The Winner

More Than A Memory

 

The first name was called.

“Yoon Doojoon.” A young man went up on stage and bowed to the crowd.

The second name was called. We gulped, clenching our fists.

“Yang Yoseob” A fair hair boy followed.

We inhaled as the last name was called.

“Lee...

My eyes grew wide.

“Kikwang.”

My mouth fell open. Taemin didn’t get it. This can’t be right. There must be a mistake right. This is all Minho’s fault!

“WHAT?” Onew yelled. “This is an outrage. This is unbelievable. This is just wrong.”

“Hyung, maybe we shouldn’t yell about this. We should just go get Taemin. He is going to be devastated.” Jonghyun told Onew, trying to calm him down a little bit before seeing the younger boy.

We made our way down the stairs and towards the stage, but Taemin was already standing by the door. I could already see that he was crying again, but I am not actually ever sure that he stopped. This whole day has been hard on him. I just didn’t even know what to say, but he spoke out before we even could.

“I already have all of my stuff together. We can leave.” Taemin said, walking past us and making his way back into the rain.

We all got into the car, none of us wanting to say a word. We thought that it would be best if we just let him cope on his own until he reached out to talk to us.  Taemin was sitting next to me in the front seat next to me. I looked over and I could see the tears running down his face. I cannot believe that Minho would do something like this to him. It meant so much to Taemin for Minho to be there, but he really let Taemin down this time.

I decided that I was not going to just let Taemin spend the rest of the night crying in the car, so as we passed our favorite park, I turned to pull the car into the entrance.

“What are we doing here?” Taemin said, as I put the car in park and undid my seatbelts.

“We are going to count the stars.”

Jonghyun and Onew got out of the car as well. Taemin was still sitting in the front seat. I walked around the side of the car and opened his door. His cheeks were stained with the evidence of his previous tears, when I reached around his body and undid his seatbelt. I pulled on his hand and pulled him up and out of the car.

“Hyung, I’m not really-“Taemin began to say before I placed my hand over his mouth.

“Just follow us.”

This park was a park that we all knew too well. It was where we came when we cried, when we ran away from home, it is where we are sitting today. If any of us were ever missing, we always knew that we would be at our park.

We went to the rock that we would always sit at. Taemin was the first to sit on the edge of the pointed rock that sat slightly over the shore of the river. Taemin rubbed his hand along the smooth surface of the rock until he reached an area that was rougher than the rest. He looked down at the rough surface. Underneath his hand were our names, carved carefully into the granite. It was on my birthday five years ago that we had decided to carve our names into the special rock, making it really our own.

We were all silent, watching Taemin smile at the names on the rock. He rubbed his hand over Minho’s. We could see the anger growing inside of his body as he quickly stood up.

“I’m leaving.” Taemin said, as he walked back towards the car.

“Taemin-ah. Don’t go yet. Let’s just stay a little longer,” Jonghyun said, as he grabbed onto the younger boy’s wrist.

A ringing made all of us stop in our tracks. We all turned towards the oldest boy as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. From my spot next to Onew, I could see the Minho scrolling across the phone.

“Choi Minho, you ! Where are you?! Do you know how-?”

Onew fell silent.

“Minseok?”

We all looked at Onew with intense eyes. 

 

A/N: What is happening?!

Thank you for reading! 

.comment and subscribe.

 

 

 

A/N: on a funny note:

Key can not even look TOP in the eyes. bhahha