The Truth

More Than A Memory

 

Onew and Jonghyun took the seats outside of Minho’s room. Taemin was sitting on the floor next to the door, hands on his face, sobbing uncontrollably.  He turned his body and began to beat on the door, screaming and begging to be let inside. I grabbed onto his arms and turned his body around, embracing him into a tight hug.

Almost an hour later, the doctor walked out of the room. Onew was the first person to stand and walk towards the him.

“We were able to stabilize him, but I am sorry to say that he is not going to have much longer. The bleeding is his brain is uncontrollable. I am so sorry,” Doctor Park said.

“How much longer do you think that he has?” I asked, still holding my sobbing brother.

“A couple of days...at the most.”

“C-can we go see him?” Taemin asked.

“Yes, but only two a time.”

We decided that Taemin and I should be the first to go inside. Taemin was hesitating to walk inside the room. After a few minutes, Taemin walked inside. We looked at our friend, looking even more broken than before. Taemin sat in the chair next to Minho. He grabbed his hand and laced it with his own.

“You know, I really do love him, Key.  He loved me too. We were finally happy, but today,” Taemin sobbed. “I actually was angry with him. I hated him just for a moment for not showing up to my competition, but look were my selfishness got us.” Taemin said, looking down at the boy with the swollen face.

“Taemin, you cannot blame this on yourself. He wanted to be with you. He wanted to come to your competition,” I said, wrapping my hands around him. “You cannot forget how much he loved you.”

“You spoke in the past tense.” Taemin said.

“Taemin-ah, as much as it pains all of us, we need to be prepared for the fact that Minho might not make it much longer.”

“Don’t say that! He has to make it! He can’t leave me. I can’t live without him, key! I just can’t.” Taemin yelled, shoving my arms off of his body.

“I know. I’m sorry.”

After a few more minutes, I left the room, allowing Onew to enter.

“How does he look?” Jonghyun said, wrapping his arms around me.

“Not too good. Taemin is taking it hard. I don’t know what to say to him. He keeps talking about not being able to live without him, but the thing is that I can’t live without Taemin. He needs to be strong. I didn’t think that this could ever happen to us. The five of us were supposed to shine forever!” I could no longer speak. I just laid my head into Jonghyun’s chest and cried.

A couple of hours passed before a nurse finally came back to the room.

“I am so sorry to say this but visiting hours are over. Family only. You guys are going to have to come back tomorrow,” the nurse said.

“But he may not make it until tomorrow.” Taemin said, still holding on to his boyfriend’s hand.

“I’m sorry, but those are the rules,” the nurse said, as she walked away.

“Come on, Taemin. We can come back tomorrow.” I said, grabbing on to Taemin’s arm.

Taemin stood from his seat and turned his body towards Minho. He placed a kiss on Minho’s forehead and whispered “Please stay until tomorrow. I will be back. I love you.”

I began to cry again watching Taemin’s exchange. We walked down the hall. Once we reached the elevator, I heard my name called. I turned to see Minho’s parents walking out of the elevator adjacent to us.

“Hello, guys. Did you come by to see Minho?” Minho’s mom said. You could tell that she had been crying from the puffiness in her eyes.

“Yeah, Minseok called us and told us what happened so we rushed down here.” Onew said.

“I am so glad that Minho has friends that care so much about him like you guys do especially you, Taemin.” Taemin looked up at Minho’s mom. She took a step closer towards my brother and placed her hands on his cheeks, removing the tears.

“I know how much you love my son, and I know that he loves you very much. You are the best thing that could have ever happened to Minho. You are his everything.” Minho’s mom began to cry along with Taemin. 

 

A/N: TT~TT