter Nine

It Started With a Name
     ºChapter Nine

     “Right, right let’s get to that.” I acknowledged and came down from my knees and sat flatly. “What exactly should I say though? What is it you want to know?” I honestly had no idea what I could say in this situation to make it any better. In these types of things I usually just sat and listened never really had a say in any of it. O'Hare was the one that was good with this stuff.

     His left leg hitched up beside him. “First of all tell us about you. Why are you always such a creepy little kid?”

     I shifted uncomfortably. “Not sure... I’m a creepy person naturally."

     Sungyeol laughed but covered his mouth quickly when he noticed how the others were trying to keep a serious face. “What? It was funny!” He snickered. L’s arm swung over Sungyeol's shoulder and pulled him in close to hush the child.

     “Thanks, we get that you’re a stalker with no life now tell us WHY you are like this," Sunggyu said coldly.

     “Well first of all I’m not a stalker, so how about you kiss my ?” I snapped. Things were heading down hill pretty fast. One thing I knew about Sunggyu was that he hated when his dongsaengs  spoke informally.

     “Kiss your ? Have you gone insane? I’m Kim Sunggyu and I would never do that, especially to such a lowly person as you. Honestly I don’t even know why you’re here again. You were a pain in my neck yesterday and now you’re here again which only makes things worse,” Sunggyu shot back. I was getting more and more irritated.

     A soft hand was placed on my shoulder and O’Hare began to speak up. “I really don’t think you have the right to sit here and call her a stalker. She's only just moved here. Her Korean isn’t that good, as you can tell, although she’s getting a lot better,” her hand firmly squeezed me. “And it’s not her fault one of your names is on her. Eveyone's got one. It doesn't mean she's obsessed.”

     None of them spoke and they all looked at me, looking somewhat apologetic. I shrugged my shoulders and continued to add onto what O’Hare was saying. “I’m sorry.” Even though the words had come out of my mouth I was shocked to hear them. It wasn’t what I had expected is all. I had thought of saying how accusing I was wrong and they could have gone about this in a different way, but no, fate was always making me its .

     “So when you were talking to my mom yesterday we heard some of what you were saying. I’m sorry,” Dongwoo spoke up for the first time in our meeting. I simply shook my head. I had known that they would have overheard thanks to that grease ball making such a snide comment at the end of my heart-wrenching story.


     I spent about fifteen minutes finishing telling them what my life had been up until now. How I had been bounced around throughout my family members because I was no longer wanted or needed, only to be forced back to them in a year or so when they needed me again. When life was too hard for them and I was their ticket out.

     “It’s okay; seriously it is, so please get off of me,” I tried to plead with Sungjong who was hugging the life out of me. I tried to pry his slim arms off of me but he wasn’t as weak as his first impression had given me. His head snuggled into the crook of my neck.

     “But it's so sad,” he blurted. A few minutes of his soft whimpers passed and all I did was rub his head until he calmed down. When he was finally calm he sat with the other members of Infinite.

     “I’m for this.” He declared as he sat by L.  

     “For what?” Everyone asked in union turning our attention to the boy… man who had stopped crying now. He gestured towards me, “For her and Dongwoo to go out. To get married. For her to make him yummy food. Isn’t that what you talked about hyung in your paradise rap? The girl who made you yummy food? She can make you yummy food now!”

     I felt like stabbing myself in the eyes and so did everyone else in the room. He was so innocent but I honestly couldn’t tell if he was faking it, or really was that naïve.  I mean what person at his age could not know what is!? HOW? How did they protect him so perfectly? It didn’t make sense to me, although I was sure him crying just now was very sincere.

     Sunggyu began to scold him “Sungjong-ah. This isn’t your choice. They need to talk it out or something. But not now. We need to finish practicing.”

     “Hyung please! Just let them try it!” He whined trying to use aegyo to win over his leader.

     “This is not our choice Sungjong! Another word of it and I’m going to get super pissed so please shut up!” He busted out at the maknae.

     I felt as if I should say something to him, but I really couldn’t. We had just gotten on better terms, but it didn’t feel right to yell at Sungjong like that. I honestly could never tell if it was my ego or simply the difference of how we were raised.

     Dongwoo spoke up for the first time since our meeting. “ ~-ah. Did you come here to try and look for me? It wasn’t worth your time, mianhae. If we were meant to be, then wouldn’t I also have your name on me somewhere?”  We locked eyes and I could tell Jang Dongwoo was truly sorry. He was so passionate about everything he had said and meant every word of it. It tugged at my heart a little bit. How could he be so kind and gentle when hardly knew me? An idiot like him would only be hurt.

     “It’s fine. I wish you would have brought up the topic a bit sooner though to save us from all this drama.” I reached up and scratched the back of my head and I felt extremely sheepish.