Chapter Seven

It Started With a Name

                                                  ºChapter Seven

       Eventually things calmed down and I was able to peacefully leave the store.  Thank the high heavens Infinite had to go. I already made a fool of myself. While I admit I wasn’t the only one at fault, I feel like I could have handled it better. Oh well. I stuck my tongue out while working home and mumbled some very unlady like things. Only then did I come up with some really smart comebacks, and I cursed myself for not being able to earlier. I even considered asking Umma-nim to let me go.

     “No. There’s no way you’re going to quit. We are understaffed with just us. Do you really want to make me an old lady” she took a deep breath and put a hand to her back, "And make me do all these chores? Look at my poor wrinkled hands! I..I… I should be putting lotion on, not washing dishes!” I shook my head at her. She was so incredible I could barely handle it. Even though she was joking with the back thing somehow she had made me want to stay and help her.  I stood by and wished that I knew for Umma-nims’ secret recipe for obedience. (E/N: That kids, is called a guilt trip)

Infinite POV

     “Well that was an adventure. Dongwoo, I didn’t know your dad was such a player. I mean how the hell did he convince his uncle to loan him the house for a week? How!?”  Sungyeol threw his hands up in exasperation. No doubt very dirty thoughts were turning in his sick little head.

     “Would you just shut up?" Dongwoo asked loudly.

     "Holy crap, Sungyeol did you totally forget about when his dad seduced two girls at one time? That takes serious skills,"  Woohyun commented, which he paid for with a firm slap to the back of his head by Sunggyu.

     “Dongwoo, are you still awake?” Sunggyu asked. Dongwoo nodded his head but the subject was quickly changed when their manager began to tell them about their schedules for the following day.

     Soon, they had arrived at their dorms and everyone rushed out of the van and lined up for showers. Hoya was first, lucky bastard.

     “So hyung, what do you think about that girl working at your parent’s restaurant?” Sungjong asked as he nudged Dongwoo in the side with his elbow. The question brought the members attention from the bouncy ball that had so easily captivated them.

     “I don’t like it. I wish Umma would just fire her. Someone with a temper like that is bad with working with customers.” He bit on his bottom lip before looking at the younger male. “Why? I know you're into the fiery type, but don’t do it. She seems really out of control. Like, someone please give her anger management classes." 

     “Hyung! I didn’t mean like that! I just think she would be fun to hang out with. I could date her if I wanted to if you’re name wasn’t so obviously on her collarbones. What’s with that anyway?”

     “As if I know! It’s probably some other Dongwoo so let’s just drop it right now,” Dongwoo huffed and pushed Sungjong over when it was his turn to get into the shower.

Dongwoo POV

      For some reason he felt really riled up as he stepped out of the shower and got dressed.  He tried to play with L but even that didn’t calm him down. He felt like beating someone up. Dongwoo rushed to his shared room and picked up his banana pillow and hit it lightly.

      “How is this supposed to help me? I feel bad for hitting my love~” He said into the banana's nonexistent ear. He threw it to the ground and fell onto his bed. “I cannot believe you! You’re seeing someone else? Who is it? Please, I’m sorry for whatever I’ve done just don’t leave. I love you Banana! You’re the only one in my heart!”

     “SHUT UP HYUNG!” Woohyun yelled through the dorm.

     Dongwoo sighed and shifted onto his side; somewhere in the process picking up his “most loved one” and snuggling with it.

     ‘I don’t know what to do... That girl is so strange. We all overheard her little background story. I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel bad for her… but why was she so chill about it? It seemed plenty easy for her to get angry!’ Dongwoo threw the pillow at the door. “AISH WHY AM LIKE THIS! JUST A PABO!” His door flung open and in a second Sunggyu was on top of him squeezing the life out of his body.

“We have a schedule tomorrow! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? WE ALL KNOW YOU’RE AN IDIOT SO ACCEPT THE FACT AND SLEEP!” Sunggyu shook Dongwoo until his head was flopping back and forth like a wet noodle. Satisfied, he got off of him and huffed out something before leaving. Dongwoo just laughed absurdly.

“~” POV

     Sunday… what a glorious freakin' day it was. With the birds chirping outside and the sunlight shining through the curtains, oh, even the smell of coffee.  It was totally like the typical morning in a drama, but I wasn’t the main character. And honestly I just felt like catching those stupid birds and shoving them into my washing machine.

     “Shut up... seriously I’m going to kill your entire family,” I mumbled to the birds and turned towards the wall and snuggled with my blanket. Too bad that seemed like the best thing ever to the birds. I sat up and rolled off the bed onto the floor. I was already awake, so I wasn’t going to go back to sleep for about two hours at least.

     “OMO ~ you scared the crap out of me. I was about to wake you. Why are you up on your own?” Afton asked and looked me over while trying to hand me a cup of coffee. I rejected the offer and went to the fridge and grabbed some strawberry yogurt. “Ah, food first right? You don’t really like coffee anyway.” She smiled at me and went to wake O'Hare up while I moved to the small table. O'Hare was up in about five seconds like usual.

     None us had classes that afternoon. I had one later at like, five this evening so until then I was free.

     “Don’t you have work though ~? Should you be taking this long?” Afton asked. I almost spit out my yogurt. I hadn’t asked about my hours with all the drama yesterday. I ran into the room where O'Hare was changing. She squeaked, but she eventually got over it as I pulled some dark skinny jeans on and a black t-shirt. I also tugged on some black hi-tops and I put in some earrings. I clipped a chain accessory onto my hip. It hung over the left side of my thigh and gave the outfit enough to not look like it was pieces just randomly thrown together. Of course that was what it was though, because my fashion style was always the same.

     “You guys come with me to check out my hours and then we can go to the movies afterwards.” I told them. O'Hare agreed and followed me out.  Afton tagged along, acting reluctant, but it was obvious she wanted to go. Her excuse was “Kris has practice today so I would just die from boredom.” Of course that was why.

     Alogn the way to the magical food-eating place, I fell and ripped the knee of my jeans. I told myself it was alright though, that it made me look edgier. Of course that’s not what I told myself after yelling at O'Hare for calling me an idiot. Otherwise, we arrived without a hitch. I pushed the door open and smiled at Umma-nim at the register. This place was becoming more and more familiar the more time I spent there.  I flashed a smile back at her, but then was handed a large basket of food.

    “Here take this and make a run would you? Thank you dear!” she asked with a smile.

    “But Umma I need to ask about my hours! I can’t work every day. I mean I could, if you guys really need help, but I should study too,” I tried to tell her, but she was succeeding in pushing the three of us out of the front door and pointing to the restaurant's van.

     “It’ll be fine. You can work every day and still study! That’s what my little Dongwoo did, and he still had time to practice dance and get himself famous. If a dinosaur has time to do that, you have time!” She didn't seem the least bit worried that this could interfere with my studies. Not that I really ever studied, it was more like just reading the chapters I was supposed to, taking "notes," and never looking at it again. 

     It wasn’t the response I was looking for at all.  It would appear that Umma had calmed down quite a lot in her days because I had taken her for one of those parents that would scold you if did anything else but study. We piled into the van and O'Hare drove because I wanted to catch up on some sleep I had missed.

Four hours later

“So… tell me again exactly why we ended up here? I think I am going to go crazy! Afton, hurry up and call Kris and ask him for directions!” I snapped and pointed to the large studio that was in front of us. I was not going to in there and deliver food for Infinite. It was just insane. But O'Hare was already heading to the front doors and tapping on the glass. 

Sorry it's short everyone. I have events planned out that I want to do........ just getting to those events is what gets me ^^;